#21 panzer

panzer

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

View PostChuck S, on 29 October 2012 - 05:31 AM, said:

In the USA the serial numbered part is the "firearm."  Airsoft are not regulated but if the LM4 lower receiver (the serial numbered part and hence the "firearm") will accept a real M16/AR15 upper we could all get a real rifle without going thru a FFL.  The LM4 autosear functions just like the M16/M4 and we'd not only get a firearm we'd get a machine gun.  This is just how I see it playing.

-- Chuck
I originally thought, exactly like what you said, the asian version is not allowed because it's automatic, which is banned in the US as far as I know. Now I understand it better:
- the asian version can match a real m4 upper receiver, which could be a real firearm out of official control
- it's automatic capable, which is not allowed even for a legal firearm
(your legal system is really sophisticated, while it really provides you a reasonable space for freedom to enjoy)

But, can the alloy structure of LM4 really survive the powerful shock a real shot?

#22 panzer

panzer

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:37 PM

View Postpanzer, on 26 October 2012 - 05:45 AM, said:

I got the wrench and unscrewed the buffer tubb. Receivers got separated. Chuck is right. The hammer is broken. Fortunately, I'm going to travel to Hong Kong, the closest place to find a hammer. I'm going simply bring the entire lower receiver and get a new hammer fixed. Do you think there is any steel hammer available? The broken one is obviously alloy. BTW, since I'm bringing the lower receiver for repairs anyway. Are there anything else, you'd like to recommend, to be replaced for strengthening? Thanks. Attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351259050.874260.jpg

I called several stores in Hong Kong for helping me replacing the broken hammer. The good news is the hammer is possibly available, pending one vendor's confirmation. bad news is it could be risky to bring the entire lower receiver along with me to H.K. (could be stopped by HK customs). it seems I'll have to replace the hammer myself. I looked carefully inside the lower. The structure is not as complicated as I had thought. but when I'm trying to pull out the hammer pin (or trigger assembly pins, part 49), I found it's really hard, even using my hammer on a nail against the pin. I stopped trying afraid of damaging the lower. Do I need some other tool to pull the hammer pin out?

#23 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:58 PM

Pull out the selector and the pin above it, then remove the impact block, release the hammer (don't let it fly forward), then there's a clip that holds both the trigger and hammer pin in place. Remove that clip and the pins will then push out.

#24 panzer

panzer

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:38 AM

It works.
Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351607641.130040.jpg   122.84K   49 downloads
And I also found the piston a little damaged, this is either the reason or consequence of an issue I previously found that sometimes 2 bbs be stuck outside barrel instead of being loaded properly. A backup piston is needed if I can find one in Hong Kong.
Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351607852.238841.jpg   86.97K   47 downloads

#25 panzer

panzer

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:41 AM

But unfortunately, after dozens of calls to HK vendors I found online, NOBODY has kwa parts. Nor can I find any KWA official website either in HK or Taiwan. Is KWA a Taiwan factory in the first place? Still trying to find the hammer and piston...

#26 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:37 AM

Whoa that thing is deformed and missing some chunks there

#27 panzer

panzer

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:52 AM

View Postakiraspeedstar, on 30 October 2012 - 10:37 AM, said:

Whoa that thing is deformed and missing some chunks there
yes, it is. I'm wondering if it's because of any miss use. But I only use it for precision shooting indoor. Curious.

#28 panzer

panzer

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:03 AM

KWA USA agrees to put an international order for me. Really appreciate their help. But is the hammer compatible between the US version and Asian version, which I have? Anybody knows?

#29 panzer

panzer

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:21 AM

A friend of mine suggested that a possible reason for the broken hammer could be charging and pulling the trigger without a loaded bb. You guys think so too?

#30 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:36 AM

I doubt that one, either way the action is the same with the hammer flying forward and hitting the firing pin.

#31 panzer

panzer

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

Good news. I found WGC's show room in HK and got 2 hammers. It is possibly the only place I can find the KWA parts in HK, as I had spent 2 half days visiting nearly all stores in the Kwang Hwa Street area, which is famous for airsoft shops. I got back home last night, install the hammer and my LM4 can shoot again. I'm still looking for a replacement piston, because the current damaged nozzle gets bbs stuck in burst mode more often. But I can at least shoot single shots now, feeling the recoil again. Thank you all for your help in the past weeks.

#32 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,509 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

Congratulations!  I hope to shop there someday.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: KWA, LM4, PTS, Bolt, Stuck, Jam

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users