#1 Hibiki

Hibiki

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 09:59 PM

Hey guys,

Well, as I am in the process of "fixing" my gun and have it disassembled (see my previous, foolish thread for details ;), I'd like to look into the main reason I opened it up in the first place: the hop-up.

I understand that the MP7's hop-up is known to be difficult to adjust minutely, but from the start, this has been a huge understatement in my case. It appears that the hop-up adjustment is particularly loose (as in, you cannot set it in-between "clicks" or it will merely slide up/down to the nearest one with a little firing or temperature change -- though this may normal?), and furthermore, the clicks appear to affect the hop-up very little, if at all, until about the 5th, at which the gun still shoots quite low @ 100ft, even with .20's. However, by the next click, it kicks in very heavily, and the BB's curve up, even out to 150ft with .30's.  Furthermore, no matter how far I adjust it upwards from this point, no additional spin appears to be added (not that it is needed, of course! But I thought it odd enough to be note-worthy). In short, my problem is that there is no happy medium at which I can achieve something resembling a straight trajectory.  I am either shooting very low, with almost no hop-up, or extremely high, with too much.  Now, I CAN set it perfectly if I very tediously position the hop-up between the 5th and 6th clicks, but it is so loose that within a few rounds it will rotate up or down to the nearest one.

I've tried using .20's, .23's, .25's, and .30's now, and I'm unable to compensate well for this problem, which I have had since I first received the gun.

Is this a common problem?  Is there a way to make the hop-up adjustment unit tighter so that it doesn't move?  Also, why, despite having so many "clicks" do the first 4-5, and the last 4-5 not seem to increase or decrease the hop-up; the only noticeable difference being at those two mid point clicks?

Edited by Hibiki, 28 January 2010 - 10:02 PM.

#2 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 05:02 PM

is the hopup drum backwards?  :whistle:

#3 Hitman07

Hitman07

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Interests:YouTube, Airsoft/Paintball, and Computers

Posted 30 January 2010 - 09:45 PM

Spiggy, on 29 January 2010 - 05:02 PM, said:

is the hopup drum backwards?  :whistle:

Hey spiggy what to do when the MP7 doesnt shoot bbs out and then they jus fall out of u let the gun hang down? Lube the hop up??? Thanks

also personal preference question. You think I should sell my SR12 to have money to buy a KWA LM4 PTR?

#4 Hibiki

Hibiki

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 04:49 PM

Hitman, the hop-up is what keeps BB's from falling through the barrel.  If you have it off, they will fall through.  Lubing it will just make them slide through even easier.

#5 Hitman07

Hitman07

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Interests:YouTube, Airsoft/Paintball, and Computers

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:43 PM

Hibiki, on 31 January 2010 - 04:49 PM, said:

Hitman, the hop-up is what keeps BB's from falling through the barrel.  If you have it off, they will fall through.  Lubing it will just make them slide through even easier.

i am aware of this. i was asking what to do when for instance I go full auto but no bbs come out then if i turn it where the gun muzzle is to ground all the BBs will fall out like they was just sitting in the barrel. Thats what i was saying

#6 papabois

papabois

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Playing with toys.

Posted 31 January 2010 - 06:06 PM

Hitman07, on 31 January 2010 - 05:43 PM, said:

i am aware of this. i was asking what to do when for instance I go full auto but no bbs come out then if i turn it where the gun muzzle is to ground all the BBs will fall out like they was just sitting in the barrel. Thats what i was saying

I'm currently looking for a solid answer on this too.  Keep an eye here ( http://www.arniesair...0 ).  Hopefully an answer will present itself...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users