123 replies to this topic

#61 Brandiboy101

Brandiboy101

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:43 PM

Will this LiFePO battery fit in the stock of the SR10?

http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=5806

If so, would you recommend it for the SR10, or is it over powered? How does this 9.6 LiFePO compare to a 11.1 LiPo?

#62 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,565 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:19 PM

It will not fit.  The 9.6 will have a lower ROF than the 11.1.  I believe that they are over priced for the perceived advantages of stability that they have vs a good LiPo.

#63 Brandiboy101

Brandiboy101

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:41 PM

View Postgcw360, on 23 February 2012 - 07:19 PM, said:

It will not fit.  The 9.6 will have a lower ROF than the 11.1.  I believe that they are over priced for the perceived advantages of stability that they have vs a good LiPo.
Can you tell me what exactly the maintenance is for a LiPo? I've herd you can't use the last 3 volts, but how am I supposed to know when I'm at 3? I've also herd it can't lay around for more then two months without a charge, needs to be refrigerated, and a bunch of other maintenance junk.

Also, is it true that higher voltage means higher FPS? I saw someone chrono a SR10 at 380 with a 9.6, but with a 11.1, I've seen it chrononed above 400.

Finally, (LOL, sorry for so many questions), if I don't want to go the LiPo route, is a 9.6v 1600mAh the best battery I can get that will fit in the crane stock of the SR10?

Edited by Brandiboy101, 23 February 2012 - 10:16 PM.

#64 aZtec

aZtec

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:39 AM

No, FPS are completely unrelated to battery (other the "no battery" => "zero fps" :P )
Yes, LiPos have a routine of maintenance which, I would say, is not too much not to buy a LiPo.
If it still buggs you, get LiMn batteries - they basically perform very similiar to LiPos, fit the crane stock and the best: they take same abuse, handling and maintenance wise, not like lipos. Hard shell and so on...

http://shop.ehobbyas...stick-type.html

There are also some in the ProShop and on other places.
Basically every battery that claims to be a "LiPo" and has those "NiMH-esque" appearance with hard shells, is a LiIon battery (in case it has 11.1v, and not 9.9v, which would make it a LiFePO4). There are two types of LiIons, with LiMn (Lithium Manganese) being far more commong today, more secure and nmore performant then the older Lithium Cobalt, which are hard to find nowadays from what I've heard.

#65 Brandiboy101

Brandiboy101

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:55 AM

View PostaZtec, on 24 February 2012 - 04:39 AM, said:

No, FPS are completely unrelated to battery (other the "no battery" => "zero fps" :P )
Yes, LiPos have a routine of maintenance which, I would say, is not too much not to buy a LiPo.
If it still buggs you, get LiMn batteries - they basically perform very similiar to LiPos, fit the crane stock and the best: they take same abuse, handling and maintenance wise, not like lipos. Hard shell and so on...

http://shop.ehobbyas...stick-type.html

There are also some in the ProShop and on other places.
Basically every battery that claims to be a "LiPo" and has those "NiMH-esque" appearance with hard shells, is a LiIon battery (in case it has 11.1v, and not 9.9v, which would make it a LiFePO4). There are two types of LiIons, with LiMn (Lithium Manganese) being far more commong today, more secure and nmore performant then the older Lithium Cobalt, which are hard to find nowadays from what I've heard.
Thanks for the info!

So are you saying that the "LiPo" batteries that KWA sells aren't really LiPo? And what are the exact maintenance differences between the LiPo and the LiMn? And if LiMn batteries have a NiMH nun-chuck appearance, what do LiPo batteries look like?

#66 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,565 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:02 PM

Lithium batteries do not like to be punctured, well no battery does.  LiPo's are a soft pack battery that is typically square or rectangular.  Lion batteries are in a hard cylindrical shell and are less prone to damage due to puncture.

Lithium batteries can be stored for longer periods than 2 months and do not require refrigeration.  They need to be balanced charged and should not go below their nominal voltage which is typically 3.0 volts/cell.  There are alarms that you can buy to alert you to low voltage.  However, while I have one, I do not use it.  When a LiPo, LiMn, Lion, battery gets to around 3 volts the gun will all but stop firing.  The voltage drop is very fast, extreme even.  At that point you pull the battery and recharge or replace it.

#67 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:22 PM

View Postgcw360, on 24 February 2012 - 06:02 PM, said:

Lithium batteries do not like to be punctured, well no battery does.  LiPo's are a soft pack battery that is typically square or rectangular.  Lion batteries are in a hard cylindrical shell and are less prone to damage due to puncture.

Im special, I have a LiPo in a cylindrical shape! Fits very well in my crane stock, I hope to pick up another one soon, or maybe a buffer tube lipo, as at the moment I only have one battery... =/

#68 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,565 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:24 PM

Send me a picture if you can...or a link.  Thanks.

#69 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:28 PM

View Postgcw360, on 24 February 2012 - 06:24 PM, said:

Send me a picture if you can...or a link.  Thanks.
http://www.ebay.com/...nc#ht_500wt_922
Not near my guns or any gear, so theres a link. =D I hope its a lipo, otherwise Ive probably been using the wrong charger haha!

#70 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,565 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:32 PM

View Postaaps59, on 24 February 2012 - 06:28 PM, said:

http://www.ebay.com/...nc#ht_500wt_922
Not near my guns or any gear, so theres a link. =D I hope its a lipo, otherwise Ive probably been using the wrong charger haha!
Nope, sorry Dude...That's a Lion.  I have the same battery and did a write-up on this forum.  No worries though about charging, they charge the same.

See here: http://kwausa.com/fo...ew&fromsearch=1

Look at the third picture at the top where it identifies Lion.  Now there are other references to charging this battery and using LiPo chargers on the label.  In the end all variates of lithium batteries, while there are subtle differences, are to be handled essentially the same.

#71 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:35 PM

View Postgcw360, on 24 February 2012 - 06:32 PM, said:

Nope, sorry Dude...That's a Lion.  I have the same battery and did a write-up on this forum.  No worries though about charging, they charge the same.

See here: http://kwausa.com/fo...ew&fromsearch=1
Damn, I wanted to be special. It is a good battery though. But if I ever get around to getting a new stock for my SR10, I don't think it'll do the job =(

#72 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,565 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:40 PM

I actually like that battery quite a lot.  It won't do buffer tube duty though if that's what you are thinking.

#73 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:53 PM

View Postgcw360, on 24 February 2012 - 06:40 PM, said:

I actually like that battery quite a lot.  It won't do buffer tube duty though if that's what you are thinking.
haha I know, there's no way that a nun chuck like that could fit in the buffer tube. Everytime I think about changing the stock, I just think about all the issues. Like where the fuse would go, and all the wiring. It makes me want to smash eggs

#74 Brandiboy101

Brandiboy101

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:10 PM

OK, while we're on the subject, I have two questions I need to ask.

1) When someone says a 1500mAh batter will last around 2 hours, is that 2 hours of shooting, or two hours of play time?

2) How does this battery compare with a 11.1v LiMn for the SR10? Which one will give me the best performance with the least amount of wear to the gears, and with the least amount of maintenance?

http://eliteairsoftb...ttery-pack.aspx

#75 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,565 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:47 PM

View PostBrandiboy101, on 24 February 2012 - 10:10 PM, said:

OK, while we're on the subject, I have two questions I need to ask.

1) When someone says a 1500mAh batter will last around 2 hours, is that 2 hours of shooting, or two hours of play time?

2) How does this battery compare with a 11.1v LiMn for the SR10? Which one will give me the best performance with the least amount of wear to the gears, and with the least amount of maintenance?

http://eliteairsoftb...ttery-pack.aspx
2 hrs is not a good way to measure.  It should be measured in rounds,  1500 mAh should give you over 2200 rounds.  The battery in the link won't fit on the SR10 crane stock.  One side is too long.

#76 Brandiboy101

Brandiboy101

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:54 PM

View Postgcw360, on 25 February 2012 - 07:47 PM, said:

2 hrs is not a good way to measure.  It should be measured in rounds,  1500 mAh should give you over 2200 rounds.  The battery in the link won't fit on the SR10 crane stock.  One side is too long.
OK, thanks!

Are you absolutely sure it won't fit, because EliteAirsoftBatteries advertises this battery for the SR10, and I've seen other airsoft forums recommending this battery for the SR10. :blink:

#77 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,565 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:06 PM

I just measured the length of the LiPo I use.  It's about 5.25".  The longest side of the battery you have linked to is 5.6".  It may just fit....That would be a cool thing, but it will be close.  Please let us know.

#78 boogieboard486

boogieboard486

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:47 PM

would a 12v work with the gun if it could fit? or would that pratically destroy the gun?

#79 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,565 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:52 PM

I'd say that you would be pushing your luck.  11.1 is the max recommended.

#80 boogieboard486

boogieboard486

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:53 PM

11.1 lipo? and 10.8 for regular?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users