2 replies to this topic

#1 steelfallenangel

steelfallenangel

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:28 AM

I picked up a used KWA M17 for my KSC G18C. The previous owner sanded down the slide but didn't do a really good job and installed some gaudy fiber optic sights. I am picking up the stainless PGC KSC M17 slide to replace it but I'm having a hard time finding some replacement traditional sights. Dytac seemed like they made a decent pair but are sold out everywhere. The KWA pro shop has the front sight but no rear sight.

My big question is, can I use some 17 style sights for TMs on my KWA or or they set to different specs? And if they are different couldsomeone else point me to a good place to get a replacement pair?

On a side note, some people have been stating about what makes the M models real KWAs and one of the common things mentioned was lack of a trigger safety. Well this model seems to have one but still lacks the any trades to speak of (save of a serial number on the bottom of the slide) and all my NS2 mags I bought directly work with it, so did I get had or am I just misunderstanding what others are mentioning when they say trigger safety.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,738 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

View Poststeelfallenangel, on 23 April 2013 - 12:28 AM, said:

I picked up a used KWA M17 for my KSC G18C. The previous owner sanded down the slide but didn't do a really good job and installed some gaudy fiber optic sights. I am picking up the stainless PGC KSC M17 slide to replace it but I'm having a hard time finding some replacement traditional sights. Dytac seemed like they made a decent pair but are sold out everywhere. The KWA pro shop has the front sight but no rear sight.

My big question is, can I use some 17 style sights for TMs on my KWA or or they set to different specs? And if they are different couldsomeone else point me to a good place to get a replacement pair?

On a side note, some people have been stating about what makes the M models real KWAs and one of the common things mentioned was lack of a trigger safety. Well this model seems to have one but still lacks the any trades to speak of (save of a serial number on the bottom of the slide) and all my NS2 mags I bought directly work with it, so did I get had or am I just misunderstanding what others are mentioning when they say trigger safety.
The KWA M series had a slot in the trigger that would accept a KSC trigger safety.  In fact, a long time ago, KWA sold it as an upgrade.  I have it on my m19.  Also, you can through on the m23f rear sight for a unique look.  See here: http://store.kwausa....drearsight.aspx

I also have it on my M19.  I added a KWA made slide and outer barrel with trades, sold by KSC, to complete the look.

Hope this helps.

Posted Image

#3 steelfallenangel

steelfallenangel

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

Thank you that does help. Will pick up that M23 sight instead.

After posting this I happened to come across a piece of media offering the trigger safety to enhance realism. I guess the previous owner installed it trading it.

These sights won't be night glow like I was hoping but plopping down close to a 100$ on true milspec ones is impratical and at least they will look the part.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users