Jump to content


Loosley Related Banter -Pre Release-

AKG AK gas Green blowback rifle russian soviet 74M 74SU

  • Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#41 xX Chaotic Cam

xX Chaotic Cam

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South-Eastern Kentucky
  • Interests:Airsoft(no kidding?), real firearms, cars.
  • Country:

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:46 AM

Are you guys gonna start contracting the AKG's to the Russian Ground Forces and the Spetsnaz for training? :rofl1:

#42 Grindstone

Grindstone

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SW OKC, OK
  • Country:

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:48 AM

View PostxX Chaotic Cam, on 06 February 2012 - 10:42 AM, said:

I doubt that would even be on the extra super omgnomnomnom project idea board. It just doesn't seem like something KWA would in invest time and money in.
Why wouldn't it? If anything, it should've been first. AKMs are far more prevalent throughout the world than the 5.45 AK74 series. Many nations still use 7.62 AKs (not necessarily AKMs, though) as standard issue for their infantrymen. And it wouldn't require any great reengineering to the current AK74 platform as, for the most part, aesthetics are the same with minor details. The internal design would stay the same and really only the magazine would need to be redesigned.

#43 xX Chaotic Cam

xX Chaotic Cam

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South-Eastern Kentucky
  • Interests:Airsoft(no kidding?), real firearms, cars.
  • Country:

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:54 AM

View PostGrindstone, on 06 February 2012 - 10:48 AM, said:

Why wouldn't it? If anything, it should've been first. AKMs are far more prevalent throughout the world than the 5.45 AK74 series. Many nations still use 7.62 AKs (not necessarily AKMs, though) as standard issue for their infantrymen. And it wouldn't require any great reengineering to the current AK74 platform as, for the most part, aesthetics are the same with minor details. The internal design would stay the same and really only the magazine would need to be redesigned.
I like the idea but I just don't see it happening. Just because many countries still use them doesn't mean they would be fitting in airsoft. The AK74 is clearly a better weapon. It's lighter, the cartridge is fires is more effective against soft targets, and it's more accurate. I would love to have a AK47 or an AKM simply because they have much more history than the AK74.

#44 Grindstone

Grindstone

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SW OKC, OK
  • Country:

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:55 AM

I don't understand why you would think it wouldn't happen? AKM/47 can be seen in just about every airsoft game across the world. The market for AKM/47s is arguably larger than for '74s. To the informed purchaser, AKs tend to be purchased for the 'look'. '47s fit just about any non-NATO role from the 50s to present. '74s really only suit Russian impressions from mid 70s to now (and even that is changing). To the "uninformed" purchaser, '47s have earned a reputation over the decades, commonly being associated with many world events and becoming the unoffical symbol of rebellion, giving it world-wide notoriety. If you show a '74 to the average American and ask them what it is, they'll likely respond "AK47". You'll get the same response with a true AKM, even.

I don't see how a real-world cartridge has any significant bearing on an airsoft gun. Accuracy is roughly the same across most airsoft platforms, deriving more from hop up rather than real steel design. If you're arguing weight differences, why even bother with an AK, then? There's plenty of light-weight alternatives available.
Having owned both '47s and '74s, I can say, aesthetics aside, the only tangible difference is the magazine. I give the '74 the edge in this, as it has the least curve making it easier to stow and withdraw.

Now, we are just urniating into the wind until KWA come out and say they're making them, but if they don't, they're sorely missing out on a viable market, as there are only two real entries in the GBB '47 pool.

#45 xX Chaotic Cam

xX Chaotic Cam

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South-Eastern Kentucky
  • Interests:Airsoft(no kidding?), real firearms, cars.
  • Country:

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:10 PM

View PostGrindstone, on 06 February 2012 - 11:55 AM, said:

I don't understand why you would think it wouldn't happen? AKM/47 can be seen in just about every airsoft game across the world. The market for AKM/47s is arguably larger than for '74s. To the informed purchaser, AKs tend to be purchased for the 'look'. '47s fit just about any non-NATO role from the 50s to present. '74s really only suit Russian impressions from mid 70s to now (and even that is changing). To the "uninformed" purchaser, '47s have earned a reputation over the decades, commonly being associated with many world events and becoming the unoffical symbol of rebellion, giving it world-wide notoriety. If you show a '74 to the average American and ask them what it is, they'll likely respond "AK47". You'll get the same response with a true AKM, even.

I don't see how a real-world cartridge has any significant bearing on an airsoft gun. Accuracy is roughly the same across most airsoft platforms, deriving more from hop up rather than real steel design. If you're arguing weight differences, why even bother with an AK, then? There's plenty of light-weight alternatives available.
Having owned both '47s and '74s, I can say, aesthetics aside, the only tangible difference is the magazine. I give the '74 the edge in this, as it has the least curve making it easier to stow and withdraw.

Now, we are just urniating into the wind until KWA come out and say they're making them, but if they don't, they're sorely missing out on a viable market, as there are only two real entries in the GBB '47 pool.
Are there any actual AK47 GBBR's?

#46 Grindstone

Grindstone

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SW OKC, OK
  • Country:

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:29 AM

View PostxX Chaotic Cam, on 06 February 2012 - 12:10 PM, said:

Are there any actual AK47 GBBR's?
For GIM GBBRs there's GHK's AKM and AKMS and WE with the recently released PMC AKM.

#47 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

    I Break GUNS!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Irvine, CA
  • Country:

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:14 AM

I have to say, companies will make the big cooperate decision on what is added next to their few in the line up. If AK74 GBBR's are a big hit (or bigger hit than expected), it wouldn't cross doubt in my mind that KWA would consider exploring the other AK platforms. In others words... start slapping your credit cards down, then talk. ;)

#48 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft
  • Country:

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:59 AM

View Postgreatwatermelon, on 19 February 2012 - 01:14 AM, said:

I have to say, companies will make the big cooperate decision on what is added next to their few in the line up. If AK74 GBBR's are a big hit (or bigger hit than expected), it wouldn't cross doubt in my mind that KWA would consider exploring the other AK platforms. In others words... start slapping your credit cards down, then talk. ;)

What a salesman.... LOL

Edited by Outlaw1995, 19 February 2012 - 05:50 PM.


#49 Zereck

Zereck

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Country:

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:16 AM

Well then I hope you guys will make the PP-19 Bizon. I know it isn't an AK but it does share many similarities with them(it is a shorter AK-74SU with a unique magazine(yeah I know it is more complex than that on the real steel)) so I guess you wouldn't need to redesign everything about it(except the magazines of course).

#50 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

    I Break GUNS!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Irvine, CA
  • Country:

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:29 PM

View PostZereck, on 19 February 2012 - 09:16 AM, said:

Well then I hope you guys will make the PP-19 Bizon. I know it isn't an AK but it does share many similarities with them(it is a shorter AK-74SU with a unique magazine(yeah I know it is more complex than that on the real steel)) so I guess you wouldn't need to redesign everything about it(except the magazines of course).

It looks as if the entire front end would need to be redesigned in order to take the magazine.

#51 Trevytrev

Trevytrev

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:америка!!!!!
  • Interests:Hm, I wonder what it could be....
  • Country:

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:42 AM

Bizon would be nice as a Russian smg gbb



ps KWA you guys have forty days to get a shiny new AKG's on the store floor, jus sayin. It has been almost 3 quarter overdue any way and you guys nanounced it a at the shot show twice, defeating the point of the show, I believe it is for the products that will be released in the coming year..... ( feel free To correct anything I said that is wrong)

Edited by Trevytrev, 20 February 2012 - 06:43 AM.


#52 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft
  • Country:

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:34 PM

View PostTrevytrev, on 20 February 2012 - 06:42 AM, said:

ps KWA you guys have forty days to get a shiny new AKG's on the store floor, jus sayin. It has been almost 3 quarter overdue any way and you guys nanounced it a at the shot show twice, defeating the point of the show, I believe it is for the products that will be released in the coming year..... ( feel free To correct anything I said that is wrong)
KWA will get it done. I put my faith in them. We still have a month to go. Or 40 days as you've said. It will get done. Eventually. :)

#53 Trevytrev

Trevytrev

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:америка!!!!!
  • Interests:Hm, I wonder what it could be....
  • Country:

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:41 PM

i dont want eventualy, i want within 40 days ( hmmm, how biblical? this must be a sign KWA...)

#54 Trevytrev

Trevytrev

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:америка!!!!!
  • Interests:Hm, I wonder what it could be....
  • Country:

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:19 PM

1- WILL THE MANUFACTUER OF THIS PRODUCT YEILD TO A QUESTION?
2- yes, it is your right.
1-  is it or is it not rue that the AKG will have the following quality-> "on the front end, parts are missing the pins/ screws as in, infront of the mag well on the bottom. They are there on the TM and TM style guns, not there on vfc and not there on LCT aks. They make for annoying issues with the hop up. I worked on a gun for a guy that had them and when they strip it makes the gun practically useless as the hop up no longer engages the bb retainer in the magazine"- the red alliance
3- (kwa answers here) :)

Edited by Trevytrev, 20 February 2012 - 02:19 PM.


#55 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft
  • Country:

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:50 AM

Trev, there's something you have to abide by when asking a company for further information on a product that hasn't been released. I know we all do it, and get away with it, but that's because KWA loves us and loves to fill our heads with curiosity. Let me put it a different way: You can't go to Infinity Ward or whoever is making the game Call of Duty these days, and ask them- what guns are going to be in the game? What are you going to do in the final level of the campaign? You can't ask a developer of a product anything that gives away critical detail of their product. It is for the eyes of consumers to figure out once they have the products in their hands.

You will be able to answer your questions to the very last precise detail once you get your AKG(s) in your hands. Until then, we just have to wait.

#56 xX Chaotic Cam

xX Chaotic Cam

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South-Eastern Kentucky
  • Interests:Airsoft(no kidding?), real firearms, cars.
  • Country:

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:50 AM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 21 February 2012 - 08:50 AM, said:

Trev, there's something you have to abide by when asking a company for further information on a product that hasn't been released. I know we all do it, and get away with it, but that's because KWA loves us and loves to fill our heads with curiosity. Let me put it a different way: You can't go to Infinity Ward or whoever is making the game Call of Duty these days, and ask them- what guns are going to be in the game? What are you going to do in the final level of the campaign? You can't ask a developer of a product anything that gives away critical detail of their product. It is for the eyes of consumers to figure out once they have the products in their hands.

You will be able to answer your questions to the very last precise detail once you get your AKG(s) in your hands. Until then, we just have to wait.
Well said.

#57 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

    What's a Warranty?

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Atlanta, GA
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!
  • Country:

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:10 AM

..................and KWA will always make AWESOME products so you are safe to assume that you will be very pleased. ;)

#58 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

    I Break GUNS!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Irvine, CA
  • Country:

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:32 PM

View PostTrevytrev, on 20 February 2012 - 02:19 PM, said:

1- WILL THE MANUFACTUER OF THIS PRODUCT YEILD TO A QUESTION?
2- yes, it is your right.
1-  is it or is it not rue that the AKG will have the following quality-> "on the front end, parts are missing the pins/ screws as in, infront of the mag well on the bottom. They are there on the TM and TM style guns, not there on vfc and not there on LCT aks. They make for annoying issues with the hop up. I worked on a gun for a guy that had them and when they strip it makes the gun practically useless as the hop up no longer engages the bb retainer in the magazine"- the red alliance
3- (kwa answers here) :)

I hope you realize that the AKG and AKR are different from each other... "G" denotes Gas and "R" denotes the ERG's. There are no screws in front of the magwell for the AKG. However, there are screws in front of the magpull for the AKR.


Posted Image Posted Image

#59 Trevytrev

Trevytrev

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:америка!!!!!
  • Interests:Hm, I wonder what it could be....
  • Country:

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:44 PM

oh, ok sorry mis understood, any way :shocked: :shocked:  NEW PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#60 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft
  • Country:

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:10 PM

View Postgreatwatermelon, on 21 February 2012 - 12:32 PM, said:


Posted Image Posted Image
Just look at those beautiful receivers... =D





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AKG, AK, gas, Green, blowback, rifle, russian, soviet, 74M, 74SU

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users