8 replies to this topic

#1 slips73

slips73

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:24 PM

i recently got my atp brand new and have put maybe 100 bbs through it but i notice than sometimes it doesnt fire the bb and then the next pull of the trigger does.....(it shoots just gas) also my slide doesnt lock back after the last bb i have to pull the trigger again and then it shoots nothing and locks back.......whats wrong?

#2 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:Playing Bass, Grandkids, camping

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:04 PM

View Postslips73, on 03 January 2012 - 04:24 PM, said:

i recently got my atp brand new and have put maybe 100 bbs through it but i notice than sometimes it doesnt fire the bb and then the next pull of the trigger does.....(it shoots just gas) also my slide doesnt lock back after the last bb i have to pull the trigger again and then it shoots nothing and locks back.......whats wrong?

Mine does this sometimes too!

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,736 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:08 PM

See "philsaudio's" post, last in the thread: http://kwausa.com/fo...l=&fromsearch=1

It appears his issues was resolved with a full, warm mag.  GBB pistols suffer in the cold weather.

#4 slips73

slips73

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:14 PM

i live in california and its about 65-70 out so i dnt think that the cold weather is the problem...its like when i shoot it it will fire a couple and the next one fires nothing and then it fires again idk why it does this im trying the rinsing and drying off the bucking as i put silicone on it mistakingly ....could that be the problem?

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,736 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:17 PM

The bucking shouldn't be the issue.  Try silicone oil on the hammer assembly and trigger reset bar.  Work in the oil by manually moving the parts, setting and releasing the hammer, etc.  After some time, try firing the gun as normal.  See if there is any improvment.

#6 slips73

slips73

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:41 PM

ok i will try that.......and what about the slide not locking back when it is empty? sometimes it works and sometimes i have to shoot an empty one to get it to?

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,736 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:22 PM

I think that the impact block, part #18, may not be striking the valve hard enough to release enough gas to drive the slide back.  This would be related to the lubrication that I suggested.

#8 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:Playing Bass, Grandkids, camping

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:22 PM

View Postslips73, on 03 January 2012 - 06:14 PM, said:

i live in california and its about 65-70 out so i dnt think that the cold weather is the problem...its like when i shoot it it will fire a couple and the next one fires nothing and then it fires again idk why it does this im trying the rinsing and drying off the bucking as i put silicone on it mistakingly ....could that be the problem?

Mine does this too. But I am finding if I keep the mags in my pocket to warm them up I can reload 2x (69BB) and it locks back at least the first two times, but never the fourth.  Yes I am filling the mags 4x if I fill them for 15 seconds and keep them in my pocket. The last one will not have enough umph to lock the slide back.

Edited by philsaudio, 04 January 2012 - 12:28 PM.

#9 slips73

slips73

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:34 PM

hey i tried what was said like oiling the hammer and trigger assembly and also warming the magazine i fired 4 magazines of 15 rounds testing and all shot correctly also it is much more accurate after washing and air drying the bucking because of all the lubricant i added.....it seems to work for now so thanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users