#1 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:03 PM

Just wanted to make a compatibility thread where we could ask whether or not certain things are compatible with the KWA LM4 and all its successors (Magpul edition, LM4c, etc...)

Starting off, is this TBB compatible with the KWA LM4? It is made for KSC, but I don't see why it wouldn't be compatible...
http://shop.ehobbyas...370mm-m4a1.html

#2 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:06 AM

I think most of the answers youre going to get will be something like "wait and see..."
But for now, at least were pretty certain that the LM4's have mil spec buffer tubes =)

#3 Jatodude

Jatodude

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:37 PM

Somebody somewhere has to know what fits lol.

Personally I want to know the specs of...
-Buffer tube or lower receiver threads for Magpul UBR and PRS stocks albeit RS, WA, or proprietary.
-Outer Barrel
-Inner Barrel
-Pistol Grip
-Trigger Guard
-Upper receiver threads for rails
-Bolt carrier group, I want an NPAS.

I really hope a majority of the externals are aftermarket compatible.  I want to build a KAC SR-15 E3 type replica, a buddy of mine wants to do an MK12 Mod 0, and another wants to make a PWS Diablo.

#4 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

I don't know what id call mine... A Aaps custom? haha

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,591 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:41 PM

I'll bite, "let's wait and see"....

#6 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:08 PM

View PostJatodude, on 09 April 2012 - 01:37 PM, said:

Somebody somewhere has to know what fits lol.

Personally I want to know the specs of...
-Buffer tube or lower receiver threads for Magpul UBR and PRS stocks albeit RS, WA, or proprietary.
-Outer Barrel
-Inner Barrel
-Pistol Grip
-Trigger Guard
-Upper receiver threads for rails
-Bolt carrier group, I want an NPAS.

I really hope a majority of the externals are aftermarket compatible.  I want to build a KAC SR-15 E3 type replica, a buddy of mine wants to do an MK12 Mod 0, and another wants to make a PWS Diablo.
I can answer some of those... buffer tube is mil spec, outer barrel will be proprietary, but not across KWA LM4 series, meaning LM4C barrel will fit LM4, inner barrel... unknown... pistol grip can be replaced with magpul grip (so far), trigger guard is compatible like the AEG series I believe, LM4 delta ring will accept most airsoft/real steel hand guards... bolt is steel.

#7 Jatodude

Jatodude

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:56 PM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 09 April 2012 - 06:08 PM, said:

I can answer some of those... buffer tube is mil spec, outer barrel will be proprietary, but not across KWA LM4 series, meaning LM4C barrel will fit LM4, inner barrel... unknown... pistol grip can be replaced with magpul grip (so far), trigger guard is compatible like the AEG series I believe, LM4 delta ring will accept most airsoft/real steel hand guards... bolt is steel.

So the buffer tube could be replaced with a RS UBR or PRS? Not just the outer diameter of the buffer tube to accept LE or CTR type stocks?

And with the outer barrel, do you mean proprietary only to KWA LM4's? Or possibly only USA KWA LM4's?  I'm guessing this means that the KSC and WA outer barrels are out of the question.  I believe that the LM4 is similar in some ways to the WA though, so I can only hope it'll take a WA compatible SR-15 E3 barrel although it's a bit of a pipe dream lol.

As for the inner barrel I think I saw on a French forum the other day that someone put an RA-Tech KSC System Seven-Two barrel in one of the foreign LM4's and I doubt they would be any different in the barrel and hop-up area.

As for grips, are you saying they can take RS? I would absolutely love to get a Magpul MIAD kit or one of their K grips.

With the upper receiver threads, do you know if it'd be compatible with the G&P, VFC, 5KU, or something similar URX rail?  Or possibly the RS version?  What about MK12 MOD 0 handguards? I've seen AEG users on this forum install them.  If I'm not mistaken there's TM type and RS type and I don't know the difference.

I also don't understand the "... bolt is steel." statement.  Does that relate to NPAS somehow? I was aware that it was steel previously.  I want to get it up to about 450fps to run .28g's and my buddy wants about 500fps to possibly use .36g's.

Also to add to the questions, do you have any ideas if it's possible to install ambidextrous safetys as shown on some  pre-production LM4 models?

That's a lot of questions but I search the internet on a daily basis for new LM4 information and rarely find any information about it.  I can't wait to get one, but I really hope I can set it up the way I want.

Edited by Jatodude, 11 April 2012 - 02:00 PM.

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,591 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:56 PM

For the record, since the production model has NOT been released to the public, any definitive answers are purely speculation and conjecture.  Sorry to be a buzz kill but it's the truth.

I can answer your question regarding the bolt based on the prototype.  The bolt houses the cylinder assembly and is the part of the gun that cycles causing recoil.  It is viewed through the dust cover of the gun.  The Asia versions of the KWA M4's were released with aluminum bolt while the US model prototypes had a steel bolt.  Hope this helps.

#9 Jatodude

Jatodude

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:14 PM

View Postgcw360, on 11 April 2012 - 04:56 PM, said:

For the record, since the production model has NOT been released to the public, any definitive answers are purely speculation and conjecture.  Sorry to be a buzz kill but it's the truth.

I can answer your question regarding the bolt based on the prototype.  The bolt houses the cylinder assembly and is the part of the gun that cycles causing recoil.  It is viewed through the dust cover of the gun.  The Asia versions of the KWA M4's were released with aluminum bolt while the US model prototypes had a steel bolt.  Hope this helps.

I have a very good understanding about the bolt.  I'm very familiar with what it is and how it works.  And I knew that the U.S. version is steel,  But I still don't understand how that relates to whether or not an NPAS system would be possible to install, in particular the RA-Tech NPAS kit for the System Seven-Two gas system which should be almost the same, if not identical to the FV system.

Edit: Here's something interesting.  I found a used LM4 for sale on a French airsoft site and here's a phrase as translated by Google "power: from 300 FPS to 500 FPS using the NPAS".  So it has an NPAS kit in it, I guess that means that the NPAS designed for the KSC works then?

Edit 2: I didn't notice until I looked at alternative translations but I also just found this "Barrel precision 06.01 RA-TECH" So I guess this means that the inner barrel should be compatible with KSC?

Edit 3: I just found that the hop-up bucking for KSC M4 S7-Two is compatible with the LM4.

Edited by Jatodude, 11 April 2012 - 07:35 PM.

#10 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,591 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:10 PM

I didn't mean to imply you didn't understand the bolt.  I was posting so that others may gain some insight.  I can only speculate, but I assume that the NPAS could be installed.  That said, from the conversations I have had with Allizard and the posts I've seen here, the NPAS has not received and enthusiastic endorsement form KWA.  Also, the Asian version is significantly different from the US version so again, one can't be sure if the inner barrel you are referring to would be compatible.

#11 Jatodude

Jatodude

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

View Postgcw360, on 11 April 2012 - 07:10 PM, said:

I didn't mean to imply you didn't understand the bolt.  I was posting so that others may gain some insight.  I can only speculate, but I assume that the NPAS could be installed.  That said, from the conversations I have had with Allizard and the posts I've seen here, the NPAS has not received and enthusiastic endorsement form KWA.  Also, the Asian version is significantly different from the US version so again, one can't be sure if the inner barrel you are referring to would be compatible.

Why is the NPAS frowned upon? Is it tough on the internals or something?

Regarding the Asia version, I know how the U.S. has to be different to comply with ATF but that leads me to believe they probably changed the specs of the magwell as well as the locations of the take down pins.  And possibly the way the outer barrel is attached to the upper receiver.  I don't see why the inner barrel would need to be changed.

It kind of worries me that KWA is pretty reluctant to release information regarding the U.S. version.  I hope that complying to ATF didn't ruin the gun.  I suppose King Arms pulled it off though, so it's possible to still be accurate to the RS.

Edited by Jatodude, 11 April 2012 - 07:48 PM.

#12 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:05 PM

Okay... answering questions in which I see most important...

"I try to post for those whom may not be as educated." Greg, if that's directed towards me, I would suggest to edit it out. It's not necessary. You don't have a clue of where I've been educated. If it's not directed towards me, then please disregard this reply...

"For the record, since the production model has NOT been released to the public, any definitive answers are purely speculation and conjecture. Sorry to be a buzz kill but it's the truth." I understand that the LM4 series hasn't been out yet, and that it could be considered speculation, but it was cleared with Allizard and Mike from KWA that the bolt is in fact steel.

Jatodude, I'm sorry for saying simply, "the bolt is steel." I was in a rush and just answered the question half-fast. Although not recommended by KWA, I don't see any issue with installing an NPAS into the bolt. (Time will tell)

Since the buffer tube is mil-spec, just like the KWA AEG line, I'm sure adding a RS UBR would be fine-- I already bought a RS CTR stock because I'm confident the LM4 has a mil-spec buffer tube.

All I know about the grips are that they are compatible with the Magpul PTS MOE grip... (as seen in the magpul edition) but I'm GUESSING that since it can take an MOE grip, it could take others.

The outer barrel is interchangeable with other LM4 series barrels made by KWA.

The SR7 prototype had ambidextrous firing controls... I don't know if future models will have this, but I can only hope KWA offers ambi fire selectors on the proshop post LM4 release.

#13 Jatodude

Jatodude

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:54 PM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 11 April 2012 - 08:05 PM, said:

"I try to post for those whom may not be as educated." Greg, if that's directed towards me, I would suggest to edit it out. It's not necessary. You don't have a clue of where I've been educated. If it's not directed towards me, then please disregard this reply...

"For the record, since the production model has NOT been released to the public, any definitive answers are purely speculation and conjecture. Sorry to be a buzz kill but it's the truth." I understand that the LM4 series hasn't been out yet, and that it could be considered speculation, but it was cleared with Allizard and Mike from KWA that the bolt is in fact steel.

Jatodude, I'm sorry for saying simply, "the bolt is steel." I was in a rush and just answered the question half-fast. Although not recommended by KWA, I don't see any issue with installing an NPAS into the bolt. (Time will tell)

Since the buffer tube is mil-spec, just like the KWA AEG line, I'm sure adding a RS UBR would be fine-- I already bought a RS CTR stock because I'm confident the LM4 has a mil-spec buffer tube.

All I know about the grips are that they are compatible with the Magpul PTS MOE grip... (as seen in the magpul edition) but I'm GUESSING that since it can take an MOE grip, it could take others.

The SR7 prototype had ambidextrous firing controls... I don't know if future models will have this, but I can only hope KWA offers ambi fire selectors on the proshop post LM4 release.

Thanks for the input. About the stock though, I think there's a misunderstanding since you mentioned the AEG line.  The UBR doesn't slide onto the buffer tube.  The buffer tube is built into the stock and it's entirely different than the CTR.  

http://www.gandrtact...UBR_Foliage.jpg

As seen in that picture, the tube on top is how it has to attach to the gun.  I'm worried that those threads will be proprietary only allowing for stocks like the CTR, MOE, or LMT Sopmod.

I'm not quite sure if that's what you mean by milspec or not, but it seems to me like you're talking about the diameter of the stock buffer tube.

#14 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:22 PM

I never knew that the UBR used its own tube! I thought it attached via the buffer tube like other conventional stocks. So like gcw said, we'll have to wait and see because I don't know if those threads will fit...

#15 Jatodude

Jatodude

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:59 AM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 11 April 2012 - 09:22 PM, said:

I never knew that the UBR used its own tube! I thought it attached via the buffer tube like other conventional stocks. So like gcw said, we'll have to wait and see because I don't know if those threads will fit...

I was hoping we were talking about the same thing, crap lol.  I hope it takes RS tubes like the SR7 prototype.

By any chance would you know if the gas block and tube are compatible with AEG types?

Edited by Jatodude, 12 April 2012 - 04:03 AM.

#16 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,591 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:04 AM

Hey guys, I am sorry for my use of language regarding the features of the LM4 that implied or accused anyone of being uneducated regarding feature of the LM4.  There is a lot of information out there circulating and certainly we all , myself included, what answers regarding the finished product.  That said, anything, within reason, can change regarding the final production model of the LM4.  I simply caution people not to speculate too much as the information may change over time.

#17 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,591 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:09 AM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 11 April 2012 - 08:05 PM, said:

Outlaw, "I try to post for those whom may not be as educated" was not a comment directed at any one individual.  In fact we post here to "educate" people.  I suggest we move on.

#18 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:40 AM

View PostJatodude, on 12 April 2012 - 03:59 AM, said:

I was hoping we were talking about the same thing, crap lol.  I hope it takes RS tubes like the SR7 prototype.

By any chance would you know if the gas block and tube are compatible with AEG types?
Yeah me too... I don't know about the gas block but I was hoping it would... we'll have to wait and see. <_<

#19 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,880 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:29 AM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 12 April 2012 - 06:40 AM, said:

Yeah me too... I don't know about the gas block but I was hoping it would... we'll have to wait and see. <_<

Outlaw

All we are trying to do here is not to let too much speculation float around as being factual.  And believe me that Allizard and Radix would tell us first before they tell you.  Which brings up my other point, that from past experience KWA staff would tell us that a new gun will be a certain way and it changes at the last minute even they were not aware of the last minute changes.  So you tell everyone here anticipating the release of the LM4 that certain parts would be compatible and many have already started buying aftermarket parts for it.  And when/if those parts are NOT compatible, are you willing to buy those parts from them since you are the one that was so sure about these parts?
My point here is that we are always trying to find a balance between confirmed info and hearsay when answering questions about products that have not even been released yet.  And it would be very irresponsible of us to give out info as fact when they have not been confirmed ...ie LM4 in my hands.
This is the reason I don't get involved in these discussions and it seems pointless to me.  And if you knew Greg as well as I do you will never think that he was insulting you.  We try to help as much as we can and all we can say at this point about the upcoming LM4 is that you should exercise a little caution when buying parts for it before you get the gun in your hands.
We can speculate all we want but let exercise a little caution gentlemen.
Now let's move on..................................

#20 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:43 AM

Alright, let's move on. Please close the thread.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: is this compatible?, compatibility, lm4, gbbr

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users