Jump to content


Real KWA M17


  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 RyantheChimp

RyantheChimp

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Minnesota
  • Country:

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

I just got a used KWA M17 and was wondering if it was real. I know these things:

1. Serial number is CSK588US
2. It won't fire unless it's cocked
3. Mag wobbles quite a bit
4. Tool seems needed to adjust hop up

https://sphotos-b.xx...571124363_n.jpg
https://sphotos-a.xx...732016967_n.jpg
https://sphotos-a.xx...313752645_n.jpg

#2 Chuck S

Chuck S

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cleveland, Ohio
  • Country:

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:46 AM

Never seen one but...

1.  Serial number looks like the typical KWA pattern.
2.  Glocks are single action.  Won't fire unless cocked by cycling the slide (either by hand or firing).
3.  ??
5.  All KWA guns I've seen require a tool to adjust the hopup.

HTH,

Chuck

#3 Boss302

Boss302

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Country:

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

The orange paint on the front of the slide looks to be removed, so I think it is a kwa.  I believe only ksc versions have orange plugs on the barrel.

#4 BENboBEN

BENboBEN

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sparta, MI
  • Interests:Working on my guns. Ford. NASCAR. Metallica. Collecting Zippos. Airbrushing guns and anything else that can be.
  • Country:

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:37 AM

Plus, it doesn't have a trigger safety, that's usually the way to tell. I think you've got yourself a real one.

#5 mockingshot

mockingshot

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida
  • Interests:Fixing my screw-ups
  • Country:

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:25 PM

 RyantheChimp, on 02 March 2013 - 08:48 PM, said:

I just got a used KWA M17 and was wondering if it was real. I know these things:

1. Serial number is CSK588US
2. It won't fire unless it's cocked
3. Mag wobbles quite a bit
4. Tool seems needed to adjust hop up

https://sphotos-b.xx...571124363_n.jpg
https://sphotos-a.xx...732016967_n.jpg
https://sphotos-a.xx...313752645_n.jpg

You have a KSC M17, my ksc has the same serial #, congrats. KSC is better than the KWA which means you got a better deal. MY ksc had a painted orange tip. Im holding my M17 and I.Ding it.

#6 Boss302

Boss302

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Country:

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

 mockingshot, on 03 March 2013 - 12:25 PM, said:



You have a KSC M17, my ksc has the same serial #, congrats. KSC is better than the KWA which means you got a better deal. MY ksc had a painted orange tip. Im holding my M17 and I.Ding it.
The kwa and ksc m series are virtually the same with the exception that kwa doesn't have trademarks and trigger safety.

#7 BENboBEN

BENboBEN

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sparta, MI
  • Interests:Working on my guns. Ford. NASCAR. Metallica. Collecting Zippos. Airbrushing guns and anything else that can be.
  • Country:

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

That is not a KSC, it's a KWA, I guarantee it. The KWA is no different than the KSC other than lack of white markings, lack of trigger safety, and and orange paint. Mockingshot, you are misled, the KSC M17 is not better, or even different other than slight cosmetics. And the one he has is a KWA, guaranteed.

Edited by BENboBEN, 03 March 2013 - 12:58 PM.


#8 RyantheChimp

RyantheChimp

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Minnesota
  • Country:

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:01 PM

 BENboBEN, on 03 March 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

That is not a KSC, it's a KWA, I guarantee it. The KWA is no different than the KSC other than lack of white markings, lack of trigger safety, and and orange paint. Mockingshot, you are misled, the KSC M17 is not better, or even different other than slight cosmetics. And the one he has is a KWA, guaranteed.

Thanks!

#9 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,736 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:56 PM

 mockingshot, on 03 March 2013 - 12:25 PM, said:

You have a KSC M17, my ksc has the same serial #, congrats. KSC is better than the KWA which means you got a better deal. MY ksc had a painted orange tip. Im holding my M17 and I.Ding it.
Gotta ask, why is the KSC M17 better than KWA?  They were made in the same factory for goodness sake.

#10 mockingshot

mockingshot

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida
  • Interests:Fixing my screw-ups
  • Country:

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

But KSC isnt KWA. So they are different. You Kwalovers can say whatever you want. Sucks to have proprietary parts and offspec gearboxes. And 50$ lipos. KWA hates compatiblity. WA GBBRs actaully fit RS parts because they arent money black holes. KWA gears are sintered for godsake.

Edited by mockingshot, 03 March 2013 - 06:24 PM.


#11 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,736 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:36 PM

 mockingshot, on 03 March 2013 - 06:16 PM, said:

But KSC isnt KWA. So they are different. You Kwalovers can say whatever you want. Sucks to have proprietary parts and offspec gearboxes. And 50$ lipos. KWA hates compatiblity. WA GBBRs actaully fit RS parts because they arent money black holes. KWA gears are sintered for godsake.
I never said KSC was KWA.  The fact is, the KWA M series pistols are the same as KSC(G)17, (G)19, (G)23, etc. and all OEM'd by KWA.  The major difference between those distributed by KSC and KWA were cosmetic in nature.  Better/worse is at best open to opinion with this series of guns.  

Now, on another note, I didn't mean to hit a nerve.  I was simply trying to understand where your opinion emulated from.  Why? Simply to understand your position.  Before this goes any further I remind the Forum members that there is no need to rant here.

#12 RexRocker AEG Dr

RexRocker AEG Dr

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:3rd Rock FTS
  • Interests:Everything Airsoft, Guitar
  • Country:

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

 mockingshot, on 03 March 2013 - 06:16 PM, said:

But KSC isnt KWA. So they are different. You Kwalovers can say whatever you want. Sucks to have proprietary parts and offspec gearboxes. And 50$ lipos. KWA hates compatiblity. WA GBBRs actaully fit RS parts because they arent money black holes. KWA gears are sintered for godsake.
Gee wiz, I wasn't aware that the KWA M series had an offspec gearbox that required a $50.00 lipo and was a money black hole.....guess I won't buy one of those discontinued models....I do have a question though....what are sintered gears?  I really want to avoid that....sounds painful.

#13 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,736 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

:facepalm:

#14 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SAN JOSE, CA
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!
  • Country:

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:40 AM

Kwa..haha..this is funny..well lower is kwa for sure ..upper looks to be kwa as well.

( o Y o )



#15 Airsoftguy

Airsoftguy

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Los Angeles
  • Interests:FPS limit? What's that?
  • Country:

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:59 PM

Yeah looks to be KWA. I just bought two KWA G18c's off eBay with Blackhawk level 3 Serpa Holsters and they looked exactly like the pictures above but with the orange tips and the selector switch obviously. I should get them Wednesday. I'll post some pictures up and let you guys determine if I struck gold or not.

Fingers crossed!!!

How I determined if they were real KWA's:
No trades
No trigger safety
Orange tip was the correct color (bright orange and dual coated)
Magazine had a hole on the plate for filling gas (Ksc versions don't usually have a pre cut hole)




#16 mockingshot

mockingshot

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida
  • Interests:Fixing my screw-ups
  • Country:

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

 mockingshot, on 03 March 2013 - 06:16 PM, said:

But KSC isnt KWA. So they are different. You Kwalovers can say whatever you want. Sucks to have proprietary parts and offspec gearboxes. And 50$ lipos. KWA hates compatiblity. WA GBBRs actaully fit RS parts because they arent money black holes. KWA gears are sintered for godsake.
So im just going to say im sorry for yesterday. I still dont like the kwa product but GCW's calm repsonse made me feel alot better. I still think KWA can improve on alot of things like proprietary parts and overpriced everything but a company needs to make money somewhere. I was also saddened to know that my KSC M17 was actaully a KWA M17 which sucks big time.

#17 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,736 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

 mockingshot, on 04 March 2013 - 07:04 PM, said:

So im just going to say im sorry for yesterday. I still dont like the kwa product but GCW's calm repsonse made me feel alot better. I still think KWA can improve on alot of things like proprietary parts and overpriced everything but a company needs to make money somewhere. I was also saddened to know that my KSC M17 was actaully a KWA M17 which sucks big time.
Well, thank you for your response, that is why we Mods are here.  Remember this too, if you really want a KSC, you can attempt to by from over seas, it's still made by KWA though.  And lastly, there are always plenty of buyers out there, you may even make a profit if you decide to sell your M17.

#18 mockingshot

mockingshot

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida
  • Interests:Fixing my screw-ups
  • Country:

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:17 PM

 gcw360, on 04 March 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

Well, thank you for your response, that is why we Mods are here.  Remember this too, if you really want a KSC, you can attempt to by from over seas, it's still made by KWA though.  And lastly, there are always plenty of buyers out there, you may even make a profit if you decide to sell your M17.
i bought it pretty cheap and can probaly make 25$ off of it but id rather keep my first GBB.

#19 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,736 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:21 PM

 mockingshot, on 04 March 2013 - 07:17 PM, said:

i bought it pretty cheap and can probaly make 25$ off of it but id rather keep my first GBB.
Here's an idea, buy a nice KSC aftermarket slide.  Hard to find but a nice custom touch with trades.  Search ehobby asia, Tokyo Model Company, Uncompany, WGC Shop.  These are all fine Hong Kong retailers.  The search is half the fun!

#20 cool_J_man15

cool_J_man15

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Country:

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:52 PM

Yeah. I found a full auto sear for my KSC M18c on Tokyo Model Company last night. What sucks is that the shipping is so dang expensive. But, what can i say? I really need this part and i guess paying 50 bucks for shipping is worth getting my favorite gun up and running again! :D

 gcw360, on 04 March 2013 - 07:21 PM, said:

Here's an idea, buy a nice KSC aftermarket slide.  Hard to find but a nice custom touch with trades.  Search ehobby asia, Tokyo Model Company, Uncompany, WGC Shop.  These are all fine Hong Kong retailers.  The search is half the fun!





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users