• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Corn_Dog

Corn_Dog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:45 PM

In one of the magazines for my Mp7 the follower will jam when shooting and not push the bbs up into the gun. I've looked at other posts about this and tried the solutions, but to no avail. I've cleaned the magazine, sanded the follower and the magazine, and I've used silicon oil. This is also a brand new magazine and I'd really like get it working. Please help!

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,509 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:26 AM

View PostCorn_Dog, on 01 February 2014 - 04:45 PM, said:

In one of the magazines for my Mp7 the follower will jam when shooting and not push the bbs up into the gun. I've looked at other posts about this and tried the solutions, but to no avail. I've cleaned the magazine, sanded the follower and the magazine, and I've used silicon oil. This is also a brand new magazine and I'd really like get it working. Please help!
Hi CD, welcome tio the KWA forums. Sorry you are having issues.  Did the mag come with the gun and, if so, can you let us know the serial number of the gun?

#3 Corn_Dog

Corn_Dog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:57 AM

View Postgcw360, on 02 February 2014 - 07:26 AM, said:

Hi CD, welcome tio the KWA forums. Sorry you are having issues.  Did the mag come with the gun and, if so, can you let us know the serial number of the gun?
Well, the mag didn't technically come in the box with the gun, it came as an extra when I purchased the gun. But, the serial number is 12F01353

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,509 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:31 AM

View PostCorn_Dog, on 02 February 2014 - 08:57 AM, said:

Well, the mag didn't technically come in the box with the gun, it came as an extra when I purchased the gun. But, the serial number is 12F01353
Thank you. That serial number indicates that it is distributed by Umarex not KWA.  While KWA is the OEM, Umarex mandates that all service be carried out buy them.  This is a good thing because the last I heard they are giving a one year warranty.  Your best bet is to send it back to Umarex and utilize you 1 yr warranty for repair or replacement.

Hope this helps.

#5 Corn_Dog

Corn_Dog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:03 AM

View Postgcw360, on 02 February 2014 - 09:31 AM, said:

Thank you. That serial number indicates that it is distributed by Umarex not KWA.  While KWA is the OEM, Umarex mandates that all service be carried out buy them.  This is a good thing because the last I heard they are giving a one year warranty.  Your best bet is to send it back to Umarex and utilize you 1 yr warranty for repair or replacement.

Hope this helps.
Unfortunately, the one year warranty would no longer be valid as I've had the gun for over a year :( . Is there anything else you recommend in regards to fixing the magazine myself?

#6 Hibiki

Hibiki

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:33 AM

Hi Corn Dog,

This is a problem I have had with every one of my MP7 magazines when I first got them. The bb well and follower are very dry and dirty when you first get the mag, so you'll need to clean them thoroughly and lubricate them a bit. You can take the butt plate off, remove the spring and follower (being careful not to lose any pieces), and then clean and lubricate the bb well, spring, and follower using silicone oil and some tissue.

I just recently did this on all of my mags, and they work perfectly now.

Edited by Hibiki, 03 February 2014 - 12:46 AM.

#7 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:41 AM

Nothing specific for the MP7A1 but for magazines in general.  NO help to you, but my MP7A1 magazines feed fine.

Avoid lubricating the magazine as this area is open in this design and any lubrication will pick up dust and dirt and can cause stoppages.  Keep it clean and dry.

Sanding is inappropriate unless you're using 1000 grit to polish the channel.

-- Chuck

#8 Hibiki

Hibiki

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:02 AM

I just run a few dry cloths at the end to ensure that the bb well is dry enough not to pick up too much dirt. I feel the follower does need to be lightly lubricated once the well is thoroughly cleaned, though. But then, I take special care to keep my magazines from getting dirty, or collecting dust.

In any case, silicone is good for picking up the grime and cleaning the mag in the first place. Some of my magazines were a lot grimier out of the box than I've ever seen in even the most poorly kept guns. There were black and brown streaks all over the bbs that I loaded when I first got the mags, and it took a good number of swabs to get them coming out clean.

Edit: It occurred to me that the OP may be having some other kind of issue, as he mentioned already trying to clean and lubricate the magazine.

To the OP: did you by chance leave the magazine stored with the spring compressed at any point? Besides a dirty magazine, the only thing I can think of is that the spring might have been weakened from being compressed for too long.

Edited by Hibiki, 03 February 2014 - 10:25 AM.

#9 Corn_Dog

Corn_Dog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:56 AM

View PostHibiki, on 03 February 2014 - 07:02 AM, said:

Edit: It occurred to me that the OP may be having some other kind of issue, as he mentioned already trying to clean and lubricate the magazine.

To the OP: did you by chance leave the magazine stored with the spring compressed at any point? Besides a dirty magazine, the only thing I can think of is that the spring might have been weakened from being compressed for too long.
The magazine was straight out of the package so it was uncompressed. I guess I'll just keep trying to clean it. Thank you for the suggestions!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users