63 replies to this topic

#21 thatguyx

thatguyx

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:29 AM

Got the shipping confirmation email today @543AM EST.

#22 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

View Postthatguyx, on 29 March 2013 - 06:29 AM, said:

Got the shipping confirmation email today @543AM EST.

When did you place your order?

#23 thatguyx

thatguyx

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

View Postakiraspeedstar, on 29 March 2013 - 04:04 PM, said:

When did you place your order?

3-20-13. You still havent heard back yet? Maybe they're just behind on emailing you? Nothing on the user panel>my orders?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

#24 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

Nope, two emails and zero responses from them and the order status still says unshipped. I just sent another email today and if they don't respond by Monday I'll be filing a Paypal claim.

This is the third order from them that Ive done, the first took them 13 days to ship my order and even after it shipped they didn't have tracking info for me until it almost arrived. My second order took them 7 days to ship and they shipped it only after my email on the 7th day.

Definitely not going to place any orders with them again, sucks that they were the only site that had it "in stock".

#25 ky2970

ky2970

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

Alright so I got my fill valve orings and I have no idea how the guy in the video put them onto the piston retention piece. I've already ruined 3/4... anyone have any ideas?

#26 6mmgunfighter

6mmgunfighter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:15 PM

Received my kits this morning. The fill valve o-ring was a dead end. I ended up using a no. A005 Harbor Freight nitrile o-ring on the bolt return spring instead. It’s the same o-ring used to replace the retention c clip on the other side. I also replaced the piston o-ring with the Harbor Freight Green no. PO014.  My LM4 has a full length RAT TBB and I didn’t adjust NPAS when I took it out of its packaging. For reference, the highest fps using the stock bolt & RAT TBB was 428 fps with .20g bb’s.

LM4 with RAT TBB, EVO II Hop Up rubber and tensioner and KSC NPAS using .20g bb’s.

1.  530 fps @ 2.61J
2.  529 fps @ 2.62J
3.  512 fps @ 2.43J
4.  521 fps @ 2.52J
5.  521 fps @ 2.52J
6.  513 fps @ 2.44J
7.  507 fps @ 2.39J
8.  503 fps @ 2.35J
9.  494 fps @ 2.26J
10.495 fps @ 2.27J

It’s a gas hog and there will be some fine tuning over the weekend.

#27 thatguyx

thatguyx

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

I tried the KWA fill valve o-rings and ripped 4 out of 4 trying to get them on.  I also tried some mcmaster-carr fill valve o-rings with the same results.  Then I rummaged through my parts tool box and found a hurricane hi-flow valve for the m17/18c/19 etc.  The bottom o-ring (on the part of the valve that moves) works very well.  I'd say about 90% compression; 100% being unable to move the nozzle at all.  I didn't have an spare regular valves to try an o-ring off of, but this looks like this will work for now.  I'm not sure, but I think another option may be moon dog o-rings as they are a bit thicker and me be strong enough to get on without ripping.

Unfortunately, even though with a compression test by hand everything seems to be working.  I still get inconsistencies in FPS +/- 20.  I'll try again tomorrow, I'm tired of messing with this NPAS right now and put my modded CQB legal piston back in.  It may not be enough compression, maybe my mags, maybe i'm just too damn tired.

#28 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

Lucky bastards, I filed my Paypal claim today.

#29 Rockhound117

Rockhound117

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Interests:Music, video games, and airsoft!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:00 PM

I ordered 3/9, still no shipment, and they said they'd try to ship it by last week. Only reason I haven't filed a claim too is because they responded to my email. I ordered the NPAS too so that might be what's holding it up. The said the didn't have the return spring for it, whatever that means...

Edited by Rockhound117, 01 April 2013 - 07:06 PM.

#30 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

View PostRockhound117, on 01 April 2013 - 07:00 PM, said:

I ordered 3/9, still no shipment, and they said they'd try to ship it by last week. Only reason I haven't filed a claim too is because they responded to my email. I ordered the NPAS too so that might be what's holding it up. The said the didn't have the return spring for it, whatever that means...

Yeah the last two guys who had their orders shipped out were ordered on 3/19 and 3/20, and the 3/19 order already arrived. We got screwed haha.

UPDATE: Turns out they responded to my message on their site late Friday. They mentioned it came back in stock on Thursday and that they'd send it out on Monday.....it's already 12:18PM where they are....on Tuesday....

Edited by akiraspeedstar, 01 April 2013 - 08:19 PM.

#31 ky2970

ky2970

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:54 PM

View Post6mmgunfighter, on 01 April 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

Received my kits this morning. The fill valve o-ring was a dead end. I ended up using a no. A005 Harbor Freight nitrile o-ring on the bolt return spring instead. It’s the same o-ring used to replace the retention c clip on the other side. I also replaced the piston o-ring with the Harbor Freight Green no. PO014.  My LM4 has a full length RAT TBB and I didn’t adjust NPAS when I took it out of its packaging. For reference, the highest fps using the stock bolt & RAT TBB was 428 fps with .20g bb’s.

LM4 with RAT TBB, EVO II Hop Up rubber and tensioner and KSC NPAS using .20g bb’s.

1.  530 fps @ 2.61J
2.  529 fps @ 2.62J
3.  512 fps @ 2.43J
4.  521 fps @ 2.52J
5.  521 fps @ 2.52J
6.  513 fps @ 2.44J
7.  507 fps @ 2.39J
8.  503 fps @ 2.35J
9.  494 fps @ 2.26J
10.495 fps @ 2.27J

It’s a gas hog and there will be some fine tuning over the weekend.

Is this the kit the orings came in for the bolt return spring?
http://www.harborfre...-kit-67525.html

And thanks for the test results!

View Postthatguyx, on 01 April 2013 - 06:16 PM, said:

I tried the KWA fill valve o-rings and ripped 4 out of 4 trying to get them on.  I also tried some mcmaster-carr fill valve o-rings with the same results.  Then I rummaged through my parts tool box and found a hurricane hi-flow valve for the m17/18c/19 etc.  The bottom o-ring (on the part of the valve that moves) works very well.  I'd say about 90% compression; 100% being unable to move the nozzle at all.  I didn't have an spare regular valves to try an o-ring off of, but this looks like this will work for now.  I'm not sure, but I think another option may be moon dog o-rings as they are a bit thicker and me be strong enough to get on without ripping.

Unfortunately, even though with a compression test by hand everything seems to be working.  I still get inconsistencies in FPS +/- 20.  I'll try again tomorrow, I'm tired of messing with this NPAS right now and put my modded CQB legal piston back in.  It may not be enough compression, maybe my mags, maybe i'm just too damn tired.

Same here; they seemed way too small to fit on.

#32 apilar

apilar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:50 AM

For those who are looking, i noticed that WGCshop has the npas in stock now.

They recently did a stock update probably because 3 things i ordered and paid for (in stock) turned out to be out of stock.
Needless to say i was unimpressed. This was around march 18. Today is the tuesday after easter monday,  so i hope they ship me what they DID have in stock really soon.

#33 ky2970

ky2970

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:16 PM

View Post6mmgunfighter, on 01 April 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

Isn't that oring the same size as the original KSC one? And are you sure it's getting a full seal? I'm really anxious to find out which orings will work for this for sure. I've had my NPAS for awhile now and still can't use it because of that one tiny oring...

#34 6mmgunfighter

6mmgunfighter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:36 AM

It's working. It was a tight fit and you need to apply a little pressure to the nozzle to try and push the return spring plug through the hole in the BCG. I applied a little silicon oil on the o-ring to help. With any of these DIY mods it's trial and error. Like I mentioned earlier, I won't have anytime to fine tune this thing until the weekend.

Harbor Freight Nitrile O-Ring Kit. The p/n o-ring in the kit I used on both sides was A005.

#35 Bretty_Light

Bretty_Light

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:37 AM

For anyone looking to buy a NPAS, TigerTacticalAirsoft has them.  I placed my order last week and received it on weds of this week.  They are located in the states as well.  

http://tigertactical...85r7rp0r7t36ub6

#36 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:27 AM

Nice, cause I ordered my unit 25 days ago and it won't arrive until probably day 28 or 29 after I ordered it.

I hate AST, even after I filed a Paypal claim which they responded to immediately (and never apologized) on Monday saying they'd send it out that day, they didnt send it out until later in the day on Wednesday.

#37 Bretty_Light

Bretty_Light

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:10 AM

David at TigerTactical is great and he answered every e-mail I sent within a few hours.  I highly recommend you get in touch to see if he has any in stock.

#38 thatguyx

thatguyx

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:29 AM

Anyone else who has installed the NPAS having trouble with fps consistency? I've added the o Rings to have good compression. The compression on my npas bolt is the same as my modified stock bolt which is fairly consistent +/- 5fps over 10 shots. But my npas bolt varies a lot. I tuned it to be 350fps with 0.20g but the first shot is 350 then, 320, 310, 330, 345, 310, 360... Pretty much all over the place.

Any ideas? I very heard the npas isn't too great at low fps because the valve is near closed, maybe a spring swap? Maybe a bum npas? I got it from AST, but it was missing parts. Ie the c clip, and the plugs for the sides of the nozzle. I've reused the stock c clip and plugged the holes with plastic and super glued over them to seal it and sanded it down so the nozzle doesn't catch anywhere

#39 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:34 PM

My NPAS comes in tomorrow (only 26 days after ordering...) Ill see if theres a FPS issue eith my unit and see if theres any fixes I can find.

#40 thatguyx

thatguyx

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:20 AM

Looking forward to hear your results akira.

Has anyone else who has the npas installed and working have any good consistent results?

Mine has been a nightmare to work with. Been working on this forover a week. First AST shipped mine missing pieces. it was missing the two side plugs (remedied by plugging the holes and sealing with super glue/sanding), the o-ring for the crown nut, and no extra c-clip. I didn't bother to contact them because I was "lucky" enough just to get the damn thing.

After getting it installed and what seemed to be working properly, the crown nut would back out and drop FPS by 50 probably because of no o-ring.  As a makeshift fix, i tried teflon tape on the threads to no avail. And on top of that the flute valve would get stuck on an angle whenever I adjusted for for cqb limits and raise the fps too high. The point you had to turn would be off on an angle and impossible to seat the allen key on. I would have to disassemble the nozzle to fix it; only to have it happen 5 shots in again. Finally, partially my own fault, with the BCG removed and adjusting the fps, the Allen key would get stuck and I had to muscle it out. In my frustration and rage, I didn't realize the nozzle locking piece fell out... And when I tried to pull the Allen key out, the nozzle came too and stretched the return spring too much. Luckily the nozzle still returns back in the BCG, but out of that, the piston return plug dangles a bit.

When the nozzle was backed all the way out or the flute valve got stuck, the fps was very consistent and mechanically worked well. Id have 3 "settings": too low, borderline too high for outdoor, and wtf too high. I still have hopes for the npas itself, just ordered some replacement parts from tactical tiger that I hope solve the problem. Buy as far as AST, I'm gonna have to be desperate for parts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users