Jump to content


Tuning of the gearbox


  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Wardog

Wardog

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Location:Germany
  • Interests:I'm a softair member from the "TSAT-BW" - Team and we playing often in Veckring / France OPs and Big Games with other teams.

Posted 17 May 2008 - 02:59 PM

I would like put in in the gearbox a stronger spring (f. e. Systema tuning spring M140) and a Bore Up Cylinder, Bore Up Cylinder Head mit double O-Ring, Bore Up Piston Head and a Bore Up Nozzle.  The spring work certainly well presupposed the gear teeth are hard enough but the bore up kit of Classic Army is more important to me !
Are these parts compatible to the KWA M4A1 - V2 gearbox ?

Edited by Wardog, 17 May 2008 - 03:25 PM.


#2 vic_man4

vic_man4

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Location:Niagara, Ontario, Canada
  • Interests:Airsoft, XBox 360 (GamerTag = CovertMaz), Cars, and HEAVY METAL \m/

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:59 PM

View PostWardog, on May 17 2008, 02:59 PM, said:

I would like put in in the gearbox a stronger spring (f. e. Systema tuning spring M140) and a Bore Up Cylinder, Bore Up Cylinder Head mit double O-Ring, Bore Up Piston Head and a Bore Up Nozzle.  The spring work certainly well presupposed the gear teeth are hard enough but the bore up kit of Classic Army is more important to me !
Are these parts compatible to the KWA M4A1 - V2 gearbox ?

If this is of any help. The Sector gear is apperently thicker to cope with the LiPo battery. That might rase questions weither you should upgrade.

#3 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2008 - 04:22 PM

PoweredgeUSA used to sell a upgrade kit with consist mostly Systema bore up parts.   You should be able to put a standard bore up kit in the M4 without any issue.  You are basically only changing the cylinder, cylinder head, piston head and nozzle.  As long as you keep the same gears and piston.  It should be fine.  

FYI, I know KWA Gearbox are ready to handle M150 spring.

#4 Wardog

Wardog

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Location:Germany
  • Interests:I'm a softair member from the "TSAT-BW" - Team and we playing often in Veckring / France OPs and Big Games with other teams.

Posted 07 June 2008 - 06:30 AM

Thanks for your answers.

#5 rdlu62

rdlu62

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Location:Northridge, California

Posted 09 June 2008 - 07:01 AM

View Postallizard, on Jun 5 2008, 05:22 PM, said:

PoweredgeUSA used to sell a upgrade kit with consist mostly Systema bore up parts.   You should be able to put a standard bore up kit in the M4 without any issue.  You are basically only changing the cylinder, cylinder head, piston head and nozzle.  As long as you keep the same gears and piston.  It should be fine.  

FYI, I know KWA Gearbox are ready to handle M150 spring.

allizard, what is the stock spring that comes with the KM4S Tactical and the KM4A1? has KWA confirmed that that they can handle the M150 spring?

thanks!

#6 vic_man4

vic_man4

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Location:Niagara, Ontario, Canada
  • Interests:Airsoft, XBox 360 (GamerTag = CovertMaz), Cars, and HEAVY METAL \m/

Posted 09 June 2008 - 11:31 AM

View Postrdlu62, on Jun 9 2008, 08:01 AM, said:

allizard, what is the stock spring that comes with the KM4S Tactical and the KM4A1? has KWA confirmed that that they can handle the M150 spring?

thanks!

I know the spring that they come with is a M120, but I dont know if they can handle a  M150, sounds a bit toooooooo good to be true...

#7 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:41 PM

All KWA M4's that's sold to the retail channel comes with M120 spring.  Their LE version comes with M150 spring.  However, bare in mind their don't use Full Auto as much as we skimisher do.  KWA is continously monitoring the structure of their piston.  They have already reinforced the piston once (confirmed) (maybe twice) since the release of their 1st M4.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users