6 replies to this topic

#1 csczero

csczero

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 02:17 PM

Alright. Well I recently bought this hop up sensor that is attached to the hop up(obviously) but it requires you to drill some hole. Normally i send in the hop up for the modifications, but there unable to do it and i decided to do it myself. Im pretty confident about doing it but i just need some expert drillers advice. It requires me to drill holes that will fit a 3mm light diode into the hop up. So ill be using a 3mm drill bit. The requirements are, the diodes end(where the lens are) must touch each other at one point, and the top of the diode must be 1-2mm away. On the picture below you can see the diode, it has a red dot and a blue dot, the red dot is where the diodes would touch, and blue dot would be 1-2mm away from the second diode. The diodes would form a V, where the vertex of the V would be where the diodes touch. Also the angle of the vertex would be best at 60 degrees. I was wondering how would i achieve this.. If i mess up i would possibly need to replace the hop up which means 25$ in the toilet. These diodes are BB detectors so they sit right near the mag feeding tube. If anyone can offer good advice that can help me achieve this perfect, that would be GREAT. The angle is the most crucial part of the installation. I've drilled holes before, but never this precise with angles and such, so if i need like special tools and do some like calculating...then just tell me because im trying to achieve perfection.

Posted Image

Edited by csczero, 14 May 2009 - 02:17 PM.

#2 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2009 - 03:35 PM

Wait a sec.... what is it for exactly?  Detect the mag is empty and cut off the power to the gun?!

#3 csczero

csczero

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 04:11 PM

Its a tracer unit

Why do you sound so shocked? Do you think something like that exist and would work  :blink:

Well i thought about it. One hole would be drilled 90 degrees straight down, then I use a 30-60-90 triangle, and drill the second hole at the 60 degrees.

Edited by csczero, 14 May 2009 - 06:26 PM.

#4 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2009 - 09:12 AM

I'm not shock.  Just curious.  

And it's very little room to stuff the sensor in the hop-up.  Do you have some type of drawing?!

#5 karMeister

karMeister

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Interests:EAR=((1+APR/n)^n)-1

Posted 15 May 2009 - 01:11 PM

if you want 3mm hole dont use a 3mm drill bit. use a 2.5mm then work from there.

#6 csczero

csczero

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 03:20 PM

Well it would go where the hop up meets up with the feeding tube. Im pretty sure there would be enough room. And i realize i wrote 60 degrees, its 30 degrees mybad. And no i don't have a drawing, not an artist i rather not try :(

And why start at 2.5mm?

#7 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:10 PM

View Postcsczero, on May 15 2009, 04:20 PM, said:

And why start at 2.5mm?

2.5 is a safety margin.  Start small and work your way up. Make sure you do it slowly and test fit before you enlarge the hole. Good luck! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users