• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Switch556

Switch556

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:27 PM

Hey all, I ordered and received a new lower for my LM4 (cracked a trigger guard ear), I replaced all the internals (trigger group, impact block, etc) but I can't for the life of me get the front body pin off. I've tried to compress the small spring through the hole, but it's not working, any tips? Thanks!

#2 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:13 PM

A pick..like a good dental pick. Slip it in the groove of the body pin while having the pin pushed out. Push the pick in the groove and push the detent pin in while pulling out on the body pin. Be careful not to loose the detent pin as it'll go flying once the body pin is yanked out

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk 2

#3 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:05 AM

The detent WILL spring out forcefully once you get the receiver pin pulled.  I've resorted to pulling this pin inside a plastic bag to find the detent again.  :)

A wood dowel with a hole drilled in it will aid reinsertion.  There's a fabricated tool (Figure E3) noted in the M16/M4 "-23&P" manual you can download (this is a clickie).  This is made of steel but a wood dowel works fine for a few uses.  Just mark it so you know which way the hole in orientated.  There's a also a little pick to remove the detent as well.

-- Chuck

#4 Switch556

Switch556

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:47 PM

Thanks guys, I was trying what was suggested with one of my picks, but I guess I'll just keep at it or get a better set of picks.

#5 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:54 AM

View PostSwitch556, on 08 July 2013 - 10:47 PM, said:

Thanks guys, I was trying what was suggested with one of my picks, but I guess I'll just keep at it or get a better set of picks.
Its gotta be a small skinny prick..I mean pick.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: receiver, lower, body pin, take down

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users