#1 karMeister

karMeister

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Interests:EAR=((1+APR/n)^n)-1

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:17 PM

So far the best piston body for m150+ is the Deepfire Titanium Piston.

But recently new Deefire Pistons have been failing.  We came up with mods to add rings on the back of the piston body to keep the teeth up.

If KWA was to make a high performance Piston body, I think it would be nice if they improved Deepfires design and add a ring on the back to keep the  1st tooth up.

http://www.airsoftme...view/20/29/1/3/

#2 islandgyros

islandgyros

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Restaurants, energy healing/channeling, peace, spirituality.

Posted 05 July 2009 - 08:17 PM

View PostkarMeister, on Mar 17 2009, 09:17 PM, said:

So far the best piston body for m150+ is the Deepfire Titanium Piston.

But recently new Deefire Pistons have been failing.  We came up with mods to add rings on the back of the piston body to keep the teeth up.

If KWA was to make a high performance Piston body, I think it would be nice if they improved Deepfires design and add a ring on the back to keep the  1st tooth up.

http://www.airsoftme...view/20/29/1/3/

I second that! if deepfire becomes unreliable then we have no one to turn to but the pros at KWA lol! id love to be able to just rely on KWA for any performance part, word does spread fast amongst airsofters regarding good parts, might be solid market eh?

#3 Dark Energy

Dark Energy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:09 AM

Deepfire? I've heard that the best pistons on the market are Supercore pistons.

Then again, I haven't really been keeping up with all the technical stuff lately.

#4 Jawz

Jawz

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 11:00 PM

The following would be a suggestion for KWA engineers ;):

I am currently trying out the newly released JG full metal teeth piston:

Posted Image

The ball-bearing components are amazingly well built and look similar to the Guarder counterparts:
Posted Image

The Element ball-bearing components of the aluminum piston head look puny in comparison to the above.

Teeth are very tough to grind down *indicating* (it's *not* a proof!) that it's a good quality metal:
Posted Image

So, how about KWA?

Jawz

Edited by Jawz, 15 July 2009 - 01:18 AM.

#5 karMeister

karMeister

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 03:14 PM

With springs like m150 above and metal toothed pistons (half) the problem lies on the 1st tooth and the support that the back part of the piston is giving it.
The 1st tooth usually ends up being pushed in by the gears because of the heavy load. The metal ring reinforcements did work.

For springs 130 below I would prefer polycarb teeth than metal/titanium.

@Jawz : That Jinggong piston body is a copy of the Systema Piston body. Im really skeptical about lowend AEG parts :rolleyes:

#6 Jawz

Jawz

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 05:15 PM

View PostkarMeister, on 06 August 2009 - 03:14 PM, said:

@Jawz : That Jinggong piston body is a copy of the Systema Piston body. Im really skeptical about lowend AEG parts :rolleyes:

I hear you.  But from experience, JG is always good for a surprise.  So the only thing one can really do is to thoroughly *test* it without bias ;).  As you know, even big brand names are not immune to failure.

Jawz

#7 karMeister

karMeister

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:16 PM

View PostJawz, on 06 August 2009 - 05:15 PM, said:

I hear you.  But from experience, JG is always good for a surprise.  So the only thing one can really do is to thoroughly *test* it without bias ;) .  As you know, even big brand names are not immune to failure.

Jawz

Yeah you are right. There are even new brand names that come out and to thoroughly test the will be a chance you will have to take who knows right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users