• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Polskapolska

Polskapolska

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:13 PM

Well problem is, the nearest cqb place around here allows 300 fps max with .25 bbs, and i want the mp9. I know i will have to buy the bolt degrade part or the flute valve... Witch one is more worth it and gets the job done better? And most importantly witch one will make it shoot 300 fps or lower with .25's?

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,595 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:30 PM

That depends on where the gun starts with regard to FPS.  In my case the LPB got me down to 330 with .2's from 390ish stock.  The Flute valve was closer to 338FPS.  Keep in mind that not all .25's will perform the same in GBB guns.  In fact a smaller diameter .25 bb will typically shoot lower than a larger diameter .25 due to gas dynamics.  This is not as true for  AEG's.

#3 Polskapolska

Polskapolska

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:28 AM

So this means if i got the low power bolt i would need to use smaller bbs? I dont really get what your trying to say...

#4 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:04 AM

He's trying to say (correct me if I'm wrong) that the LPB set his FPS lower than the Flute Valve, and he was using .2s to test the fps. So, with .25s (in your case) it would probably get you under 300 but you have to keep in mind that like he said, all bbs are different with different diameters meaning your fps may vary on brand you use. The more towards a 6.00 mm bb you buy, the tighter it's going to fit down the barrel and due to gas mechanics, the bb will have a hotter fps the tighter it is in the barrel since the gas gets to build up behind the bb.

Edited by Outlaw1995, 13 April 2012 - 08:04 AM.

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,595 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:53 PM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 13 April 2012 - 08:04 AM, said:

He's trying to say (correct me if I'm wrong) that the LPB set his FPS lower than the Flute Valve, and he was using .2s to test the fps. So, with .25s (in your case) it would probably get you under 300 but you have to keep in mind that like he said, all bbs are different with different diameters meaning your fps may vary on brand you use. The more towards a 6.00 mm bb you buy, the tighter it's going to fit down the barrel and due to gas mechanics, the bb will have a hotter fps the tighter it is in the barrel since the gas gets to build up behind the bb.
I couldn't have said it better!  Thank you for the assist Outlaw.

#6 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:11 PM

View Postgcw360, on 13 April 2012 - 07:53 PM, said:

I couldn't have said it better!  Thank you for the assist Outlaw.
No problem dude. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users