5 replies to this topic

#1 Murph9935

Murph9935

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, pocketknives, synthesizers

Posted 15 August 2009 - 09:53 PM

I recently bought a full-ABS KWA M9 secondhand, and it's having issues. To my knowledge, it is totally stock, except for a new minor spring set and a railed frame.

First of all, the slide catch. The slide does not lock when the magazine is empty, even after installing this spring set. Also, I am able to unlock the slide after manually locking it by simply by flicking my wrist. It's a rather old pistol, so I think I need a new slide, but I could be wrong.

Posted Image
The part of the slide where the catch locks onto; it looks rather worn.

Second, the decocker. For the hammer to actually raise, I need to flip the safety switch and then apply pressure to the top of the slide. Again, I installed this spring set, which made it work as described above instead of not at all. I think this could also be solved with a new slide, but I'm not sure.

Third, the right side safety lever is missing. Not really that big of an issue, but it's a bit of an eyesore. Are spares available?

#2 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 11:46 AM

We do have a slide, but the other parts are tentative since this model has been phased out for a long time now.

You need to contact customer support, check the link below.
http://www.kwausa.com/cs_contact.html

#3 Murph9935

Murph9935

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 01:52 PM

View PostSpiggy, on 19 August 2009 - 11:46 AM, said:

We do have a slide, but the other parts are tentative since this model has been phased out for a long time now.

You need to contact customer support, check the link below.
http://www.kwausa.com/cs_contact.html

So a new slide will fix the first two problems I'm having?

#4 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:23 AM

a new slide will fix your slide catch issue, you'll need to replace a few other parts to fix your decocker issue.  Which parts can only be determined by tearing the thing apart and looking around

#5 Murph9935

Murph9935

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:07 PM

View PostSpiggy, on 24 August 2009 - 09:23 AM, said:

a new slide will fix your slide catch issue, you'll need to replace a few other parts to fix your decocker issue.  Which parts can only be determined by tearing the thing apart and looking around

Alright then. I'll send it in as soon as I get some money.

Edited by Murph9935, 07 October 2009 - 11:11 PM.

#6 Murph9935

Murph9935

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 08:37 PM

(If the "no discussion of other companies' products" rule applies to slides and other minor parts, please do what you need to do.)

So, I started poking around eHobby for no reason, and I came across this slide and barrel. I figured that if I'm going to replace the slide, I might as well get a really nice one and not worry about it ever again. Will it work with my model?

I also found these high-flow valves. Will these work too? (I'm pretty sure they will, but I figured I might as well ask so I don't waste my money.)

Edited by Murph9935, 14 October 2009 - 08:37 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users