#1 Everything_airsoft

Everything_airsoft

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, camping, learning new skills. Im a wanna be airsoft tech

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:26 PM

Yesterday I got my kwa km16 2gx and I love it. My only concern is that I am using a small type battery when the gun is made for a large. I have a friend with a kwa m4 and his performance seems better because he is using the right battery. Will this affect the performance? I'm using a small type 2300 mah battery and if needed will buy a large type 9.6 4000 mah battery. What do you think?

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,301 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:35 PM

View PostEverything_airsoft, on 14 June 2013 - 08:26 PM, said:

Yesterday I got my kwa km16 2gx and I love it. My only concern is that I am using a small type battery when the gun is made for a large. I have a friend with a kwa m4 and his performance seems better because he is using the right battery. Will this affect the performance? I'm using a small type 2300 mah battery and if needed will buy a large type 9.6 4000 mah battery. What do you think?
Hi E/A - Welcome to the KWA Forums.  Personally, I think you should buy an 11.1V LiPo with a 15C dump at 1400mAh.  It's within spec and will absolutely outperform you friend's gun with regard to ROF.

See here: http://www.hobbyking...RSOFT_Pack.html

At just over $10.00 it's hard to beat.

#3 Everything_airsoft

Everything_airsoft

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:36 AM

Ok thanks. But will the battery increase the performance range and accuracy wise? My friend has an m4 and has better groupings and range then me. I'm using .25s like kwa says and he uses .23s. I hope the problem is from lack of battery power. What do you think? thanks...

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,301 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:11 PM

View PostEverything_airsoft, on 15 June 2013 - 09:36 AM, said:

Ok thanks. But will the battery increase the performance range and accuracy wise? My friend has an m4 and has better groupings and range then me. I'm using .25s like kwa says and he uses .23s. I hope the problem is from lack of battery power. What do you think? thanks...
The battery will not impact he performance other than trigger response and ROF.  Try .3 KWA BBs and see what happens.  You may be surprised.

#5 Everything_airsoft

Everything_airsoft

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:18 PM

Ok thanks!

#6 Magnum231

Magnum231

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:14 PM

I actually noticed the same results in mine. I have two KWA M4's and then the M16. I chronographed each and found that the M16 shot a little more than 20 rps. The M4's shot at about 25 rps. Both were using the same make 9.6 NICD (I think that's it) 1800 Mah batteries. I'm not sure what it is with the M16 series but it just seems to shoot slower. I agree with the 11.1 Lipo suggestion that would definitely improve performance in respect to ROF and trigger response, the .3 gram bb's will improve accuracy and allow you to punch threw light brush as well. Just keep in mind that an 11.1 lipo will cause increased wear and tear on the gun as it would on any AEG, and lipos are more difficult to take care of if you don't have experience with them.

#7 Everything_airsoft

Everything_airsoft

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:42 AM

Ok but what do I need to properly run a lipo? I never have and I cant sit and watch the battery. Are there specific needs and could I get a smart charger for lipos?

#8 Magnum231

Magnum231

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:02 PM

Let's see… you'll probably want a charger/balancer most of those have an overcharge monitor of some sort. There are also protective pouches to put the battery in while charging. That's what I could think of off the top of my head, anyone please feel free to add things I may have forgotten

#9 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,301 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:03 PM

A great charger is the Thunder AC6: http://www.hobbypart...CFdKd4AodfSgAkw

It's the one I use as do a number of KWA guys.

Hope this helps.

#10 Everything_airsoft

Everything_airsoft

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:02 PM

Ok thanks! That will help with the rof and I used some high grade .28s I had lying around and adjusted the hop up. It's performance is great! But like gcw advised I'm going to buy some kwa brand .30s and possibly make it into a dmr. How much fps do you think I'll have after using .30s and no internal upgrades?

#11 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,301 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:50 AM

View PostEverything_airsoft, on 16 June 2013 - 07:02 PM, said:

Ok thanks! That will help with the rof and I used some high grade .28s I had lying around and adjusted the hop up. It's performance is great! But like gcw advised I'm going to buy some kwa brand .30s and possibly make it into a dmr. How much fps do you think I'll have after using .30s and no internal upgrades?
Assuming you started at 400 and the hop-up is off, you will be somewhere in the vicinity of 335 FPS.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users