7 replies to this topic

#1 lpesce

lpesce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 01:32 PM

While testing the 1911A1, I was also shooting some of my other guns, and during the session with the KP45 I started noticing a problem with the magazine.

After a successful shoot, I released the magazine and put the gun on the table. I also released the slider.

I loaded the magazine, put some gas, and tried to put the mag back in. It got all the way but the last couple of millimeters.

Something was blocking the mag.

I pulled the slider back, and the mag locked.

I went through the load, and reloaded the mag. I left the slider locked, so the mag went back OK. during the next shoot, I was in the middle of the shoot, and forgot how many BBs I had, so I released the mag and checked it. I had a few left, so I attempted to load the mag, and again, the mag was blocked by something.

I stripped the gun, to chek if something broke, or something fell into it that was doing the blocking, but saw nothing. I put it back together, but the mag would not go all the way.

I stripped the gun again, removed the string, guide and barrel, and put the slider back on the frame, and tried to put the mag in. No. Still was blocked. If I move the slider back a few millimeters, then the mag will go all the way in and lock; after that, if I take the mag out, and put it back it, it will go, but if I cock the slider, then the blocking is back.

Looking at the inside of the  slider, I do not see anything unusual, from previous strip downs. So I am stumped.

Now I have two guns that are down. And that makes me very unhappy.

Hope there is an answer here. But I wil also go to the store later today, yet again, and see if they can figure it out.

Thx
Leo

#2 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:15 PM

Does the mag lock and slide open when it is empty?  The problem could be the magazine follower (part# 904) catching.

#3 lpesce

lpesce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:26 PM

View PostRadix, on Aug 1 2008, 03:15 PM, said:

Does the mag lock and slide open when it is empty?  The problem could be the magazine follower (part# 904) catching.

Once I can make the mag go in and lock (by sliding the slide back a few mm), then all is working properly, including the slide being blocked once the mag is empty.

BTW, the problem occurs regardless of having BBs in the mag or not.

Leo

#4 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:40 PM

Two things to check.  1. The piston (Part#132) may not be retracting.  Add some lube to it and make sure it is not seized up.  2. Check to make sure the mag lip(Part#945) is not bent and touching the piston.

#5 lpesce

lpesce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:04 PM

View PostRadix, on Aug 1 2008, 03:40 PM, said:

Two things to check.  1. The piston (Part#132) may not be retracting.  Add some lube to it and make sure it is not seized up.  2. Check to make sure the mag lip(Part#945) is not bent and touching the piston.
Thank you. You put me in the right direction.

It looks like that part 22 does not go back to a position to clear the lip 945.

Part 22 slides over assembly 126. During cocking, it moves forward, and when the slide goes forward, it should move back, staying aligned with the magazine gas opening. When cocked empty (ie. no mag present), it looks like it is not going to the proper position and it now impedes the mag to fully load.

In the diagram, I do not see a spring, so what causes this to be miss-aligned now, when it was not before.

I forgot to say this is happening with both mags.

Leo

#6 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:27 PM

There are return springs inside the pistons but they are not user serviceable.  That is the reason the parts are not illustrated in the parts diagram.

The miss-alignment of the inner and outer pistons is most frequently caused by the impact from the magazine lip while the inner piston is not fully retracted due to lack of lubrication.  Green Gas dries them out pretty quickly.

Please contact our customer service if your gun is still under the 45 days warranty and we will service it for you.

#7 lpesce

lpesce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 11:18 AM

View PostRadix, on Aug 1 2008, 04:27 PM, said:

There are return springs inside the pistons but they are not user serviceable.  That is the reason the parts are not illustrated in the parts diagram.

The miss-alignment of the inner and outer pistons is most frequently caused by the impact from the magazine lip while the inner piston is not fully retracted due to lack of lubrication.  Green Gas dries them out pretty quickly.

Please contact our customer service if your gun is still under the 45 days warranty and we will service it for you.

Thank you. As per the comment in the 1911 forum, I will check with the store first if they want to handle it. If not, I will then do as you said.

Thank you.
Leo

#8 lpesce

lpesce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 02:10 PM

View Postlpesce, on Aug 2 2008, 12:18 PM, said:

Thank you. As per the comment in the 1911 forum, I will check with the store first if they want to handle it. If not, I will then do as you said.

Thank you.
Leo

I brought the KP45 to the AEX store, and after looking it over, they concluded it will need to go to KWA. So I will call customer support for how to send it.

Leo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users