16 replies to this topic

#1 DocMayhem

DocMayhem

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:16 PM

Is it possible to buy the parts to update my version 1 to a version 2?  Or can I send it in to have it done and what would the charge be for that service?  I would rather do it myself, but will send it in if that is the only way.
Thanks.
-Ian

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,720 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:55 PM

View PostDocMayhem, on 22 June 2013 - 03:16 PM, said:

Is it possible to buy the parts to update my version 1 to a version 2?  Or can I send it in to have it done and what would the charge be for that service?  I would rather do it myself, but will send it in if that is the only way.
Thanks.
-Ian
Basically, you need the trigger transfer bar that has been heat treated (if the gun fires fine you can skip it) and the new integrated safety trigger.  All are available in the Pro-Shop.  There was a shift from a polymer spring guide to a metal one too.  Recently, the polymer one has reappeared in late models.  Personally I like the metal spring guide though some claim it causes the outer barrel to crack.  I have not seen this with my Gen 1 ATP.

It's best if you call the Pro-Shop for these parts.  KWA has plenty of them the last I saw.

If you would like to send the gun in I'm sure you can do that too.

#3 DocMayhem

DocMayhem

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:46 AM

Sounds good, I thought there were more parts I would need, I will call them Monday.
Thanks.
-Ian

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,720 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:45 AM

View PostDocMayhem, on 23 June 2013 - 04:46 AM, said:

Sounds good, I thought there were more parts I would need, I will call them Monday.
Thanks.
-Ian
Double check with them, but that's the info I was given about a month ago.

#5 DocMayhem

DocMayhem

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:41 PM

Called today and was told they were out of stock on the trigger:(
-Ian

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,720 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:34 PM

View PostDocMayhem, on 24 June 2013 - 01:41 PM, said:

Called today and was told they were out of stock on the trigger:(
-Ian
That's incorrect.  I'll PM xKingsizex.

#7 DocMayhem

DocMayhem

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:54 PM

That would be great.  Is there a part number?  The diagram on the internet only says #5, but don't know of a way to delineate between old and new part.  The individual I spoke with was very nice, but didn't seem to know if it was a version 1 or 2 part.
Thanks again.
-Ian

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,720 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:00 PM

View PostDocMayhem, on 24 June 2013 - 07:54 PM, said:

That would be great.  Is there a part number?  The diagram on the internet only says #5, but don't know of a way to delineate between old and new part.  The individual I spoke with was very nice, but didn't seem to know if it was a version 1 or 2 part.
Thanks again.
-Ian
I'll check it out and get back to you.  I'm confident that the part is available

#9 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,720 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:01 PM

DM - I haven't forgotten you.  I have the info coming shortly!

#10 DocMayhem

DocMayhem

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:15 AM

Thanks.

#11 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,720 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:37 AM

View PostDocMayhem, on 28 June 2013 - 04:15 AM, said:

Thanks.
DM, I have confirmed that parts #5,7,53, and 54 are all in stock so this means you can do the trigger upgrade. You can call KWA and ask for Jim if you would like to purchase these.

Hope this helps.

#12 DocMayhem

DocMayhem

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:27 PM

Thanks.  I called the Pro Shop and was told #5 was out if stock still.  Jim wasn't available, but I got his email address and sent him the link to this thread etc.
Thanks again.
-Doc

#13 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,720 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:16 PM

View PostDocMayhem, on 02 July 2013 - 05:27 PM, said:

Thanks.  I called the Pro Shop and was told #5 was out if stock still.  Jim wasn't available, but I got his email address and sent him the link to this thread etc.
Thanks again.
-Doc
Some things just aren't as easy as one would like....In fact I spoke with Jim today and there are over 9000 of part #5.  The issue was they were listed under the M series which the ATP was based off of.  Your Help Desk ticket is received and John will be taking care your request for the parts you need.

Thank you for being patient.

#14 DocMayhem

DocMayhem

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:56 PM

Thanks again for the help.  I figured it would work out sooner or later.  In unrelated news my KWA M9 tactical and a 32 round M93R magazine just showed up;)  I am digging the new engraved markings.  My old beat up holster from OIF III, should work until I mount a light.  Thanks again.
-Doc

#15 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,720 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:15 PM

Doc Mayhem - Did you ever do the trigger install or are you waiting to get it done?  Let me know, I have some information that is important to the modification.  For that matter, anyone who is interested in doing the mod (old trigger to integrated trigger safety), let me know and I'll post the information.

#16 DocMayhem

DocMayhem

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:01 PM

I finally got around to getting the parts, for the trigger upgrade.  Any advice you have, on the install would be greatly appreciated.  Also santa is bringing an ATP auto, for my son.  That will make the 7th KWA between my son and I.

Thanks again.

#17 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,720 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:30 PM

View PostDocMayhem, on 08 December 2013 - 04:01 PM, said:

I finally got around to getting the parts, for the trigger upgrade.  Any advice you have, on the install would be greatly appreciated.  Also santa is bringing an ATP auto, for my son.  That will make the 7th KWA between my son and I.

Thanks again.
Here you go....my gift to you!

This should give you the info you need.  Please note: compare the old trigger transfer bar to the new one.  The new one must have a longer protrusion off the backside or the gun will not fire.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users