6 replies to this topic

#1 Darth Genesis

Darth Genesis

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:02 AM

I have looked for a threaded outer barrel from a M17 but am unable to find one in stock anywhere. First will this fit the ATP? and second does anyone know where to find one? I would like to be able to add a mock supressiour and a threaded barrel looks sweet too.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,717 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:39 AM

I've looked around and they are sold out where I have checked.  Guarder makes a nice one when you find it in stock.  The one for KWA/KSC M17 will fit the ATP.

#3 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:37 PM

Word in advice treaded barrel can install on ATP but most likely the gun don't work with a "barrel extension" installed.  The reason why is Glock design it's barrel to tilt upward to chamber the next round.  On a airsoft replica, adding weights (ie barrel extension, mock silencer) will bind the barrel to the slide so it doesn't cycle properly.  This is why you don't see many mock silencer on a airsoft glock replica.  Even if you see them is mostly for looks and it won't cycle the slide.  Unless you can find a really light weight "barrel extension".

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,717 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:04 PM

View Postallizard, on 29 November 2011 - 02:37 PM, said:

Word in advice treaded barrel can install on ATP but most likely the gun don't work with a "barrel extension" installed.  The reason why is Glock design it's barrel to tilt upward to chamber the next round.  On a airsoft replica, adding weights (ie barrel extension, mock [barrel extension]) will bind the barrel to the slide so it doesn't cycle properly.  This is why you don't see many mock [barrel extension] on a airsoft glock replica.  Even if you see them is mostly for looks and it won't cycle the slide.  Unless you can find a really light weight "barrel extension".
Well that's good to know!

#5 Steven Louie

Steven Louie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:57 PM

Will a barrel extension installed on a USP Tactical, 1911 PTP, or M9 PTP bind the barrel and effect the cycling on those pistols?

#6 Darth Genesis

Darth Genesis

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:17 AM

I agree that mock silencers make the gun not cycle correctly. But it still gives the gun a cool look even without the [barrel extension] on it IMHO.

#7 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:24 PM

View PostSteven Louie, on 29 November 2011 - 07:57 PM, said:

Will a barrel extension installed on a USP Tactical, 1911 PTP, or M9 PTP bind the barrel and effect the cycling on those pistols?

1911 and M9 are not affected.  USP Tactical I don't think so but I haven't try.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users