8 replies to this topic

#1 kamatokai

kamatokai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:50 AM

hey guy how's going
just got a quick question , which kind Version RIS or RAS system should I choose for my magpul gbbr, is it the AEG Ver or WA Gbbr Ver or WE system ?
thanks for the help

#2 wurger

wurger

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:17 PM

View Postkamatokai, on 24 January 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

hey guy how's going
just got a quick question , which kind Version RIS or RAS system should I choose for my magpul gbbr, is it the AEG Ver or WA Gbbr Ver or WE system ?
thanks for the help

I would (for obvious reasons) say not to the WA and WE parts. I would guess that if a part is compatible with a Magpul PTS part, it might work with the KWA GBBR.

Kind of defeats the purpose of paying extra for the Magpul version if you start swapping parts...

#3 kamatokai

kamatokai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:04 PM

How about RIS or RAS system , will it be compatible to g&p aeg RIS/RAS or Madbull Aeg RIS/RAS?
Thanks

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,596 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:49 PM

The gun isn't released yet in the US.  Therefore it is very difficult for any of us to comment with other than speculation.

#5 Grindstone

Grindstone

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:16 AM

For the record, normal AEG rails are largely compatible with WE M4 GBBRs. The only issue it the depth of the threading.

#6 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:38 PM

Just curious- will the buffer tube be mil-spec or commercial sized? If I remember correctly, KWA m4 aegs use a mil-spec buffer tube, so i expect this to be no different. Just asking because I need to know when purchasing a new stock.

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,596 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:23 PM

Don't know, the gun isn't released yet....but my guess is Mil-Spec.

#8 kamatokai

kamatokai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:47 PM

View Postgcw360, on 24 January 2012 - 10:49 PM, said:

The gun isn't released yet in the US.  Therefore it is very difficult for any of us to comment with other than speculation.
i think it shoud be the same as a LM4 right?
so let's say if it's the same, can i use those AEG RIS/RAS?
thanks

#9 Fluffy Boy 32

Fluffy Boy 32

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:51 PM

Being a G&P WOC Owner and I built mine from scratch, I could shed some light on this topic...
G&P uses proprietary threads on their bodies so you have to buy a separate barrel nut if you want to use a certain rail on your gun (unless you have your body re-threaded to regular AEG threads. So if you wanted to buy a Daniel Defense Rail through Madbull then you would have to buy the G&P threaded barrel nut and swap out the one that comes with the rail. Now if KWA does regular AEG threads then it will accept any standard threaded AEG rail on the market. If they don't and go the proprietary route, more than likely some company will go ahead and produce aftermarket threaded barrel nuts for the different types of popular rails...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users