CQR MOD2 + 11.1v LiPo = Auto in Semi Mode (overspin?)

cqr mod2 11.1 overspin overspinning mosfet

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 rigma_one

rigma_one

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:36 PM

Hi All,

I just picked up an 11.1v LiPo for my almost brand new stock CQR MOD2.  In semi mode, it pops off 3 or 4 shots.

I've been trying to do my research and have been seeing a bunch of different solutions:

1.  use a heavier spring
2.  use a 7.4v battery
3.  use a MOSFET
4.  use a different motor

I wanted to get some ideas from this group on what can be done while still keeping the FPS ~350 for indoor play.  Any suggestions or anecdotes would be great.

Thanks!

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,310 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

Hi rigma_one, can you give us more info about the battery?  What are the mAh and C rating?  If you had a different gun I might think that over spin could be an issue.  It shouldn't  be with the CQB given the fact it has an M120 spring in the gearbox.

I think we need more information to help you here...Also, have you made any changes to the gun?  Has it been modified at all?

#3 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:43 AM

Could be a defective cutoff lever. I have seen worn cutoff levers that causes an aeg to behave same way as you describe.

#4 rigma_one

rigma_one

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:29 PM

Gun is stock with no internal upgrades.  I've only put about 600 rounds through it altogether and I know the break-in period is about 1k.

The battery I'm using is 11.1v 1400mAh 15c:
http://shop.ehobbyas...cells-pack.html

Is there a defnitive way to find out if the problem is the cutoff lever?

#5 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:00 AM

Please keep this thread updated as things progress.

My KM4CQB will occasionally "double" in Semi too.  This is my only AEG (ever).  Only happens occasionally.

-- Chuck

#6 musicianairsofter

musicianairsofter

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Airsofting,
    violin,
    my fiance'

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:45 PM

it has to do with your selector plate. It means it's sticking/ also your cut off lever means it's not engaging. you could go into your gearbox and see, but if it's not going crazy i wouldn't worry.

#7 rigma_one

rigma_one

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

Thanks very much for your input!  What can I do to fix this?  The gun is virtually brand new.  I would hate to have to open the gearbox.  Maybe I'll check with KWA to see if its still under warranty.

View Postmusicianairsofter, on 30 October 2012 - 04:45 PM, said:

it has to do with your selector plate. It means it's sticking/ also your cut off lever means it's not engaging. you could go into your gearbox and see, but if it's not going crazy i wouldn't worry.

#8 rigma_one

rigma_one

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

Well as an update, I purchased a 7.4v lipo and tested my gun.  Worked fine in semi and auto.  Then I went back and plugged in the 11.1v.  Low and behold it also worked in semi and auto.

Not sure what happened exactly, but I'm a happy camper with a spare battery.

#9 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:09 PM

One thing to note.  I have recently worked on a gun that was shooting full auto in semi mode.  In this case the tamiya connector pins were bent and not making good contact.  I took a small flat head and straighten it back out and made sure the male pin was inserted in the female pin and problem solved.  This could have also been your issue and you have fixed it without realizing it. lol

#10 rigma_one

rigma_one

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

Very interesting... I would have never thought a poor connection would result in misfiring.

Yet another case for switching to Deans.

#11 manglepop

manglepop

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

just happen a hour ago. my cqr just started shooting full auto when the selector switch is on semi-auto and then it stops for a moment (no bbs came out). i release the trigger and then fire it again and sometimes it would shoot normally and sometime i would do the same thing again. battery i used is a 9.6v 2000mah nunchuck.

#12 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,310 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

View Postmanglepop, on 19 January 2013 - 04:57 PM, said:

just happen a hour ago. my cqr just started shooting full auto when the selector switch is on semi-auto and then it stops for a moment (no bbs came out). i release the trigger and then fire it again and sometimes it would shoot normally and sometime i would do the same thing again. battery i used is a 9.6v 2000mah nunchuck.
Please start a new thread.  This has nothing to do with 11.1v LiPo and overspin.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cqr mod2, 11.1, overspin, overspinning, mosfet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users