• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Tortiose

Tortiose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:07 PM

In all four of the magizines I bought for my KMP9 have jammed because BBs got stuck between each other and the spring. To get them out i had to loosen then with a screwdriver. (just ramming the BBs out) Please help me out.

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:23 PM

Hi Tortiose, welcome to the forums. What brand bb are you using, and do you know how big they are? I would suggest using a smaller diameter bb such as the KSC/KWA brand bbs... they seem to give me the best performance in all my GBBs.

#3 Tortiose

Tortiose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:38 AM

I think they are airsoft extreme .25s. Thanks for the tip I would have never thought of that.

#4 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:46 AM

Yeah the diameter of those bbs may be slightly too large or slightly too small so when they go into the bb channel, they will rub against each other and jam up and get stuck. KWA/KSC perfect brand bbs are amazing and I have not run into any issues in terms of jamming in the magazine yet. Try those, and see if you yield better results.

#5 Serious Airsoft

Serious Airsoft

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:07 AM

Another issue may be that the magazine channel has dirt and grime. I was having this issue with mine and I was using high quality bb's. So what I did was I broke down the magazine, cleaned the channel and all the parts inside, and lubed it up with silicone. If you don't feel comfortable doing this you can go to you local airsoft store/repairer and get the to do it for a fee. Although, I do not know whether this voids your warranty or not, so you may want to check if your's isn't already up.

#6 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:20 PM

View PostSerious Airsoft, on 05 August 2012 - 09:07 AM, said:

Another issue may be that the magazine channel has dirt and grime. I was having this issue with mine and I was using high quality bb's. So what I did was I broke down the magazine, cleaned the channel and all the parts inside, and lubed it up with silicone. If you don't feel comfortable doing this you can go to you local airsoft store/repairer and get the to do it for a fee. Although, I do not know whether this voids your warranty or not, so you may want to check if your's isn't already up.
A good suggestion, but I would advise against lubing the bb channel with silicone. Getting that track wet with silicon oil not only attracts more dirt and grime, but gets the oil on the bb. When the oily bb hits the hop up bucking, getting too much oil on the bucking will cause it to swell, resulting in bbs being fed, but not being shot out, and will then roll out of the barrel instead. Once you clean the bb channel with oil, I'd suggest running it by again and wiping down the channel just once more to ensure it is perfectly dry, and not oily.

#7 Serious Airsoft

Serious Airsoft

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:07 PM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 05 August 2012 - 04:20 PM, said:

A good suggestion, but I would advise against lubing the bb channel with silicone. Getting that track wet with silicon oil not only attracts more dirt and grime, but gets the oil on the bb. When the oily bb hits the hop up bucking, getting too much oil on the bucking will cause it to swell, resulting in bbs being fed, but not being shot out, and will then roll out of the barrel instead. Once you clean the bb channel with oil, I'd suggest running it by again and wiping down the channel just once more to ensure it is perfectly dry, and not oily.

Ah yes, thank you for reminding me, afterwards I ran a few q-tips through it to pick up most of the silicone. I did leave a very thin coating on it, so afterwards I left it inside and ran the spring up and down it a few times so it could roll in the remaining lube. the then I loaded the magazine, and then released all the bb's. I did this 10 times with no mis-feeds and then cleaned up the channel again, but this time fully with no silicone left. Plus I would not recommend using the bb's from earlier to shoot considering that there may be some scratches or wear and tear. But either way, let us know if this works.

#8 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:21 PM

View PostSerious Airsoft, on 05 August 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

Ah yes, thank you for reminding me, afterwards I ran a few q-tips through it to pick up most of the silicone. I did leave a very thin coating on it, so afterwards I left it inside and ran the spring up and down it a few times so it could roll in the remaining lube. the then I loaded the magazine, and then released all the bb's. I did this 10 times with no mis-feeds and then cleaned up the channel again, but this time fully with no silicone left. Plus I would not recommend using the bb's from earlier to shoot considering that there may be some scratches or wear and tear. But either way, let us know if this works.
Yup, never reuse used bbs. Like someone said on this forum, bbs are cheap, your gun isn't. LOL

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Magizine, KMP9, MP9, KWA, Problem

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users