• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 elite

elite

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 02:57 PM

i know this has been brought up before but im having some trouble removing my front sight.  ive read the other posts and looked at the diagram and still havent gotten any of the pins out. sorry to sound noobish but wat pins do you take out?
thanks

#2 Katatonia

Katatonia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:37 PM

there are two pins nearly at the bottom of the sight, punch those two pins out and just pull the front sight off,you are going to have to remove your flash hider,and it will take some force gettinng those pins out.  :lol:

#3 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2008 - 07:51 AM

You'll need a small hammer and a punch with the correct diameter. Having the correct tools will make your job easier. :)

#4 Blacssr@bellsouth.net

Blacssr@bellsouth.net

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 01:08 PM

View PostKatatonia, on Sep 10 2008, 11:37 PM, said:

there are two pins nearly at the bottom of the sight, punch those two pins out and just pull the front sight off,you are going to have to remove your flash hider,and it will take some force gettinng those pins out.  :lol:

I have the M16 battle rifle and would also like to remove the front sight. I have removed the 2 pins already but am having a tough time getting the sight to move. Any help or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

#5 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2008 - 04:42 PM

Two pins on the bottom of the sight is the only thing that is locking down. However, the fake gas tube is firmly sitting in the receiver through the delta ring. You probably need a bit more force to yank it out. Then again, if you break something. It's not my fault.  :lol:

#6 Blacssr@bellsouth.net

Blacssr@bellsouth.net

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 04:48 PM

View Postallizard, on Sep 18 2008, 08:42 PM, said:

Two pins on the bottom of the sight is the only thing that is locking down. However, the fake gas tube is firmly sitting in the receiver through the delta ring. You probably need a bit more force to yank it out. Then again, if you break something. It's not my fault.  :lol:

Got it.

Thanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users