• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 MolloyZ215

MolloyZ215

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:34 PM

Alright, so here's the basic issue. I recently came to own a KMP9, which according to the previous owner worked perfectly fine. However, when I received it, it will only fire once with a loaded mag. Without BBs in the magazine it shoots fine.

Also, when the magazine is in, it is very difficult to rack the bolt.

Any suggestions?

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,884 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:17 AM

We need a little more info.
Does it not fire at all when a loaded mag is used?  Do you feel the trigger click when it doesn't fire?
And when it fires without bb's are you holding down the bolt release or it fires with an empty mag without doing so?
What brand bb's are you using and what gas (green or propane)?
There may be multiple issues with the KMP9 and you may need to send it in but let's start here.

And welcome to the forums. :)

#3 MolloyZ215

MolloyZ215

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:49 PM

It does fire with a loaded mag, but only once. And no, it doesn't click when it doesn't fire.
I was not holding down the bolt release. Just pulling the trigger. Tried it again and it doesn't seem to be working, shoots once and I have to rack the bolt again.
BB's, Angel Custom .20. And using green gas.

#4 MolloyZ215

MolloyZ215

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:55 PM

Just another note, the bolt does not seem to return all the way forward (I think the correct term is return to battery, but not sure), on the way back.

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,714 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:28 PM

View PostMolloyZ215, on 19 February 2014 - 06:55 PM, said:

Just another note, the bolt does not seem to return all the way forward (I think the correct term is return to battery, but not sure), on the way back.
Try stretching the spring part # 162.  Use a flat screw driver. place between the center coils, and give it a twist.  Shoot for a stretch on the order of 1/16"-1/8".  This may solve the issue.

#6 MolloyZ215

MolloyZ215

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:44 PM

View Postgcw360, on 19 February 2014 - 07:28 PM, said:

Try stretching the spring part # 162.  Use a flat screw driver. place between the center coils, and give it a twist.  Shoot for a stretch on the order of 1/16"-1/8".  This may solve the issue.

Tried your suggestion, did not work.

#7 MolloyZ215

MolloyZ215

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:18 PM

Should i just send the gun in? I'm thinking this might be the best option, but I don't have the original box or anything. How does that work and about how much does it cost?

#8 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,884 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:44 AM

Do you know what brand bb's the previous owner was using?  I am thinking that it can also be an issue with the bb's where if it's not polished well it can get somewhat jammed in the feeding (bb) channel in the mag.
I say this because my KMP9 only likes certain bb's with a very high polish.  I would get a first few shots then because the bb's were not feeding properly my gun would dry fire or get jammed in the feeding ramp of the gun.

#9 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,714 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:08 AM

View PostMolloyZ215, on 19 February 2014 - 09:18 PM, said:

Should i just send the gun in? I'm thinking this might be the best option, but I don't have the original box or anything. How does that work and about how much does it cost?
Sending the gun in is always the best option.  You would need to get an RMA# through the Help Desk.  I don't have the cost with me as I am out of town but I'm sure they can give you an estimate. They will also guide you regarding any other protocols you need to follow, e.g., including your mag for testing.

#10 MolloyZ215

MolloyZ215

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:23 PM

Okay so interestingly enough, now I'm getting a different issue. The bolt issue worked itself out, but now, I fire it once and then, it sounds like its going fully automatic but it just wastes gas, doesnt fire. If anyone remembers paintball, it sounds like a paintball gun does when it runs out of gas. Any suggestions?

#11 xdemigod

xdemigod

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:36 AM

I had the same problem I sent it in and they replaced my bolt and a few small parts like the valve. I can give u a complete breakdown when I have the paperwork in front of me maybe it will help

#12 milsimaddict

milsimaddict

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:26 PM

I know how to fix this!!!!!!!!!! My gun wouldn't cycle after one shot and the bolt was like 1 or 2 mm back from where it should be. I took out the bolt and realized that the nozzle springs were missing. All i did was i added an extra spring on the main spring guide( the big spring on top when u open it up) and with the power of the two springs, it pushes the bolt up and now it works. Also i bought the cqb bolt and it runs great now.

#13 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,714 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 05:42 PM

Ok, good to know.  Why not add the 2 cylinder return springs?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users