• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sneakysnailz

sneakysnailz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:47 AM

when i try to release the bolt after it has locked on last shot the release button is impossible to press

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,714 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:11 AM

View Postsneakysnailz, on 06 October 2013 - 06:47 AM, said:

when i try to release the bolt after it has locked on last shot the release button is impossible to press
Hi SneakySnailz - Welcome to the KWA Forums.  How old is the gun and did you buy it new?  Here's what I would do.  First, make sure the gun is unloaded. Next, I would look into the breech and while pulling the bolt back engage and disengage the bolt catch so you can see where it interfaces with the bolt.  Look to see if there are any burrs on the face of the bolt catch.  Also, see if the bolt is damaged where the catch engages.  I've never seen any burrs or bolt face damage but perhaps yours has some.

So long as the bolt face and catch look undamaged, I would proceed to the next steps outlined.  If they appear damaged you should send the gun in for repair to KWA.

Next, I would reengage the bolt catch so that the bolt is locked back.  I'm not a fan of lubing the bolt catch because I wouldn't want to defeat it or reduce it's function.  That said you might consider a small amount of pure silicone on the end of the catch....less is more here.  Lastly, I would simply press harder, if the catch doesn't have a burr on it this should work.

If this doesn't work, let us know.

Hope this helps

#3 sneakysnailz

sneakysnailz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:02 AM

View Postgcw360, on 06 October 2013 - 07:11 AM, said:

Hi SneakySnailz - Welcome to the KWA Forums.  How old is the gun and did you buy it new?  Here's what I would do.  First, make sure the gun is unloaded. Next, I would look into the breech and while pulling the bolt back engage and disengage the bolt catch so you can see where it interfaces with the bolt.  Look to see if there are any burrs on the face of the bolt catch.  Also, see if the bolt is damaged where the catch engages.  I've never seen any burrs or bolt face damage but perhaps yours has some.

So long as the bolt face and catch look undamaged, I would proceed to the next steps outlined.  If they appear damaged you should send the gun in for repair to KWA.

Next, I would reengage the bolt catch so that the bolt is locked back.  I'm not a fan of lubing the bolt catch because I wouldn't want to defeat it or reduce it's function.  That said you might consider a small amount of pure silicone on the end of the catch....less is more here.  Lastly, I would simply press harder, if the catch doesn't have a burr on it this should work.

If this doesn't work, let us know.

Hope this helps
i have tried all that and nothing appears damaged and pushing with both hands on the release doesn't work

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,714 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:44 AM

View Postsneakysnailz, on 06 October 2013 - 08:02 AM, said:

i have tried all that and nothing appears damaged and pushing with both hands on the release doesn't work
When did you purchase the gun and are you the original owner?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users