5 replies to this topic

#1 Aaron Hammond

Aaron Hammond

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Milsim, Digital Art, Digital Design

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:01 PM

"Stanley" was originally a trade I made a few months ago with a friend for an Echo 1 AMD-65. Glad to say I think I got away with the better half of the deal. He was all stock aside from the missing gas-block being gone, and a few internal upgrades that I'm not sure of.

I have installed:
TD 4.5" outer barrel
Lancer 7.5" Mock Surpressor
Tapco "Stubby" Vertical Grip
Magpul MBUS Gen 1 Set
Some brand of tan rail covers
and some lazer sight thing I "stole" from a buddy (he didn't care)

Anyway, here's some pics of what he looks like today:

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 ssurfe4

ssurfe4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:07 PM

Very nice!  Now I know there is a 4.5" outer barrel out there.  I am getting ready to do a similar shorter outer barrel with long barrel extension under the RIS as well and it is nice to see what it might look like.  :D  Did you install a longer inner barrel as well?  If so, I am curious if you did a range/accuracy/fps test with the stock vs longer inner barrel and what your results were.

#3 Aaron Hammond

Aaron Hammond

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:26 PM

View Postssurfe4, on 03 March 2014 - 12:07 PM, said:

Very nice!  Now I know there is a 4.5" outer barrel out there.  I am getting ready to do a similar shorter outer barrel with long barrel extension under the RIS as well and it is nice to see what it might look like.  :D  Did you install a longer inner barrel as well?  If so, I am curious if you did a range/accuracy/fps test with the stock vs longer inner barrel and what your results were.

I haven't gotten around to installing a new inner barrel just yet, but I do have plans to!

#4 ssurfe4

ssurfe4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:53 PM

Is that the stock RIS?  How far in does the barrel extension fit under the RIS approximately?   I was looking at extensions tonight at a local shop and many were to big to fit inside RIS  :-(   I was also surprised that my stock SR7 chrono'd at 390 fps with 0.20g bbs.

#5 Aaron Hammond

Aaron Hammond

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:03 PM

View Postssurfe4, on 03 March 2014 - 07:53 PM, said:

Is that the stock RIS?  How far in does the barrel extension fit under the RIS approximately?   I was looking at extensions tonight at a local shop and many were to big to fit inside RIS  :-(   I was also surprised that my stock SR7 chrono'd at 390 fps with 0.20g bbs.

Yes, it is the stock RIS. I have found that Gemtech "Blackside" Extensions fit under the RIS no problem. I, however, am using a Lancer Tactical extension, and it's actually a bit too narrow (i have a small piece of rubber under it to keep it from clinking against the RIS). But I would definitely recommend the Gemtech Blacksides, they fit perfectly.

#6 Pyro_Buster

Pyro_Buster

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:57 PM

I don't mean to necro this, but I don't want to start a new thread. I was considering taking the triangle sight off as I recently acquired a pair of MBUS sights. However, when I took the sight off, the metal bar came with it, and I discovered my rail wasn't all the way tightened and if I tightened it, it was crooked. How did you get your RIS to stay straight and firm without the metal bar inside the RIS?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: km4, sr7, stanley, honey badger

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users