#1 Airsoftguy

Airsoftguy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:FPS limit? What's that?

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

Well I tried this mod and did exactly what Boobie did but I'm only getting getting 410 fps at most :(
All that work and I really wanted to see 500 fps!

I did also install the Guarder hop up bucking replacing the stock one.

Any help will be appreciated :)

Note: This is just for backyard fun and I like high FPS.

#2 A S Toad

A S Toad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

I've been thinking of trying this with an cut down to 10" RA-Tech tightbore barrel. While the fps increase would be nice, I'm looking more toward tighter groupings.How is your accuracy compared to before?

#3 Airsoftguy

Airsoftguy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

Well definitely the groupings have gotten better and it's not even a tightbore. Lets say from 50 feet with the stock KRISS length barrel (125mm, 6.05 diameter) my groupings went from about 5-6 inch spread to almost 4 say 4.5-ish inches with the stock LM4 barrel (363mm, 6.05 diameter). I can already imagine how it'll be with a tightbore.

#4 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:03 AM

Not sure why you didnt get the fps jump..as you can see..all i did was a little filing..installed and tested. Kriss DMR.

( o Y o )

#5 Airsoftguy

Airsoftguy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:16 AM

Yeah makes no sense to me. I mean it isn't rocket science. Maybe the barrel has a little kink in it some where. Either way I was just thinking of buying another lm4 tightbore and putting it in the KRISS since I don't have the patience to wait.

#6 A S Toad

A S Toad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

OK, I went and did it... RA Tech tight bore went in easy thanks to Boobie. Groups tightened up. Not sure about fps, but that wasn't/isn't a concern.

Posted Image

Now I need to figure out if I want to cut down the barrel, or find a 230mm plus extension instead of my 6.75" one. I did a quick standing 12 shots inside from 21 feet and group was nice and tight with .28g BBs (1" bullseye):

Posted Image

#7 A S Toad

A S Toad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

I decided to keep the barrel full lenth, so I rethought the barrel extension thing. I added 3" of extra outer barrel plus the thread adapter (basically a 1.5" CCW to CW and a 1.5" CW to CCW adapter together and the Facepalm tactical 16mm CW to 14mm CCW).

The barrel extension is an Angel Custom Bio-Hazard 275mm x 40mm unit. The 14mm CCW female thread is recessed in about 100mm, so attaching it covered all but about 1mm of the Facepalm adapter. The front of the barrel sits about 28mm inside the extension. It looks pretty clean. Thinking of doing quad rails, but maybe later.

Posted Image

#8 bon

bon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:32 PM

View PostA S Toad, on 25 February 2013 - 03:27 PM, said:

OK, I went and did it... RA Tech tight bore went in easy thanks to Boobie. Groups tightened up. Not sure about fps, but that wasn't/isn't a concern.

Posted Image

Now I need to figure out if I want to cut down the barrel, or find a 230mm plus extension instead of my 6.75" one. I did a quick standing 12 shots inside from 21 feet and group was nice and tight with .28g BBs (1" bullseye):

Posted Image

#9 bon

bon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:39 PM

if you dont mind can you give me the specs of your RA tech tight bore barrel.

#10 A S Toad

A S Toad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:31 PM

It's supposed to be 363mm L and 6.01mm bore, but I measured it at 370mm. It came with an LM4 hop up unit which I discarded since I didn't need that for a Vector.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users