9 replies to this topic

#1 liewb

liewb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:46 AM

Hey guys!

While trying to disassemble my USPc Tactical's blow back unit to replace the rear sight, I seem to of stripped the head of the screw. Now the hex indentation is basically a circle, and the screw (Part #119) is still tight in there. Is there any way of getting this screw out? I've already tried the super glue technique, and also the rubberband, but both lead to a more stripped head.

Thanks in advanced for the replies!

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,301 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:24 AM

You could try a screw extractor bit...see here: http://www.acehardwa...egoryId=1259460

Also, sometimes a Torx bit of the correct size will do the job.

#3 liewb

liewb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:18 PM

View Postgcw360, on 01 July 2012 - 11:24 AM, said:

You could try a screw extractor bit...see here: http://www.acehardwa...egoryId=1259460

Also, sometimes a Torx bit of the correct size will do the job.

How risky is it to use a screw extractor bit? I was extremely glad to see it, but when I saw that you'd have to drill a pilot hole into the screw for the extractor to work, I got worried.

Agh, yeah, that's what I thought, but I guess I must've chosen the wrong size because it just stripped it even more

Aside from the screw extractor, are there any other ways of getting it out? I'll probably use the extractor as a last measure

#4 liewb

liewb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:57 AM

Finally got the friggin screw out! Use hex screws and a huge amount of elbow grease, but it's finailly out. Thanks for the tip gcw!

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,301 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:23 PM

View Postliewb, on 03 July 2012 - 09:57 AM, said:

Finally got the friggin screw out! Use hex screws and a huge amount of elbow grease, but it's finailly out. Thanks for the tip gcw!
Glad to help.

#6 validtumoralarm

validtumoralarm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:35 PM

So the same thing has just happened with my Compact Tactical while I was trying to transplant the internals into a Shooter's Design slide. There is no way this bad boy is coming out with an allen wrench of any kind and I've tried the super glue trick as well. liewb, what exactly did you end up doing?

I guess my other question is, if I have to sacrifice this screw to get the internals out, will I be able to source another one from KWA? They aren't in the Pro Shop.

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,301 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:47 AM

View Postvalidtumoralarm, on 26 July 2012 - 07:35 PM, said:

So the same thing has just happened with my Compact Tactical while I was trying to transplant the internals into a Shooter's Design slide. There is no way this bad boy is coming out with an allen wrench of any kind and I've tried the super glue trick as well. liewb, what exactly did you end up doing?

I guess my other question is, if I have to sacrifice this screw to get the internals out, will I be able to source another one from KWA? They aren't in the Pro Shop.
Call KWA.  They should be able to provide one. Mon-Fri 8:30 - 5:30 PDT, 626-581-1777

#8 validtumoralarm

validtumoralarm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:54 PM

Well, this stupid thing wasn't budging. Like an idiot, I completely destroyed just about everything in attempting to cut a notch into it with a dremel to remove it with a flathead screwdriver. I know, awful idea, but it's in the past now. Here's the request that I have submitted to KWA USA.

Would any of you guys happen to have USPc internal parts or an extra slide lying around that I could purchase from you?

Hello,
I was disassembling the slide of my H&K USP Compact for cleaning and to install the internals in a new Shooter's Design aftermarket slide and the screw holding the BBU in (Part #119) stripped. In my efforts to remove it I damaged the breach and the screw to a point that I believe is beyond repair.

Would it be possible for me to purchase an assembled set of slide internals from the Pro Shop to replace the ones that I foolishly destroyed after the very weak screw stripped? This would mean parts #6, #48, #92, #91, #7, #117, #49, #38, #42, #15, #11, #119, #75, #95, #74.

Thank you,
Brendon Parmelee

#9 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:01 PM

Give KWA a call. They will more than certainly help you out. Their hours are 8:30-5:30 PST weekdays, and are closed on weekends and holidays. Their number is 626-581-1777.

Hope you can get all those parts!!

#10 validtumoralarm

validtumoralarm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:29 PM

And if I can get all those parts, I hope I can assemble them all properly without screwing it up again. It would be nice if they'd go ahead and assemble it for me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users