Jump to content


I Need Tactical Light Recommendations


  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Larry

Larry

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Atlanta
  • Country:

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:18 PM

I use the streamlight pro tac HL3 at times, 1100 lumens. Little big but fits on my guns just fine. Rear switch, easy to turn on and off.

#22 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:43 PM

I'll check it out, thx.

#23 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SAN JOSE, CA
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!
  • Country:

Posted 09 August 2014 - 04:15 PM

View Postgcw360, on 01 August 2014 - 07:48 PM, said:

Boobie - Did you end up getting the Klarus XT11?
Nope. Lost in bidding. Gonna try to get one full retail soon lol

#24 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 09 August 2014 - 04:49 PM

View PostBoobieM4H, on 09 August 2014 - 04:15 PM, said:

Nope. Lost in bidding. Gonna try to get one full retail soon lol
Cool, and thank you!  I really would like to have a good comparison of the Klarus XT11 (V2 820 lumens), the Nitecore SRT6, and the Nitecore P20.  Yes, yes....I know that's a lot to ask but you have 2 out of 3 already :clap: .  I have been able to compare the SRT6 and the XT11 from samples my friends have, and while the SRT6 throws more light the XT11 is, IMO, superior for tactical use on a weapon.

So, how does the P20 stack up at 10 bucks less? That would be nice to know.

I

#25 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:10 PM

So, I will tell you all what I told Boobie in a PM the other day, "... I've let my OCD get the best me!  I know own the Nitecore SRT6, P20, and the Klaurus XT11 (820 Lumens).  Each has a particular feature set that equates to a benefit and, correspondingly, each is a great light.  My guess is if you asked 3 people you would get 3 different answers regarding which is best and it would be largely driven by personal preference.  I am hoping to do a real writeup but I have to say your recommendation of the P20 was spot on.  It's damned near perfect."

All three lights can be purchased on Amazon.com for between $65-$75.  All are great lights and, because personal preference is important, my guess is that any of the three would be good choices.

If you would like me to do a write-up of their features and what drove my ultimate decision, let me know.

http://www.nitecore....97#.U_KsTmNirDM
http://www.nitecore....84#.U_Ksr2NirDM
http://www.klaruslig...m/index-32.html

#26 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SAN JOSE, CA
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!
  • Country:

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:43 PM

View Postgcw360, on 17 August 2014 - 07:10 PM, said:

So, I will tell you all what I told Boobie in a PM the other day, "... I've let my OCD get the best me!  I know own the Nitecore SRT6, P20, and the Klaurus XT11 (820 Lumens).  Each has a particular feature set that equates to a benefit and, correspondingly, each is a great light.  My guess is if you asked 3 people you would get 3 different answers regarding which is best and it would be largely driven by personal preference.  I am hoping to do a real writeup but I have to say your recommendation of the P20 was spot on.  It's damned near perfect."

All three lights can be purchased on Amazon.com for between $65-$75.  All are great lights and, because personal preference is important, my guess is that any of the three would be good choices.

If you would like me to do a write-up of their features and what drove my ultimate decision, let me know.

http://www.nitecore....97#.U_KsTmNirDM
http://www.nitecore....84#.U_Ksr2NirDM
http://www.klaruslig...m/index-32.html
Awesome!

#27 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:44 PM

View PostBoobieM4H, on 27 August 2014 - 09:43 PM, said:

Awesome!
Yea, but now I'm a torch junky!  I can't afford another collection, lol.

#28 A S Toad

A S Toad

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Country:

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:38 PM

I had the Olight M22 on my long barrel Kriss, but swapped it for a Nitecore P10 since I think that the lower profile 1" diameter light works better on the side of a weapon with limited range. P series is nice. I have the Nitecore CU6 for the 365nm UV for scorpions. They have a CI6 with infrared if you like night vision stuff

Edited by A S Toad, 17 September 2014 - 04:42 PM.


#29 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:15 PM

View PostA S Toad, on 17 September 2014 - 04:38 PM, said:

I had the Olight M22 on my long barrel Kriss, but swapped it for a Nitecore P10 since I think that the lower profile 1" diameter light works better on the side of a weapon with limited range. P series is nice. I have the Nitecore CU6 for the 365nm UV for scorpions. They have a CI6 with infrared if you like night vision stuff
Thank you for the post.

#30 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:04 PM

Any thoughts regarding the Surefire P2X Fury Defender?

http://www.surefire....y-defender.html

Let me know.  Thank you.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users