77 replies to this topic

#61 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:09 AM

I finally got the courage to disassemble and check the bucking on my KM4-CQB.  (The instructions here and the YouTube videos made by 13 year-olds was the final push.  :) )

The bucking was swollen and soaked in oil (I assume silicone).  Took finesse to gently remove it as it would not originally get out of the hop unit and just telescoped closed.  Finally got it out and soaked/cleaned/dried.  Slid right back in.

Not knowing just what damage if any was done I have a new KWA bucking on order.  But now that I know how to access the bucking in this carbine is there a better aftermarket unit I should consider that uses the stock hop up mechanism?

-- Chuck

#62 Rain Man

Rain Man

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (obviously). Gaming. Baseball. Fantasy Football. Skiing

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:57 AM

Is there anyway to clean the hop up without opening up the gun?

#63 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:24 AM

Not that I know of but it's dirt simple.  So simple that removing the AEG barrel is in the owers manual.  The only additional task is popping off the little clip that secures the hopup and bucking.

I personally recommend you get a new KWA bucking and have it on hand before doing this.  My bucking was hopelessly swollen and never did clean up.  A highly recommended "green" bucking had to be trimmed to fit and did nothing.  A new KWA bucking cured all my problems.

Cleaning or replacing the LM4 bucking is much more difficult.

-- Chuck

#64 Rain Man

Rain Man

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (obviously). Gaming. Baseball. Fantasy Football. Skiing

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:34 AM

View PostChuck S, on 30 January 2013 - 06:24 AM, said:

Not that I know of but it's dirt simple.  So simple that removing the AEG barrel is in the owers manual.  The only additional task is popping off the little clip that secures the hopup and bucking.

I personally recommend you get a new KWA bucking and have it on hand before doing this.  My bucking was hopelessly swollen and never did clean up.  A highly recommended "green" bucking had to be trimmed to fit and did nothing.  A new KWA bucking cured all my problems.

Cleaning or replacing the LM4 bucking is much more difficult.

-- Chuck
Thanks Chuck! I have another 2GX bucking on hand if anything goes wrong.

#65 Airsoft Fan

Airsoft Fan

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (duh), soccer

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

Great info :clap: This won't void my warranty, right?

Edited by Airsoft Fan, 10 April 2013 - 10:34 AM.

#66 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,511 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:29 PM

View PostAirsoft Fan, on 10 April 2013 - 10:33 AM, said:

Great info :clap: This won't void my warranty, right?
Correct, it's considered general maintenance.

#67 Airsoft Fan

Airsoft Fan

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (duh), soccer

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:30 AM

View Postgcw360, on 10 April 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

Correct, it's considered general maintenance.
thanks gcw

#68 Munk

Munk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:01 AM

So I tried to clean my stock SR10 barrel last night with the cleaning rod that came with the gun and it will not fit in to the barrel. The head of the rod with the slit will fit but the point where that head attaches to the rod is too thick for the barrel. Am I missing something here?

#69 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,511 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:02 AM

View PostMunk, on 03 June 2013 - 10:01 AM, said:

So I tried to clean my stock SR10 barrel last night with the cleaning rod that came with the gun and it will not fit in to the barrel. The head of the rod with the slit will fit but the point where that head attaches to the rod is too thick for the barrel. Am I missing something here?
Will it fit without any cleaning patch attached?

#70 Munk

Munk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:00 PM

View Postgcw360, on 03 June 2013 - 11:02 AM, said:

Will it fit without any cleaning patch attached?

Why yes it can. How embarrassing....

#71 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,511 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:34 PM

View PostMunk, on 11 June 2013 - 01:00 PM, said:

Why yes it can. How embarrassing....
I've done this for a long time.....that's how we learn.  Oh, and thank you for manning up and admitting it!  Well done!!!

#72 Erikmacc

Erikmacc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:41 AM

Hello,
I am a new KWA owner I recently purchased the SR10 model and I am very pleased I did a lot of research and happy with the purchase. I have only shot the gun once due to my schedule and it being so cold out at this time I have shot exactly 360 rounds. After shooting I noticed my range wasn't so good and the hop up adjustment did NOTHING when I tried to adjust. After reading these post and the manual it says this gun needs to be broken in. Would it be wise for me to remove grease build up in the barrel and hop up bucking thru warm soapy water or just shoot it out ? Or combine both? I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing and I also want to make sure there isn't anything wrong with the gun as it wasn't cheap. I am currently using the kwa mid caps and .25 g golden ball bbs. Please advise.

#73 BLATEY

BLATEY

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Interests:Keepin' it Real.

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:52 AM

View PostErikmacc, on 05 March 2014 - 06:41 AM, said:

Hello,
I am a new KWA owner I recently purchased the SR10 model and I am very pleased I did a lot of research and happy with the purchase. I have only shot the gun once due to my schedule and it being so cold out at this time I have shot exactly 360 rounds. After shooting I noticed my range wasn't so good and the hop up adjustment did NOTHING when I tried to adjust. After reading these post and the manual it says this gun needs to be broken in. Would it be wise for me to remove grease build up in the barrel and hop up bucking thru warm soapy water or just shoot it out ? Or combine both? I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing and I also want to make sure there isn't anything wrong with the gun as it wasn't cheap. I am currently using the kwa mid caps and .25 g golden ball bbs. Please advise.

Congrats on the new kwa! It took me almost 7,000 rounds for my cqr to work well, but what you need to do is definitely soak your bucking in warm or hot soapy water over night do this about 2-3 times. Kwa says it will take about 5,000 rounds for your gun to start running smoothly. Also the bbs your using are just fine. These guns work so well that a couple times I had to use crosman bbs for a day and didn't wreck the gun.

#74 Erikmacc

Erikmacc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:00 AM

Thanks for the reply should I soak it 2-3 times consecutively or every 1500 or so rounds ? I plan on doing this all this week or latest the weekend. Am I correct in saying that I do not need to remove the hop up gears just the plastic clip and the buckin should come right off ?

#75 BLATEY

BLATEY

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Interests:Keepin' it Real.

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:30 AM

View PostErikmacc, on 05 March 2014 - 08:00 AM, said:

Thanks for the reply should I soak it 2-3 times consecutively or every 1500 or so rounds ? I plan on doing this all this week or latest the weekend. Am I correct in saying that I do not need to remove the hop up gears just the plastic clip and the buckin should come right off ?

Yes, this sounds like an good idea.

#76 kawaiianninja

kawaiianninja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:42 PM

Hello,
I recently bought a new KWA M16, but am new to KWA rifles, or airsoft in general. I just had a few question and would greatly appreciate if someone could help me out. First of all where is the hop up bucking and how can I get it out? I have know idea what and where this is. Another concern I had about this method of cleaning is the fact that there is no lubricant or rust preventive coating left on the gun. Like I said I am new to airsoft and most of my experience is in actual firearms so I may be wrong when it comes to airsoft, but I know that on a gun especially on the moving parts oil or some kind of lubricant and rust deterrent needs to be applied. If you use water to clean your gun every time even if you do dry it, all of the internals will be grinding against each other and quickly wear out. Also if you live in a humid climate there is a very high chance your gun would rust without proper coating of oil. If not silicone what and how should I keep the moving and metal parts of my AEG clean and rust free?

Edited by kawaiianninja, 05 March 2014 - 01:53 PM.

#77 Larry

Larry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:38 PM

As Chuck said, dont waste your time on the orig bucking. Oil and greased soaked. If your going to shoot .25 buy another 2gx, they should send us all one for free. They know buy now they had way too much grease in the box. Not many owners could just open the box and enjoy the gun. GOT TO TAKE MY NEW GUN APART? Go with a G&G bucking, and if flat hopped will get crAZY range. Love my SR10, after some minor tweaking with the hop up. Best gun I have ever owned.

Edited by Larry, 05 March 2014 - 05:45 PM.

#78 Larry

Larry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:58 PM

View Postkawaiianninja, on 05 March 2014 - 01:42 PM, said:

Hello,
I recently bought a new KWA M16, but am new to KWA rifles, or airsoft in general. I just had a few question and would greatly appreciate if someone could help me out. First of all where is the hop up bucking and how can I get it out? I have know idea what and where this is. Another concern I had about this method of cleaning is the fact that there is no lubricant or rust preventive coating left on the gun. Like I said I am new to airsoft and most of my experience is in actual firearms so I may be wrong when it comes to airsoft, but I know that on a gun especially on the moving parts oil or some kind of lubricant and rust deterrent needs to be applied. If you use water to clean your gun every time even if you do dry it, all of the internals will be grinding against each other and quickly wear out. Also if you live in a humid climate there is a very high chance your gun would rust without proper coating of oil. If not silicone what and how should I keep the moving and metal parts of my AEG clean and rust free?

If you keep it in the house you will be good. Dont use any kind of rust preventive that is oil based. Most use silicone based products.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users