Jump to content


Using thread protector void warranty?


  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 thefrog

thefrog

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Country:

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

I think someone mentioned it before but the orange paint is a bit thick on the threads.  If I use the protector, it looks like it's gonna take off a bit of orange.  Is this still ok? I've fired a hundred rounds and it seems very solid

#2 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:50 PM

View Postthefrog, on 28 December 2012 - 03:35 PM, said:

I think someone mentioned it before but the orange paint is a bit thick on the threads.  If I use the protector, it looks like it's gonna take off a bit of orange.  Is this still ok? I've fired a hundred rounds and it seems very solid
Using the OEM thread protector does not void the warranty.  The issue would come if you removed the paint or painted over the orange.  Enjoy your new gun!

#3 thefrog

thefrog

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Country:

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

Ok thanks! the paint is really thick, can't quite get it in place lol, any tips other than brute force?

#4 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:56 PM

View Postthefrog, on 28 December 2012 - 04:13 PM, said:

Ok thanks! the paint is really thick, can't quite get it in place lol, any tips other than brute force?
Sounds like that is the best way.  I guess you could gab a rag and try to clean the threads out.  But slowly working on the thread protector is most likely your best bet

#5 thefrog

thefrog

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Country:

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

View Postgcw360, on 28 December 2012 - 04:56 PM, said:

Sounds like that is the best way.  I guess you could gab a rag and try to clean the threads out.  But slowly working on the thread protector is most likely your best bet

It's like quad layered paint, it basically pooled up slightly in the threads lol

#6 BENboBEN

BENboBEN

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sparta, MI
  • Interests:Working on my guns. Ford. NASCAR. Metallica. Collecting Zippos. Airbrushing guns and anything else that can be.
  • Country:

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

I just screwed it on and off a couple million times and it just wore enough paint off.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users