• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 therealbone

therealbone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:35 AM

I bought a KP45 Tactical a while back and I thought I was having troubles with the magazine holding gas, but it turned out to be a problem with the can of gas and not the magazine. Or so I thought. This last weekend I was trying to use the gun and I used two different cans of green gas and propane (with the Airsoft Innovations ABS adapter, which I know is long enough to fill the magazines) yet I couldn't get through an entire magazine of BBs without running out of gas. I have two magazines and was having the same problem with both of them. The first few shots hit well; decently hard and the slide cycles fast and snappy (though sometimes the slide locks back on the second or third shot. I may just need to reverse my slide lock spring though).  About 7 or 8 shots in though, the power is way down and about 15 shots the mag is completely out of gas. I've never really gotten close to the FPS numbers that most other users seem to be getting on green gas either.

Any insight on this? Are the KP45s gas pigs? I know gas isn't an exact science but does there tend to be a lot of variance between guns? Would you recommend sending my gun in for a tech to look at? Thanks in advance guys.

#2 MooMan272

MooMan272

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:42 PM

Hi all,

I'm having the same problem with my KP45 Tactical.  It'll fire about 7-8 shots before gassing out.  It's not the gas can - this doesn't happen with another gun.  It's not the magazine - unless all three of my magazines have a similar flaw.

My gun and mags are relatively new (~1 month), however this only started to happen within the past few days.  I've used it for the first two sessions without problems.

#3 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:23 AM

moo, you should contact the help desk immediately before your warranty runs out

TRB, empty the gas out and then try holding the gas canister longer.

#4 therealbone

therealbone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 01:32 PM

View PostSpiggy, on 22 September 2010 - 09:23 AM, said:

I was holding it decently long last time but I suppose I can try for a much longer fill. I'll give that a shot and hopefully it'll work.

#5 therealbone

therealbone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 05:13 AM

View PostSpiggy, on 22 September 2010 - 09:23 AM, said:

Alright, here's an update. I field stripped the gun and did a thorough cleaning of the inner barrel and the hop up. I also noticed that the breach screw was a bit lose so that stood out to me as the likely culprit so I tightened that sucker down. I gassed up a mag for a good long time, until I could no longer audibly tell gas was filling and then some. The good news is, I made it through the whole mag firing decently quickly, no problem. The bad news is, the slide didn't lock back afterwards even though it definitely seems like it had enough gas to lock back. I know my slide lock spring is oriented correctly, so I know it isn't that. Maybe it needs to be removed and opened up to stiffen it up a bit? Thanks in advance.

#6 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:42 PM

if the slide refuses to lock back, I'd do a manual test with an empty magazine.

Hand Cycle and see if it locks.  If it does, more than likely it's a stroke issue.  If not, then the spring might be too tough

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users