4 replies to this topic

#1 Lt. Tony

Lt. Tony

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 10:52 AM

I'm trying to put a stronger hammer spring in my M19, however I can't find anywhere on the net on how to do it. Does anyone know how to do, and what are the benefits of upgrading my hammer spring?

#2 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 11:00 AM

The upgraded hammer spring is for the heavier hit on the main magazine valve.  The stronger hit draws much more gas out of the gun, increasing the power (fps) of the gun.  Because of the larger amount of gas drawn, the gas efficiency decreases.

I do not recommend dismantling of your M19 as the mechanism can be very confusing and is quite the chore for even most seasoned technicians to put back together.

#3 Lt. Tony

Lt. Tony

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 11:15 AM

View PostSpiggy, on Oct 15 2008, 03:00 PM, said:

The upgraded hammer spring is for the heavier hit on the main magazine valve.  The stronger hit draws much more gas out of the gun, increasing the power (fps) of the gun.  Because of the larger amount of gas drawn, the gas efficiency decreases.

I do not recommend dismantling of your M19 as the mechanism can be very confusing and is quite the chore for even most seasoned technicians to put back together.

Ok thank you. One more Question, an upgraded recoil spring is extremely easy to install, what does it do exactly, does it make the gun any better or any worse?

#4 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 11:25 AM

Heavier recoil springs increase the cyclic rate and dampen the felt recoil of the gun.  They are generally used with heavier aftermarket slides.  

These upgrades are often enough, unnecessary for your gun.

#5 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2008 - 05:31 PM

My rule of thumb is don't upgrade the recoil spring until you upgraded the hammer spring first.  

On the other hand, there is really no reason to upgrade the recoil spring as KWA guns with a metal slide ALREADY have an upgraded spring.  Changing the recoil spring isn't going to give you anymore performance gain and sometime is going to make it worst and cause the slide not to cycle properly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users