• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bob23717

bob23717

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 01:33 PM

my locking block broke on my ptp :angry: (i think) and i would like to get one, should i just call you guys? and how will i install it if the slide won't come off?

#2 Lt. Tony

Lt. Tony

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 06:11 AM

View Postbob23717, on Nov 23 2008, 04:33 PM, said:

my locking block broke on my ptp :angry: (i think) and i would like to get one, should i just call you guys? and how will i install it if the slide won't come off?

Which PTP do you have

#3 bob23717

bob23717

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:19 PM

m9... so how do you put it in when you can't get the slide off?

#4 iwc3

iwc3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:56 AM

I have a locked up slide again also. This is so frustrating as this is the third time my PTP has broken. Is there any way for the a user to be able to get the slide off so I can replace the part myself. I love the gun, but this part keeps breaking, and I really don't want to have to send it in for repair again.

Dear KWA staff: Can you give some counsel on how to best deal with this locked slide and broken locking block. What is your advice to us?

Regards,
IWC3

View Postbob23717, on Nov 24 2008, 04:19 PM, said:

m9... so how do you put it in when you can't get the slide off?

#5 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2009 - 10:00 AM

When the block broke, it will shift the block upwards and and block the slide as well.  There is no simple way to the slide off without damaging the barrel or sacrifice the lock release.  It's better to send it back to us.  besides replacing the locking block isn't going to fix it completely.  We need to do a bit of modding on the slide as well.

#6 iwc3

iwc3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:19 AM

Thank-you for your answer. I will gladly send it in to have KWA staff work on it. Thank-you very much.

Regards,
IWC3

View Postallizard, on Jan 2 2009, 11:00 AM, said:

When the block broke, it will shift the block upwards and and block the slide as well.  There is no simple way to the slide off without damaging the barrel or sacrifice the lock release.  It's better to send it back to us.  besides replacing the locking block isn't going to fix it completely.  We need to do a bit of modding on the slide as well.

#7 idb

idb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:31 PM

Allizard,

Is it ok to just send the slide for the necessary mods, or due you need the entire pistol?

Guesstimate on turn around time?

Does the same hold true for an M9 Heavy?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users