• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 LcsFletcher

LcsFletcher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

So I was messing around with my cqb aeg and decided to remove the Motor base plate on the hand grip (Im not new to airsoft but I dont really mess around with the internals of guns) and found out that there was a motor so I quickly just put it back on before I broke something now Note before I took off the entire base plate I did fiddle with the adjustment bolt but not by much.

Now when I try to shoot my gun all I hear is the click of the motor but no actual "Shooting" noise coming from it. Now ive been messing around with it some more and have discovered that when the base plate is on all I hear is a click, but when the base plate is off and I pull the trigger I can hear the motor rotating but not actually firing,

So before I take it into my local airsoft shop I wanted to get some feedback so I know if I can fix it here at my house, So far I haven't touch any of the internal gears or mechanisms only the base plate.

Heres some pics I took, THANKS
Attached File  base plate attached.JPG   43.89K   3 downloads
Attached File  motor baseplate unscrewed.JPG   66.75K   7 downloads
Attached File  Internal motor unsealed.JPG   60.16K   9 downloads

Edited by LcsFletcher, 24 February 2013 - 08:16 PM.

#2 Wgusler

Wgusler

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:I had to go get mustard for my cat.

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

Turn the motor adjustment screw out 1 full turn and try the gun. If not firing, turn out another 1/2 turn until it fires.

#3 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:31 AM

Make sure the motor connections are secure.  It may be that they are coming loose when you push the motor in to the grip when installing the base plate.  Also make sure that your motor has "bounce" back when you push down on it.  If it doesn't the wires are getting in the way not allowing for proper motor height adjustment. This could have happened when you took the base plate off.
If you are sure that everything is secure follow wgusler's advice and turn motor adjustment screw counter clockwise to lower the height.  It may be set too high and is causing itself to bind.  If the gun will not crank no matter what you do, there could be an internal problem so I would recommend either sending it back to KWA for repair or take it to a local tech that is knowledgeable in their field.

#4 Dirt Bag

Dirt Bag

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:41 AM

I don't see the motor spacer in your pics. There should be a little round flat silver coin like thing. It should sit on the round part of your base plate.

#5 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

View PostDirt Bag, on 25 February 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

I don't see the motor spacer in your pics. There should be a little round flat silver coin like thing. It should sit on the round part of your base plate.
Not if its one of the newer KM4's with a wide brass adjustment screw.

#6 LcsFletcher

LcsFletcher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 25 February 2013 - 12:26 PM, said:

Not if its one of the newer KM4's with a wide brass adjustment screw.
My gun does have the motor spacer which i found out had fallen out of place and got stuck onto the motor so i grabbed it and put it into place, the gun still doesn't work although to answer some of Tyne comments the connectors are connected and the motor does give when pressed on. So now with the spacer back in place i put the base plate back on and began messing with the adjustment screw again and when i turn it in or out i can make the motor only do 2 things when i put the screw in a tiny bit the motor only clicks but when i turn it out the motor makes a high pitched grinding noise

#7 Wgusler

Wgusler

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

Send it back to KWA and let them fix it. Go here
http://www.kwausa.com/support/

#8 LcsFletcher

LcsFletcher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

I took it into my local airsoft shop and they got it fixed although in my pre testing trying to get it fixed i burned out the battery so now i have to get a new one, so i have another question:
Current battery 9.4v (burned out) : it had a decent firing rate but wansnt fast enough.
Battery before the 9.4v was i think 12 v : was a perfect firing speed but caused misfires on semi and would not always shoot full auto so that's why i switched to 9.4v (now before you post my local shop said 12v is compatible) so what voltage should i get now?

Edited by LcsFletcher, 25 February 2013 - 08:41 PM.

#9 Wgusler

Wgusler

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

You might try a 7.4 lipo or a 9.6 NMH. I found that without a Mosfet w/ active braking the CQB will over cycle badly.

#10 LcsFletcher

LcsFletcher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

View PostWgusler, on 25 February 2013 - 09:04 PM, said:

You might try a 7.4 lipo or a 9.6 NMH. I found that without a Mosfet w/ active braking the CQB will over cycle badly.
So pretty much if I want to get a 11.1v battery which is the max for my gun it will probably have over cycling or misfires?

Heres the 7.4 I was thinking about http://www.evike.com...oducts_id=37847
and heres the 11.1 http://www.evike.com...oducts_id=38180

Edited by LcsFletcher, 25 February 2013 - 09:11 PM.

#11 wolfreaper

wolfreaper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:48 AM

View PostLcsFletcher, on 25 February 2013 - 07:20 PM, said:

I took it into my local airsoft shop and they got it fixed although in my pre testing trying to get it fixed i burned out the battery so now i have to get a new one, so i have another question:
Current battery 9.4v (burned out) : it had a decent firing rate but wansnt fast enough.
Battery before the 9.4v was i think 12 v : was a perfect firing speed but caused misfires on semi and would not always shoot full auto so that's why i switched to 9.4v (now before you post my local shop said 12v is compatible) so what voltage should i get now?

I was wondering if you could tell me what they did to get it working? I have the exact same issue. After I removed the motor it will not fire. Exact same symptoms. I was going to take the gear box apart but if you know what they did that would really help me out a lot. Thanks.

#12 LcsFletcher

LcsFletcher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:56 AM

View Postwolfreaper, on 26 February 2013 - 05:48 AM, said:

I was wondering if you could tell me what they did to get it working? I have the exact same issue. After I removed the motor it will not fire. Exact same symptoms. I was going to take the gear box apart but if you know what they did that would really help me out a lot. Thanks.

I dont quite know he took it into another room and within 30 seconds i heard it firing again, and the shop was to busy for me to ask him how he did it.

#13 Wgusler

Wgusler

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

No No No, to the overpriced no-name batterys, Look here:
http://www.hobbyking...RSOFT_Pack.html
9 dollars and change for either one. Only catch is it takes sometimes 1-2 weeks for delivery

#14 snak3

snak3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

I'd try not to run anything higher than 1600mah on a 11.1
It will wear your internals fast.

#15 LcsFletcher

LcsFletcher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:35 PM

View PostWgusler, on 26 February 2013 - 05:24 PM, said:

No No No, to the overpriced no-name batterys, Look here:
9 dollars and change for either one. Only catch is it takes sometimes 1-2 weeks for delivery

Personally Id like to go with evike even if their more money because they can get it shipped here in 1-2 days and their store is only 30 min away.
So how about this one http://www.evike.com...oducts_id=37847
its 2000mah will that hurt or wear anything in my gun?

#16 Disrupter911

Disrupter911

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Firearms | Airsofting | Photography | Gaming | 360&PC | Motorsports

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:27 AM

View Postsnak3, on 26 February 2013 - 06:20 PM, said:

I'd try not to run anything higher than 1600mah on a 11.1
It will wear your internals fast.

the mAh has nothing to do with output, only duration.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: motor, stopped, firing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users