Jump to content


Airsoft Gi Just Got Their Shipment In Today!


  • Please log in to reply
281 replies to this topic

#261 dino325

dino325

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hawaii
  • Country:

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:57 PM

View PostR_King91303, on 15 May 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

Luckily I am on the larger side, but it took all of my weight pushing down on the delta, just for you Nite:

Delta ring side:
Posted Image

Front post side:
Posted Image



---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?mic1kf
Posted from my iPhone

King, when possible, can you please show the inner barrel assembly and just the inner barrel striped down to see what the end looks like so we can determine what aftermarket options we might have. Thank you so much..

#262 Nitemare

Nitemare

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Country:

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:28 PM

View PostR_King91303, on 15 May 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

Luckily I am on the larger side, but it took all of my weight pushing down on the delta, just for you Nite


---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?mic1kf
Posted from my iPhone

Awesome, thanks!

#263 aaps59

aaps59

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York City
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.
  • Country:

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:37 PM

Want to do big ol' Aaps a favor and take a picture of the top rail? Im interested.

#264 R_King91303

R_King91303

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canoga Park, CA
  • Interests:Airsoft, Texas Hold'em, Research (learning new shizz)
  • Country:

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:58 PM

View Postdino325, on 15 May 2012 - 06:57 PM, said:


King, when possible, can you please show the inner barrel assembly and just the inner barrel striped down to see what the end looks like so we can determine what aftermarket options we might have. Thank you so much..

I don't want to steal Outlaw's thunder, I thought he was going to be the guinea pig and do a full breakdown. :)

I was more motivated with the hand guards because it was something I needed to do if I wanted to install my AR-15 hand guard rail.

My initial impression of the gun is that the wait was worth it. The hand guard is extremely sturdy, the stock wobble is normal for a RS M4, the sound volume is up there with the MP7/9, and the kick is extremely impressive. In fact, I am curious to see how lower end airsoft optics will respond with zero retention on this bad boy....


---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?s2qxtk
Posted from my iPhone

#265 R_King91303

R_King91303

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canoga Park, CA
  • Interests:Airsoft, Texas Hold'em, Research (learning new shizz)
  • Country:

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:02 PM

View Postaaps59, on 15 May 2012 - 07:37 PM, said:

Want to do big ol' Aaps a favor and take a picture of the top rail? Im interested.

I packed it up for the night, but I can do it tomorrow. From what angle / view did you need?


---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?sboeur
Posted from my iPhone

#266 Paullouisj

Paullouisj

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hurst, Texas
  • Interests:Airsoft, Real Steel shooting and tactics.
  • Country:

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:21 AM

Just a tip on removing hand guards from delta ring. They make a handguard removal tool for AR-15 etc I have one by Pro mag also if you don't want to spend money on dedicated tool find some channel lock pliers etc. with rubber handles use them to depress delta ring they work great too videos on YouTube.

#267 aaps59

aaps59

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York City
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.
  • Country:

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:29 PM

View PostR_King91303, on 15 May 2012 - 08:02 PM, said:

I packed it up for the night, but I can do it tomorrow. From what angle / view did you need?


---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?sboeur
Posted from my iPhone
Hmm, actually, the front of the receiver where the delta ring is? I just want to see if there is a noticeable seam...

View PostPaullouisj, on 16 May 2012 - 10:21 AM, said:

Just a tip on removing hand guards from delta ring. They make a handguard removal tool for AR-15 etc I have one by Pro mag also if you don't want to spend money on dedicated tool find some channel lock pliers etc. with rubber handles use them to depress delta ring they work great too videos on YouTube.
I guess il try and see if I can get a cheap one of those AR wrenches

#268 R_King91303

R_King91303

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canoga Park, CA
  • Interests:Airsoft, Texas Hold'em, Research (learning new shizz)
  • Country:

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:10 PM

View Postaaps59, on 16 May 2012 - 01:29 PM, said:

Hmm, actually, the front of the receiver where the delta ring is? I just want to see if there is a noticeable seam...


I guess il try and see if I can get a cheap one of those AR wrenches

Posted Image

Once you get the delta ring off the first time it was not as hard to put the hand guards back on.


---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?msmjyv
Posted from my iPhone

#269 aaps59

aaps59

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York City
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.
  • Country:

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:12 PM

View PostR_King91303, on 16 May 2012 - 03:10 PM, said:

Posted Image

Once you get the delta ring off the first time it was not as hard to put the hand guards back on.


---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?msmjyv
Posted from my iPhone
Thank you very much! I guess the seam isn't noticeable at all. Not that I was expecting it to be. I hope you have fun with your LM4! Stop taking pictures for us and go field the damn thing haha!

#270 R_King91303

R_King91303

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canoga Park, CA
  • Interests:Airsoft, Texas Hold'em, Research (learning new shizz)
  • Country:

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:21 PM

View Postaaps59, on 16 May 2012 - 03:12 PM, said:

Thank you very much! I guess the seam isn't noticeable at all. Not that I was expecting it to be. I hope you have fun with your LM4! Stop taking pictures for us and go field the damn thing haha!

What I would perceive to be the seem is actually on the first rail block closest to the delta ring. It's the darker line on the left side. I really don't know if in fact it's the seam as it is only visible on that first block.

I won't be able to field it until Memorial Day weekend. :(

In the meantime I get to play dress up with the gun like a Barbie. :-|


---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?hvoetx
Posted from my iPhone

#271 aaps59

aaps59

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York City
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.
  • Country:

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:28 PM

View PostR_King91303, on 16 May 2012 - 03:21 PM, said:


In the meantime I get to play dress up with the gun like a Barbie. :-|
---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?hvoetx
Posted from my iPhone
The best part of airsoft.

#272 dino325

dino325

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hawaii
  • Country:

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:42 PM

Woohoo! Awaiting my other furniture to get in next week. And restocked magazines soon! Like a kid in a candy store..

Attached Files


Edited by dino325, 16 May 2012 - 03:47 PM.


#273 Raptor72

Raptor72

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Annapolis, MD
  • Country:

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:58 PM

You wont see a seam.  The rail is a separate part mounted on top of the receiver covering the seam.

#274 aaps59

aaps59

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York City
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.
  • Country:

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:01 PM

View PostRaptor72, on 16 May 2012 - 03:58 PM, said:

You wont see a seam.  The rail is a separate part mounted on top of the receiver covering the seam.
Yeah, thats why I asked to see the front of the receiver. I wanted to see if there was any seam visible there, where it isn't covered by rail. I guess not!

#275 dino325

dino325

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hawaii
  • Country:

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:00 PM

Seam is slightly visible but nothing to worry about.. Haven't figured out how to remove the inner barrel yet.. Ideas?

#276 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft
  • Country:

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:29 PM

View Postaaps59, on 16 May 2012 - 03:12 PM, said:

Thank you very much! I guess the seam isn't noticeable at all. Not that I was expecting it to be. I hope you have fun with your LM4! Stop taking pictures for us and go field the damn thing haha!
The seam would be under the rail system. Take a look at the parts diagram. Seam of the two receivers, then reinforced with a rail top to make it "seem" like the seam is seamless... see what I did there?

#277 aaps59

aaps59

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York City
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.
  • Country:

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 16 May 2012 - 05:29 PM, said:

The seam would be under the rail system. Take a look at the parts diagram. Seam of the two receivers, then reinforced with a rail top to make it "seem" like the seam is seamless... see what I did there?
I know its under the rail system. But the rail only covers the top of the receiver. Thats why I wanted to see the front of the receiver to see if there was a seam there.

#278 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft
  • Country:

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:43 PM

I know it's nothing to worry about, but I think I found the seam.

Posted Image

#279 aaps59

aaps59

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York City
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.
  • Country:

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:52 PM

Actually, I think thats a different seam haha!

#280 R_King91303

R_King91303

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canoga Park, CA
  • Interests:Airsoft, Texas Hold'em, Research (learning new shizz)
  • Country:

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:38 PM

View Postaaps59, on 16 May 2012 - 05:52 PM, said:

Actually, I think thats a different seam haha!

Wow Outlaw has amazing photo perception

Posted Image

The seam has been identified.


---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?q1m4ry
Posted from my iPhone




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users