Why is the rate of fire slow on my kwa sr5?

kwa sr5 rate of fire 11.1 lipo deans

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,511 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:10 PM

View Postiwamofo, on 17 February 2014 - 06:57 PM, said:

After remeasuring the heights of the two motors, I was incorrect by saying there was a half a cm difference.  It is around 1mm but there is a difference which is evident because of the fact the sr10 motor had to be adjusted to get the correct height in the sr5.  The sr10 motor would give the screechy high pitch sound so it was pretty obvious it had to be adjusted.  I would take a picture of it but it is difficult to see on camera.  I pretty sure they are the same type motor. The shell, labeling, and brush springs are the same.  It's just that one is a little taller than the other.
Makes sense.  Thank you for the clarification.

#22 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,875 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:50 AM

It has been my experience that every time I change a motor even if it's the same make and model the motor height had to be adjusted.  The dimensions of the motor can be a bit different from motor to motor but most of the time it's the way the pinion is installed on the motor that can offset the overall length of the motor.  Another reason can be that the angle of the pinion gear teeth is different by a few degrees which can not be seen easily.

#23 iwamofo

iwamofo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:27 PM

I'm here to confirm that the battery was the problem.  Got a new battery and getting 22.5 RPS with a 11.1V 1200 mah battery.  Do not get Lion Power lipos. They are terrible.

#24 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,511 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:45 PM

View Postiwamofo, on 24 February 2014 - 07:27 PM, said:

I'm here to confirm that the battery was the problem.  Got a new battery and getting 22.5 RPS with a 11.1V 1200 mah battery.  Do not get Lion Power lipos. They are terrible.
Thank you for the update.  I'm glad the issues is resolved.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kwa sr5, rate of fire, 11.1 lipo, deans

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users