• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Wizardlife

Wizardlife

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:21 PM

So i purchased my first GBB airsoft pistol last week after reading a lot of possitive reviews about the KWA m226 and KWA in general. I absolutely love the pistol and have been enjoying the purchase, it shoots straight and the weight a feel is spot on.

A couple nights ago I was shooting and my rear sights came flying off, which needless to say was a bit of a let down. I looked it up online and it seems this is a common problem and the consensus seems to be loctite the sights on.  

Now while I am cappable of buying some loctite and "fixing" my problem something about "hot fixing" a brand new $170 pistol doesn't sit well with me. Is this a warrenty issue? is it worth having KWA fix this for me or is there nothing to fix? I know that the sights use a dovetail system to hold themselves in place but clearly that isn't working on my pistol (and many others if the internet has anything to say about it.)

Any input would be fantastic.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,304 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:30 PM

View PostWizardlife, on 07 June 2013 - 05:21 PM, said:

So i purchased my first GBB airsoft pistol last week after reading a lot of possitive reviews about the KWA m226 and KWA in general. I absolutely love the pistol and have been enjoying the purchase, it shoots straight and the weight a feel is spot on.

A couple nights ago I was shooting and my rear sights came flying off, which needless to say was a bit of a let down. I looked it up online and it seems this is a common problem and the consensus seems to be loctite the sights on.  

Now while I am cappable of buying some loctite and "fixing" my problem something about "hot fixing" a brand new $170 pistol doesn't sit well with me. Is this a warrenty issue? is it worth having KWA fix this for me or is there nothing to fix? I know that the sights use a dovetail system to hold themselves in place but clearly that isn't working on my pistol (and many others if the internet has anything to say about it.)

Any input would be fantastic.
I hear you.  I had to glue my ATP sights (and my M19 rear sight). Personally, I would do the loctite and call it a day.  It sure beats sending it in and having to wait.

#3 MikeyBiker

MikeyBiker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:22 AM

My grandson is in exactly the same predicament.  Although I have both red and blue Loctite, I'm reluctant to use it for two reasons...  First ~ I probably won't get the aim point perfect, and the dovetails are supposed to be adjustable for azimuth.  Second ~ the color will need some hokey touch up with a Sharpie to blend in with the finish.  My question:  "What is the slide made of?"  I want it to be a metal that I can dimple with a pointed punch, to tighten up the slack in the dovetails.  If it is cheap material and I cannot upset some height to the bottom surface, I will fire a few rounds from a machine rest and roughly center the sight picture, then use Loctite.   This is a severe design defect in an otherwise fine piece of hardware.

#4 Icurblud

Icurblud

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:37 PM

Crazy I just noticed this today on my 226.  The rear sight moves back and forth.  I completely disassembled the gun and there is no screw to tighten it down. Not even a set screw.  It's just pressure fit?  My ---- brand 1911 has tiny grub set screw to keep from moving.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users