• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 JPOK

JPOK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:19 PM

I have basically ran into every issue here on the ATP forum.

I have the issue of the mag leaking down the barrel, I made sure the recoil bumper was installed correctly which on this version looks like it was put in backwards.

ATP kept randomly venting gas down the barrel and not always cycling lubed the hammer and trigger mechanistic which seemed to help for a few mags, not the slide is basically frozen and I can't break the gun down any advice? Little disappointed to be honest have a KWA HK and it functioned flawlessly out of the box.

Thanks.

#2 JPOK

JPOK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:27 PM

Was able to get the slide off, weird how it got bound up. . . still not sure how it managed that. Thinking possibly the spring guide got bound up, jury is still out on the gas venting will test a few more mags.

#3 JPOK

JPOK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:41 PM

Seems to be hit and miss on the mag venting down the barrel.

#4 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:24 AM

Hop on the Help Desk at set up a warranty ticket, we'll take a look at it for you.

#5 xX Chaotic Cam

xX Chaotic Cam

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft(no kidding?), real firearms, cars.

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:25 PM

Mine is having the same problems. Sometimes it will fire on releasing the slide and just ten minutes ago, I pulled it from my holster on my little jury-rigged time trial  course and I racked the slide when pointing it at my leg and it went off. Not only that but it fired about 4 times. I have oiled the firing mech. and cleaned the slide rails on both the slide and frame but it is still giving me problems. There also ALOT of wear on the recoil spring guide. I will try to post a picture if possible.

#6 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:27 PM

View PostxX Chaotic Cam, on 13 November 2011 - 05:25 PM, said:

Mine is having the same problems. Sometimes it will fire on releasing the slide and just ten minutes ago, I pulled it from my holster on my little jury-rigged time trial  course and I racked the slide when pointing it at my leg and it went off. Not only that but it fired about 4 times. I have oiled the firing mech. and cleaned the slide rails on both the slide and frame but it is still giving me problems. There also ALOT of wear on the recoil spring guide. I will try to post a picture if possible.

You too should jump on the help desk for a warranty repair. they will tak care of your issues.

#7 xX Chaotic Cam

xX Chaotic Cam

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft(no kidding?), real firearms, cars.

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:02 PM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 13 November 2011 - 08:27 PM, said:

You too should jump on the help desk for a warranty repair. they will tak care of your issues.
I wanna test it a little bit more before I send it off. I'm gonna try everything I possibly can without voiding my warranty. :gun:

#8 JPOK

JPOK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:55 PM

I was able to address all the issues with my ATP using information found on this form.
I tore down the ATP completely and thoroughly cleaning and re-oiling. In doing so I found the recoil bumper had been installed backwards I installed the recall bumper properly adding a few drops of loop to the front facing section. The section of the ATP which required the most attention was the hammer and striker components. With the hammer up I oiled the hammer and striker sections of the assembly was a liberal amount of lube.

Once the ATP was reassembled I worked the receiver in a cocking motion as well as dry firing ATP. This was done in the hopes that the parts were better break-in and run smoothly.

Currently I have had no issues with my ATP after firing three full mags at different temperature ranges.

A properly working ATP fires crisp, quick and with decent recoil. I'm very pleased with the ergonomics and overall body design of the ATP. Form myself the pistol is very easy to manipulate and transition with. With features that many real still shooters can understand and appreciate.

I am extremely happy with my purchase of a KWA ATP.

#9 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:24 AM

I am glad you were able to resolve the issues on your own.  However, for those of you that do not know your way around a GBB pistol I highly recommend you send it in to KWA for repair.  There are just too many delicate parts like those springs for example that can get damaged if you don't know how to work the repair properly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users