#1 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Paintball, Sports, My girlfriend, Knives and Real Steel

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:35 PM

The past couple of days I've been plinking with my gun, it hasn't been shooting quite right. It always cycles and shoots, but about half the time in semi, the BB doesn't even make it out of the suppressor which is 7 and a half inches long. Then on auto, some of the BBs still get caught in the suppressor, but others just barely making it out of the suppressor and fall about a foot away. Sometimes I get lucky and can shoot across my back yard. Any ideas as to what's wrong? It also sometimes skips and dry fires on just about all 6 mags I have, including the K120. The others are JG metal  hi caps that have always fed fine before then. Could it be something in the barrel? Hop up maybe?

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,595 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:30 PM

View PostStealthTaskForce, on 16 June 2014 - 04:35 PM, said:

The past couple of days I've been plinking with my gun, it hasn't been shooting quite right. It always cycles and shoots, but about half the time in semi, the BB doesn't even make it out of the suppressor which is 7 and a half inches long. Then on auto, some of the BBs still get caught in the suppressor, but others just barely making it out of the suppressor and fall about a foot away. Sometimes I get lucky and can shoot across my back yard. Any ideas as to what's wrong? It also sometimes skips and dry fires on just about all 6 mags I have, including the K120. The others are JG metal  hi caps that have always fed fine before then. Could it be something in the barrel? Hop up maybe?
When you say suppressor, are you referring to the bird cage muzzle break that came with the gun or an after market barrel extension?  If it is the later, which my guess it is, take it off and fire the gun to see if that (the barrel extension) is the issue. Putting on a barrel extension/mock suppressor that is significantly longer than the inner barrel is not a good idea.

#3 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:42 PM

That's what my dad suggested. I've never had a problem with it at all before, it just gives a cool sound to it as the BBs fly through. It did occur to me though that I had taken off the extension and may not have threaded it on straight causing the BBs to sometimes hit the end of it. Otherwise if that's not the problem, could it be a dirty barrel causing the misfires? I did play in the woods a day after heavy rain, but my rifle didn't take a spill or anything.

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,595 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:50 PM

View PostStealthTaskForce, on 16 June 2014 - 05:42 PM, said:

That's what my dad suggested. I've never had a problem with it at all before, it just gives a cool sound to it as the BBs fly through. It did occur to me though that I had taken off the extension and may not have threaded it on straight causing the BBs to sometimes hit the end of it. Otherwise if that's not the problem, could it be a dirty barrel causing the misfires? I did play in the woods a day after heavy rain, but my rifle didn't take a spill or anything.
Why not take it off and determine if that's the issue?  If it is, you can always get a longer inner barrel.  Though other mods may be needed to attain the FPS you want.

#5 uriahskates

uriahskates

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Skateboarding, Airsofting, Adventuring.

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:55 PM

I have never had that problem with my suppressor.. Though I do love the sound it makes :thumbsup: My answer is pretty similar to gcw's. If your barrel is stock, then I believe that extra 7.5 inches gives just enough time for the bb to move around just enough just so that it hits the end of your suppressor. The reason I don't experience the problem you are facing is because my barrel is not stock and there is only around an inch between the end of my barrel and the end of my suppressor. I sometimes experience the problem you face whenever I switch out my barrel to my stock barrel which allows around 6 inches for the bb to move around. As for the dry firing, inspect your bucking and barrel. The bucking could possibly be torn or not in the right place, or your nub could be out of it's little chamber. A guy came up to me last week to fix his gun which would dry fire at times and shoot like 30 feet. The reason it did that was because the nub was out of place. It took like 5 minutes to fix :lol: I hope you figure out what is wrong with your gun and get it back up and running! Best of luck.

#6 SR105

SR105

Tech

• KWA Staff
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:11 AM

Another common problem that I have encountered with users installing parts onto the front threading is that the part being installed actually pushes the inner barrel backwards into the hop up unit, damaging parts of the hop up unit and causing an air leak. Typically it is part #2, the part responsible for keeping the inner barrel in the correct position in the hop up unit. If you have a chance, check to see if everything is okay with the hop up & inner barrel assembly.

#7 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:17 AM

What would be a sign that they're getting mashed together? I just took out the inner barrel and hop up assembly and everything looks fine. I do need this up and running by this weekend though as I'm going to Ballahack and I only have one chance to go for a long time. I'm about to go test fire and see how the shots are doing. I tried last night, but it was in the dark so I couldn't see how they were flying.

EDIT: When I first put the magazine in, I shot a couple times on semi and the first two shots were fine, dry fired one, then the next was a double BB shot. After that it shot fine a couple times, and then skipped 3 shots and fired 4. I switched it to auto and held it for about 6 or  7 seconds and it didn't skip any, and then when I switched it back to semi it didn't skip again. Does ANYONE know what that could be?

Edited by StealthTaskForce, 17 June 2014 - 08:27 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users