Jump to content


New Double Stack Mag Problems


  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 ProllyNotAProllem

ProllyNotAProllem

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Country:

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:03 PM

I just ordered a new 21 rd double stack for my Mk1 from LAWINGS airsoft, and it got here today. The installation instructions WERE NOT INCLUDED in the packaging, and the mag catch did not have an allen wrench screw but a flathead one. The mag catch will not catch the magazine, and the mag just falls out. The slide lock seems fine. Any idea what's wrong with it? I installed using a friends instruction manual

#2 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,545 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:19 PM

View PostProllyNotAProllem, on 15 May 2013 - 05:03 PM, said:

I just ordered a new 21 rd double stack for my Mk1 from LAWINGS airsoft, and it got here today. The installation instructions WERE NOT INCLUDED in the packaging, and the mag catch did not have an allen wrench screw but a flathead one. The mag catch will not catch the magazine, and the mag just falls out. The slide lock seems fine. Any idea what's wrong with it? I installed using a friends instruction manual
Sounds like you got the wrong mag catch.  I would contact the reseller ASAP.

#3 ProllyNotAProllem

ProllyNotAProllem

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Country:

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:19 PM

Okay, is LAWINGS not trusted? I'll call them up now

#4 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,545 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:25 PM

View PostProllyNotAProllem, on 15 May 2013 - 05:19 PM, said:

Okay, is LAWINGS not trusted? I'll call them up now
Where are they located?

#5 ProllyNotAProllem

ProllyNotAProllem

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Country:

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:29 PM

I can't find the exact location, but based on how quickly I received the product and the name I'm guessing West Coast US.

#6 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,545 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:33 PM

View PostProllyNotAProllem, on 15 May 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

I can't find the exact location, but based on how quickly I received the product and the name I'm guessing West Coast US.
LA Wings are an internet based company based on there own website.  KWA does not provide "official reseller" designation to companies that are exclusively internet sellers.  Because of this, there is no warranty offered for KWA products sold through these vendors.  That said, they may be completely legit and this my have been a mistake.  Let us know how this all works out.

#7 ProllyNotAProllem

ProllyNotAProllem

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Country:

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:34 PM

Yeah, their amazon page had solid backing but I guess that doesn't mean much nowadays.

#8 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,545 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:37 PM

View PostProllyNotAProllem, on 15 May 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

Yeah, their amazon page had solid backing but I guess that doesn't mean much nowadays.
It may be alright.  They state that they offer a 30 day warranty and in this case it sounds like they sent the wrong stuff to you.

#9 ProllyNotAProllem

ProllyNotAProllem

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Country:

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:48 PM

View Postgcw360, on 15 May 2013 - 05:37 PM, said:

It may be alright.  They state that they offer a 30 day warranty and in this case it sounds like they sent the wrong stuff to you.
I sure hope so. I've been waiting for KWA MK series magazines for well over nine months now. When it finally got to my house I was just like "YES!" and then when it didn't work I was so disappointed. Especially since the handgun is so good, it's too bad I haven't been able to use it in the last few months.

#10 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,545 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

View PostProllyNotAProllem, on 15 May 2013 - 05:48 PM, said:

I sure hope so. I've been waiting for KWA MK series magazines for well over nine months now. When it finally got to my house I was just like "YES!" and then when it didn't work I was so disappointed. Especially since the handgun is so good, it's too bad I haven't been able to use it in the last few months.
Trust me...I feel your pain.

#11 ProllyNotAProllem

ProllyNotAProllem

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Country:

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:03 PM

Well, I'll come back once I've got further information. Thanks for the help, man!

#12 ProllyNotAProllem

ProllyNotAProllem

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Country:

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:30 PM

Well, I am leaving it at a local shop since I dont want to ship it to KWA when I can get a free diagnostic here too. So that'll likely fix it, but I couldn't find iut the cause lf the problem. UGH

#13 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,545 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:49 AM

View PostProllyNotAProllem, on 16 May 2013 - 07:30 PM, said:

Well, I am leaving it at a local shop since I dont want to ship it to KWA when I can get a free diagnostic here too. So that'll likely fix it, but I couldn't find iut the cause lf the problem. UGH
All you need is the new mag catch and you should be fine.

#14 ProllyNotAProllem

ProllyNotAProllem

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Country:

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:11 PM

Just got the new mag catch, it works now. Still pretty mad how long it took and that they sent a defective one.

#15 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,545 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:16 PM

View PostProllyNotAProllem, on 30 July 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

Just got the new mag catch, it works now. Still pretty mad how long it took and that they sent a defective one.
Understood.  That's probably a vendor you should avoid in the future.

#16 mproia

mproia

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Country:

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:05 AM

View PostProllyNotAProllem, on 30 July 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

Just got the new mag catch, it works now. Still pretty mad how long it took and that they sent a defective one.

I have this upgrade as well but I find the magazine needs to be pushed up into the 1911 with a little more force to lock it now than when the original catch and mag were used.  Does yours work as easily to lock the magazine in place as the original catch or does it take a little more effort as mine does? It works, I was just curious.

Thanks

Edited by mproia, 02 August 2013 - 09:07 AM.


#17 BootlegGucci

BootlegGucci

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Country:

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:26 AM

View Postmproia, on 02 August 2013 - 09:05 AM, said:

I have this upgrade as well but I find the magazine needs to be pushed up into the 1911 with a little more force to lock it now than when the original catch and mag were used.  Does yours work as easily to lock the magazine in place as the original catch or does it take a little more effort as mine does? It works, I was just curious.

Thanks

I just recently purchase a Mk II from Airsoft GI. It came with a 21 round double stack magazine. However I'm having the same issue as you, mproia. The magazine requires a good solid tap to make sure it seats. But this only happens with a magazine filled up to or close to capacity. Also the BB's stick in the magazine. After I fire a few rounds the magazine stops feeding. I take the magazine out and I see that the next BB is stuck just slightly short of the feed lips. Maybe it's my BB's? Doesn't make sense to lube the area where the BB's sit.

#18 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,545 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:33 AM

View PostBootlegGucci, on 22 August 2013 - 05:26 AM, said:

I just recently purchase a Mk II from Airsoft GI. It came with a 21 round double stack magazine. However I'm having the same issue as you, mproia. The magazine requires a good solid tap to make sure it seats. But this only happens with a magazine filled up to or close to capacity. Also the BB's stick in the magazine. After I fire a few rounds the magazine stops feeding. I take the magazine out and I see that the next BB is stuck just slightly short of the feed lips. Maybe it's my BB's? Doesn't make sense to lube the area where the BB's sit.
Does this happen with a partially filed mag too?

#19 BootlegGucci

BootlegGucci

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Country:

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:02 PM

View Postgcw360, on 22 August 2013 - 09:33 AM, said:

Does this happen with a partially filed mag too?

So with 20 BB's in the magazine, when I seat the magazine in the magazine well (with the slide forward) it will bounce back unless I push the bottom of the magazine to ensure it seats and it caught by the magazine catch. When I remove the magazine I notice that the top BB is loose and not being pressed against the feed lips by the follower. I unloaded BB's from the magazine until it started to seat with a firm tap instead of a press. After about 2 rounds it becomes easier to seat the magazine. So to answer your question; the magazine not seating doesn't happen as much with less rounds in the magazine however the issue of BB's sticking still occurs.

Another issue is after a removing a few rounds, when I remove the magazine I see the BB's stuck just below the feed lips. I pull the follower all the way down and lock it and the BB's are stuck in their position. I'm guessing there may be some factory grease or lubricant gumming up the channel where the BB's stack. I'm going to try to clean out the channel and maybe very lightly lube the follower and see what happens.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users