#1 Larry

Larry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:07 PM

Hey guys,
Just picked up an atp today, Shot some ElIte Force .28s thru it and got hop adjusted. Nice gun, was also shooting my sons kjw 1911 he just got. Not nearly the kick of his, but the atp was very smooth. Went from soda can to soda can a little faster than with his kjw, atp just didn't jump around as much. First question, heard .4s work really good. Watched a fellow player shoot his a long ways, said he was just using .4s (no other mods).  Hard to belive they were .4s. Don't want to waste money on a bag of .40s for nothing, have any of you tried this. Second, how about a better barrel. Waste of time or not.  Looking for a little more range.

Edited by Larry, 08 February 2014 - 09:07 PM.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,565 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:53 PM

View PostLarry, on 08 February 2014 - 09:07 PM, said:

Hey guys,
Just picked up an atp today, Shot some ElIte Force .28s thru it and got hop adjusted. Nice gun, was also shooting my sons kjw 1911 he just got. Not nearly the kick of his, but the atp was very smooth. Went from soda can to soda can a little faster than with his kjw, atp just didn't jump around as much. First question, heard .4s work really good. Watched a fellow player shoot his a long ways, said he was just using .4s (no other mods).  Hard to belive they were .4s. Don't want to waste money on a bag of .40s for nothing, have any of you tried this. Second, how about a better barrel. Waste of time or not.  Looking for a little more range.
Some swear by TBB in pistols.  Personally, I don't typically use them simply because my pistol is used to clear rooms.  A TBB won't do crap at 20 ft...Now, if you want a nice upgrade, simply add an enhanced spring guide.  Element, Matrix, and Guarder all have them.  Look for the M17 (KWA/KSC) version.  It will increase the kick and the gun should still cycle fine in all but cold weather.

Niko and I both have done this with good results.

#3 Larry

Larry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:27 PM

Thanks, will try to find one. Just got back from the field, lot of atp owners there. We were talking about upgrades there also. Most of them haved put the PDI barrel in,  shoot .4s,  and also have installed the Guarder spring guide. Shot one with the guide in it, and like you said, nice kick to it. Upgrades will have to wait. Seems like every store around me is out of everything. Thank you for the reply gcw360.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users