Jump to content


M9 PTP Magazine Disassembly


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 YoYo

YoYo

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 03:21 PM

My magazine for my KWA M9 PTP is leaking out of the fill valve and someone suggested to disassemble it and try to see if one of the o-rings are have been bumped out of place. So what do i need to do to get the base plate off? It looks like there is a small hex screw at the bottom of the base plate, Any help from a mod or someone who owns the PTP would be great! Thanks.

#2 Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Location:San Francisco, CA

Posted 18 September 2008 - 12:42 PM

You don't need to take the screw out to take the base plate off.  There's a little button you push in so you can slide the base plate off.

Then you can unscrew the gas charge valve (part 111) and push out the pins that hold the side plates together which should allow you to disassemble the rest.

That being said, I've never had to disassemble the internals, but from the diagram, that looks like what you need to do.

http://store.kwausa....ptp_hvy_mag.jpg

#3 YoYo

YoYo

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 02:27 PM

 Doctor Kajita, on Sep 18 2008, 01:42 PM, said:

You don't need to take the screw out to take the base plate off.  There's a little button you push in so you can slide the base plate off.

Then you can unscrew the gas charge valve (part 111) and push out the pins that hold the side plates together which should allow you to disassemble the rest.

That being said, I've never had to disassemble the internals, but from the diagram, that looks like what you need to do.

http://store.kwausa....ptp_hvy_mag.jpg

There are no buttons on the mag to push that would make it so that i can slide the base plate off. However it does look like parts 907/944 can be punched out? Anyone to verify this? Radix, Allizard..

#4 Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Location:San Francisco, CA

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:28 PM

 YoYo, on Sep 18 2008, 03:27 PM, said:

There are no buttons on the mag to push that would make it so that i can slide the base plate off. However it does look like parts 907/944 can be punched out? Anyone to verify this? Radix, Allizard..

There is a small  hole at the bottom of the base plate.  Use a small allen wrench that will fit inside of it which will push the button (it's actually the bottom of the magazine slide), which will then allow you to slide the plate off.

#5 YoYo

YoYo

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 03:56 PM

 Doctor Kajita, on Sep 19 2008, 04:28 PM, said:

There is a small  hole at the bottom of the base plate.  Use a small allen wrench that will fit inside of it which will push the button (it's actually the bottom of the magazine slide), which will then allow you to slide the plate off.

Alright, so i have gotten the base plate off and now im stuck at the next step.. How do i get to the fill valve after i take off the base plate?

#6 Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Location:San Francisco, CA

Posted 22 September 2008 - 11:08 AM

 YoYo, on Sep 21 2008, 04:56 PM, said:

Alright, so i have gotten the base plate off and now im stuck at the next step.. How do i get to the fill valve after i take off the base plate?

Use a small flat head screw driver.

#7 YoYo

YoYo

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 01:01 PM

 Doctor Kajita, on Sep 22 2008, 12:08 PM, said:

Use a small flat head screw driver.

Okay and how does the screw driver get it out? Am i in a way prying it out because i dont see any types of threads for a screwdriver?

#8 Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Location:San Francisco, CA

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:33 AM

 YoYo, on Sep 22 2008, 02:01 PM, said:

Okay and how does the screw driver get it out? Am i in a way prying it out because i dont see any types of threads for a screwdriver?

There should be two notches that allow the flat head to fit into.  It will not require a lot of force to get it loose.

Edited by Doctor Kajita, 24 September 2008 - 10:33 AM.


#9 YoYo

YoYo

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 11:40 AM

 Doctor Kajita, on Sep 24 2008, 11:33 AM, said:

There should be two notches that allow the flat head to fit into.  It will not require a lot of force to get it loose.

Alright i was able to get the charging valve out very easily, the o-ring did not look out of place. I put some silicone oil on it and put it back in and tightened it back up and it still leaking. Any other suggestions to why it is leaking? Is it just a faulty charging valve?

#10 Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Location:San Francisco, CA

Posted 27 September 2008 - 05:59 PM

 YoYo, on Sep 27 2008, 12:40 PM, said:

Alright i was able to get the charging valve out very easily, the o-ring did not look out of place. I put some silicone oil on it and put it back in and tightened it back up and it still leaking. Any other suggestions to why it is leaking? Is it just a faulty charging valve?

Try replacing the o-ring.

#11 YoYo

YoYo

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 11:08 PM

 Doctor Kajita, on Sep 27 2008, 06:59 PM, said:

Try replacing the o-ring.

Okay, do you or does anyone know where i can get a replacement o-ring or what size it is?

#12 Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Location:San Francisco, CA

Posted 28 September 2008 - 08:03 PM

 YoYo, on Sep 28 2008, 12:08 AM, said:

Okay, do you or does anyone know where i can get a replacement o-ring or what size it is?

Any hardware store in the plumbing section.  Take the o-ring with you and match it up.  Buy varying sizes just in case.  They're so cheap, it's not really a big deal.

Also, I'm sure the Pro Shop has it, but the one you buy at the hardware store will probably be a little beefier, therefore creating a better seal.

Edited by Doctor Kajita, 28 September 2008 - 08:04 PM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users