#1 Tech-D

Tech-D

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Tae Kwon Do, Airsoft, Photography, Sportbikes

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:46 AM

I just purchased a KWA ATP and an extra MAG on Saturday from my local Army/Navy store who is an authorized KWA dealer.  As usual the sales person filled one of the MAGs up with gas and did a mag of test firing.  Which seemed to be good.  I got the gun home I filled up both MAGs with King Arms gas and .25s that I had.  The first MAG I shot I was able to get a total of 4-5 shots out before the gun expelled the gas out of the muzzle.

I ejected that MAG and checked my gun to make sure nothing (BBs) were obstructing anything it was clean so I tried my 2nd MAG.  The same thing after only 4-5 shots.  So I boxed up my gun and took it back to my Army/Navy store and informed them of the issue with the hopes that they would swap it out with a new one.  The guy behind the counter had told me that out of the 4 they had sold 3 of them have had issues.  Some ranging from double feeding, having to cock the gun back after each shot, and the gas expelling such as mine.  I was also informed that I would have to talk to the manager because KWA doesn't allow defective returns.  That I would need to go through KWA for my warranty.

Later that night I did talk with the manager of the store and he informed me he was very sorry for the issues I was having.  He informed me that he would swap my gun for another new gun that they had.  So yesterday I took the gun to the shop and he tested it and found that after 4-5 shots the gun would expel the gas as I had explained.  He then grabbed a new gun and ran 2 mags through without the expelling issue.  He then packed up the gun and gave it to me as a swap for my defective gun.

I then took the gun home, equipped with my Green Gas, a bottle of .25s and two MAGs I went outside and to do some test firing.  The first thing I noticed was the rear site seemed to be really loose in the gun and with a gentle push of my finger would move and possibly push out.  I then filled up two MAGs and started test firing.  I was able to get through 2 mags without any issues.  I let the mags was up a bit and re-filled them.  On my 3rd, 4th, and 5th mags I had an issue where I would fire but no BBs would come out.  I cocked the gun back to see and it looked like the BB was not feeding up to the bucking properly.  So I pushed on the BBS only to find that they wouldn't feed properly.  So I would eject the mag and clear the barrel.

So my question is, why have 5 out of 6 guns at my local Army Navy store had issues?  All brand new guns and non of them were "used".  Why is it that I can't just go to my store and swap out the gun for one that might work?  I can understand if I had the gun and have been using it for a number of days but I've been unable to get more then 2 good MAGs out of the gun before it starts experiencing issues.

I've purchased KWA because of the slogan that "Engineered to Outperform".  Please as a valued customer don't let me down.  This is NOT my first KWA purchase, please don't let it be my last.

Yes I do understand that I can open an RMA but I really would hate to be without my gun for a minimum of 2 weeks since it is BRAND NEW.

Thanks in advance,
Darren M. Fitzgerald

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:36 AM

Mine had a similar issue and the fix was as simple as adding some drops of silicone oil that comes with the gun on the hammer/firing mechanism.  I let it soak for a few minutes and worked the slide and dry fired a few times. I then cleaned the slide rails on both the slide and lower frame and that seemed to do the trick.  On mine when I got it, it was almost devoid of oil and the moving parts were not operating smoothly.  It could have been a small burr in the assembly (not sure) but as the gun was broken in the problem went away.  I am not saying this is YOUR issue but try it since it will not void your warranty by doing so.
If not, you should send it in and I completely understand about not having a NEW gun for 2 weeks or so but it's a problem other than what I have mentioned, the internal on the lower frame may need to be reset so I highly recommend sending it in.

#3 Tech-D

Tech-D

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:57 AM

Niko:

Thanks for the suggestion, I read that suggestion on one of the other threads and was going to try that tonight.  I will keep you up to date on the progress.

Thanks again,
Darren

#4 Tech-D

Tech-D

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:48 PM

Niko:

Once again you have helped out and saved me.  I did add the silicone and it did the job, I had 1 double feed on the 2nd MAG, but everyone after that shot clean.  I put through about 8 MAGs tonight and it is fantastic.

Thanks again for your help,
Darren

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,301 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:51 PM

Another satisfied customer! :thumbsup:

#6 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:57 PM

View PostTech-D, on 03 October 2011 - 01:48 PM, said:

Niko:

Once again you have helped out and saved me.  I did add the silicone and it did the job, I had 1 double feed on the 2nd MAG, but everyone after that shot clean.  I put through about 8 MAGs tonight and it is fantastic.

Thanks again for your help,
Darren
My pleasure Darren.
But remember that you may need to reoil from time to time until the moving parts engage and operate smoothly on their own even with only small amount of oil.
Always a pleasure to work with members that are perceptive to suggestions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users