Jump to content


What to do before first use.....


  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 archangel

archangel

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:49 PM

Hey all

Just waiting on delivery of my MP7, which will be my first GBB gun. After reading the threads here and on other sites, I thought I would throw this topic open....

So.....

     Apart from the gas and BB's, what other consumables should I get with the gun, eg silicon grease, silicon spray, and what would brands would people recommend?

     What prep should I do before I gas and go, I know people have mentioned to clean the mags, but is it worth stripping and lubing everything straight out of the box

Thanks in advance!

Lee

#2 papabois

papabois

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Whitby, Ontario, Canada
  • Interests:Playing with toys.

Posted 13 January 2010 - 04:25 PM

I wouldn't use spray silicones.  I think the accelerants in it, swelled up my hop-up rubber.  Take it apart, and check all fasteners.  Mine were all loose.  Undo your flash-hider, and watch as you spin it, if it rotates ture.  If not, just drill it out

Sposta say if it rotates "true"., so that the BB cleares regardless.

Edited by papabois, 13 January 2010 - 04:26 PM.


#3 karMeister

karMeister

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:a small hole under a rock =P
  • Interests:EAR=((1+APR/n)^n)-1
  • Country:

Posted 13 January 2010 - 05:25 PM

Doesn't greengas already have silicone in it to lube your hop etch? External moving parts should already be prelubed from factory. A small bottle of silicon oil comes with KWA MP7. If you need more get silicone oil that isnt petroleum based. :icecream:

#4 Hitman07

Hitman07

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA
  • Interests:YouTube, Airsoft/Paintball, and Computers
  • Country:

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:47 PM

Before you shoot it clean the barrel with a torn pi.....you know what...just go watch this: (I made it)

Umarex H&K MP7 [by KWA] Clean and Maintenance Guide


#5 Spiggy

Spiggy

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:City of Industry
  • Country:

Posted 14 January 2010 - 04:34 PM

View PostkarMeister, on 13 January 2010 - 05:25 PM, said:

Doesn't greengas already have silicone in it to lube your hop etch? External moving parts should already be prelubed from factory. A small bottle of silicon oil comes with KWA MP7. If you need more get silicone oil that isnt petroleum based. :icecream:
Goggles, get goggles

:D bbs go everywhere when you stop aiming

#6 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2010 - 04:45 PM

View PostHitman07, on 13 January 2010 - 06:47 PM, said:

Before you shoot it clean the barrel with a torn pi.....you know what...just go watch this: (I made it)

Umarex H&K MP7 [by KWA] Clean and Maintenance Guide


The video is actually nicely done.

#7 Hitman07

Hitman07

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA
  • Interests:YouTube, Airsoft/Paintball, and Computers
  • Country:

Posted 16 January 2010 - 05:24 PM

View Postallizard, on 16 January 2010 - 04:45 PM, said:

The video is actually nicely done.

Thank you thank you

Edited by Hitman07, 16 January 2010 - 05:24 PM.


#8 archangel

archangel

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 12:04 PM

Thanks for the reply guys!

Just waiting for everything to be delivered

Anyone know where I can get dimensions for the 40rd mags? I am looking to get some mag pouches to store spares, and can only find one for short MP7 mags, not the longer versions!

Thanks all

Lee

#9 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,310 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 17 January 2010 - 12:26 PM

View Postarchangel, on 17 January 2010 - 12:04 PM, said:

Thanks for the reply guys!

Just waiting for everything to be delivered

Anyone know where I can get dimensions for the 40rd mags? I am looking to get some mag pouches to store spares, and can only find one for short MP7 mags, not the longer versions!

Thanks all

Lee
Here you go,: Max length = 19cm; thickness (side to side) is 2-2.75 cm (the 2cm is the body of the mag the 2.75 is the rim about half way down the 40 round mag); the depth (front to back) is 4-4.5 cm (the main body is 4cm and the plate at the bottom is 4.5cm).

:gun:

#10 archangel

archangel

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 11:56 PM

Thanks very much!!

Now to order the mag pouch for it!

Lee

#11 Hitman07

Hitman07

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA
  • Interests:YouTube, Airsoft/Paintball, and Computers
  • Country:

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:59 AM

View Postarchangel, on 17 January 2010 - 11:56 PM, said:

Thanks very much!!

Now to order the mag pouch for it!

Lee

Get some Condor M4 double mag pouches or shingles they work perfect.

#12 archangel

archangel

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 12:43 PM

Do you stack them one per pouch?

I'm trying to find something with one mag per pouch and little mag movement, someone suggested using an MP5 pouch, but looking at measurements, the MP5 mags are thinner, so not too sure at the moment.

Lee

#13 MP7dad

MP7dad

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 06:06 PM

View Postarchangel, on 18 January 2010 - 12:43 PM, said:

Do you stack them one per pouch?

I'm trying to find something with one mag per pouch and little mag movement, someone suggested using an MP5 pouch, but looking at measurements, the MP5 mags are thinner, so not too sure at the moment.

Lee
For the longer magazines, the MP5 pouches do not work because of the rib/ledge that runs around the magazine. I've used the Condor MA6 Double AR/AK which allows you to carry 4 mags since they fit in the slimmer front sectionpocket, the back pocket is bigger than needed so the pouch is a little bulky overall and having four mags all on one side with nothing else on the other side of the vest wasn't the best choice (due to weight but worked) at first but as I've added gear its balanced out.

Back to your question a single M4 mag pouch with flap works nicely as well. I haven't tried the open top but the MP7 isn't wide enough IMHO. Whatever you settle on, remember, spare mags are not cheap and it isn't all that difficult to damage the magazine lip so I wouldn't recommend using double stack configs that doesn't have a divider. I never dump more than one mag (I have 5) into my dump pouch. The rest go back into the DBl AR/AK pouch where the larger back pocket makes it easy to insert the mag while in the field. If the M4 doesn't give you enough room for your liking once you try it, the best option may be the Dbl AR/AK pouch, even if you just use the larger pocket, at until someone makes something specific for it which may take some time as its a pretty specialized GBB.

#14 archangel

archangel

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:12 PM

View PostMP7dad, on 18 January 2010 - 06:06 PM, said:

For the longer magazines, the MP5 pouches do not work because of the rib/ledge that runs around the magazine. I've used the Condor MA6 Double AR/AK which allows you to carry 4 mags since they fit in the slimmer front sectionpocket, the back pocket is bigger than needed so the pouch is a little bulky overall and having four mags all on one side with nothing else on the other side of the vest wasn't the best choice (due to weight but worked) at first but as I've added gear its balanced out.

Back to your question a single M4 mag pouch with flap works nicely as well. I haven't tried the open top but the MP7 isn't wide enough IMHO. Whatever you settle on, remember, spare mags are not cheap and it isn't all that difficult to damage the magazine lip so I wouldn't recommend using double stack configs that doesn't have a divider. I never dump more than one mag (I have 5) into my dump pouch. The rest go back into the DBl AR/AK pouch where the larger back pocket makes it easy to insert the mag while in the field. If the M4 doesn't give you enough room for your liking once you try it, the best option may be the Dbl AR/AK pouch, even if you just use the larger pocket, at until someone makes something specific for it which may take some time as its a pretty specialized GBB.


Thanks MP7Dad

I was unsure about the whole MP% mag pouch thing, as  I found the dimensions and the MP7 mags seemed slightly thicker due to the ridge. I really don't want to double stack the mags, mainly for silence and also I can just imagine pulling one mag out and bringing its partner with it! Have found that Maxpedition does double stacked MP5 pouches, which should work well for single MP7 mags!

#15 MP7dad

MP7dad

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:54 PM

View Postarchangel, on 19 January 2010 - 01:12 PM, said:

Thanks MP7Dad

I was unsure about the whole MP% mag pouch thing, as  I found the dimensions and the MP7 mags seemed slightly thicker due to the ridge. I really don't want to double stack the mags, mainly for silence and also I can just imagine pulling one mag out and bringing its partner with it! Have found that Maxpedition does double stacked MP5 pouches, which should work well for single MP7 mags!

Ironic, I've looked at a lot of Maxpedtion items lately, including ammo pouches, as I bought their new laptop case and missed that they had doublestacked MP5 pouches. Thanks for the info...




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users