kmp9 inner barrel change

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 RaedonPro

RaedonPro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:I love working on airsoft guns,playing airsoft, PS3,PC gaming, Archery,Photography, I love shoes,and I love KWA products.

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:24 PM

hello, i just got a kwa kmp9 and i want to upgrade the inner barrel. so i was wondering if an kwa lm4 inner barrel would fit/work in the gun. i have a longe enough [barrel extension] to cover it up with i just need to know if the hop up cut out will fit?

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:05 AM

View PostRaedonPro, on 19 October 2013 - 08:24 PM, said:

hello, i just got a kwa kmp9 and i want to upgrade the inner barrel. so i was wondering if an kwa lm4 inner barrel would fit/work in the gun. i have a longe enough [barrel extension] to cover it up with i just need to know if the hop up cut out will fit?
They (the guns) have two different hop-up systems and as a result the LM4 barrel is not a direct swap. What FPS are you looking to get or allowed on your field for that matter? The MP9 is designed to shoot around 400FPS, unless downgraded, and adding an LM4 length barrel may yield a huge increase in FPS depending on length.

#3 RaedonPro

RaedonPro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:I love working on airsoft guns,playing airsoft, PS3,PC gaming, Archery,Photography, I love shoes,and I love KWA products.

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:22 PM

i just wanted the inner barrel for more range and accuracy cuz i would get a tightbore. so pretty much i want an tightbore longer barrel for accuracy and range.

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:51 PM

View PostRaedonPro, on 20 October 2013 - 04:22 PM, said:

i just wanted the inner barrel for more range and accuracy cuz i would get a tightbore. so pretty much i want an tightbore longer barrel for accuracy and range.
Ok, but this gun it not made of extreme accuracy and that accuracy is affected by a number of factors including the fact that it has a fair amount of recoil from the BCG cycle.  Additionally, it has a short receiver (platform for aiming) which make accurate aiming more difficult.  Range at 400 FPS isn't going to change with any barrel in theory.  Basically, any 2 guns with the same FPS and BBs should have the same range assuming you have good hop-up.  A TBB and longer barrel may help accuracy, but as you increase the inner barrel length in a GBB gun you increase the FPS. A TBB of LM4 length with push you way above 400 FPS in an MP9.

#5 RaedonPro

RaedonPro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:05 PM

ok well thanks for the info

#6 choochoo

choochoo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:34 AM

Falcon does make a longer tbb for the mp9
http://www.airsoftgi...oducts_id=13354
but as gcw mentioned, your fps might be way above any fps limit, even at an outdoor field.
Also, with a long inner barrel like the falcon, you sort of defeat the purpose of the MP9.

or you could get an angry gun barrel extension with inner barrel (which I have)
http://www.evike.com...oducts_id=40309
I can tell you that it does improve accuracy.  The groupings are definitely tighter when I measured at 30ft and 60ft.  but...  here's the problem.  With the MP9, I have to use the CQB bolt to get the FPS under 350.  With the CQB bolt, the gun shoots at around 320fps with 0.2gm bbs and around 280~290 with 0.25, which what I mainly use.  When I put the Angry gun barrel extension on there, my fps drops to 290fps with 0.2gm bbs and around 250~260fps with 0.25gm bbs.  My guess is that with the CQB bolt, it just doesn't have enough air volume for the longer inner barrel, so the fps drops.

However, with the stock bolt + the Angry gun barrel extension, my fps readings were crazy high...  like 540fps....  so the moral of the story is.... if you're constantly engaging people at over 100ft.... you may need to get a different gun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users