• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 islandgyros

islandgyros

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Restaurants, energy healing/channeling, peace, spirituality.

Posted 30 May 2009 - 01:26 AM

DOes anyone have any experience with STAR?ares and or VFC what are their pros and cons compared to a KWA?

#2 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2009 - 06:23 PM

I owned VFC 416.  Excellent external but internal aren't as solid.  They do have self shimming gears and a bolt stop/release function.  That's about it.  

Star' aeg.  About the only experience I got with them is their M249.  Fun little sucker but lots of plastic content.  Then again, it's a lot a bad idea since you have to carry around a 2000+ box mag.  Oh and their feeding system on the box mag ain't so good.  Lots of problem, that was 3-4 years ago.

#3 islandgyros

islandgyros

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Restaurants, energy healing/channeling, peace, spirituality.

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:27 PM

View Postallizard, on May 30 2009, 07:23 PM, said:

I owned VFC 416.  Excellent external but internal aren't as solid.  They do have self shimming gears and a bolt stop/release function.  That's about it.  

Star' aeg.  About the only experience I got with them is their M249.  Fun little sucker but lots of plastic content.  Then again, it's a lot a bad idea since you have to carry around a 2000+ box mag.  Oh and their feeding system on the box mag ain't so good.  Lots of problem, that was 3-4 years ago.

and star is so darn expensive wow..what do you think about KWA producing an aeg that has recoil? id trust kwa internals, is kwa perhaps thinking of focusing on 1:1 external reproduction as well as really good internals? that would cover both sides of the fence, and no manufacturer is really focusing on both? i could be wrong though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users