New Lm4 Video From Evike Featuring Allizard! (Pulling A Cam Here)

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 Jatodude

Jatodude

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:17 PM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 16 April 2012 - 02:05 PM, said:

And that is the way you do it.  You seem to know what you are doing so I will leave you to it.  Make sure you post pics when you are done!

If and when I do it I definitely will.  If I get the courage to try it wont be until the end of the warranty for obvious reasons lol.

#42 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:01 PM

View PostJatodude, on 16 April 2012 - 01:36 PM, said:

I don't really understand what you mean, especially about metal rubbing with plastic...  If I did decide to refinish it I would only do the the body when it's disassembled completely so I don't get anything else or change any of the tolerances.

Sorry, I thought you were going to duracoat the gun while the internals were still in the gun. Thank god you're not. I also cringe if somethings not fully taken apart. But, when duracoating real firearms, I see duracoat-ers (is that a word? It is now.) duracoat the insides of the receiver as well for extra strength. Obviously they tear down the WHOLE gun. On an airsoft gun, if you sprayed the inside as well, I would see this detract from the blowback action and slow things up... metal rubbing with plastic as in the gas nozzle, and other plastic/metal internal parts in the gun scraping the duracoat isn't the greatest of ideas (IMO). lol

#43 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,646 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

View Postgreatwatermelon, on 16 April 2012 - 01:41 AM, said:

Jonathan from Airsoftology says the noticeable difference he sees with the new hop up, just to stir you up a bit more. :P

"Made In..." is required by US Customs to be made permanent on the gun itself. KWA has chosen to laser engrave it, which is supposedly removable with Aluminum Black Liquid, though I believe it requires more work than simply applying it over the trades.

There were quite a few non-KWA airsoft guns that were seized a while back by US customs for not following with the ever-so changing US custom requirements. That is why you no longer see the "Made in ..." stickers anymore.
There's some inside info!

#44 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:53 PM

I knew one person who spray painted his KWA SR10 with all his internals inside.... Even with a light coat, some of the spray paint got into the inner barrel, jammed a bb, which ended up stripping his piston and busting one of his bearings.

#45 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:57 PM

View Postgreatwatermelon, on 17 April 2012 - 04:53 PM, said:

I knew one person who spray painted his KWA SR10 with all his internals inside.... Even with a light coat, some of the spray paint got into the inner barrel, jammed a bb, which ended up stripping his piston and busting one of his bearings.
He didn't even bother to take the inner out? Yikes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users