17 replies to this topic

#1 Gcoupe37s

Gcoupe37s

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:57 AM

Hi everyone,

Just bought a new Sr10 and out of the box it was only shooting at 360 fps. Everything ive read about this aeg is that it normally shoots closer to 400.

Is this normal? What steps should I take to fix it?

Ive tried searching but most of the topics that involve loss of fps have to do with barrel upgrades etc...

Thanks.

#2 Larry

Larry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:16 PM

Dont know about others, I have one that is over 400fps after being 3 months old (only change G&G bucking). Was hop up on or off, chrono good? Had a gun checked yesterday at one feild 405/414, today at another place  370/375 (.20s). Only thing you could check without voiding your warr would be bucking area. The spring may have been compressed for a while before purchase? Would check with place you bought it from, or if KWA thinks that is a warr issue before going into gearbox.  Love my SR10, hope you get yours where you need it to be.

Edited by Larry, 23 March 2014 - 07:22 PM.

#3 Pyro_Buster

Pyro_Buster

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:02 PM

Just out of curiosity, what's the climate like where you are? Theoretically temperature could have an effect on the spring due to metal expanding in heat, etc.

#4 Gcoupe37s

Gcoupe37s

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:14 PM

Hop up as all the way off.

Friend choreographed right before me at 395 with his kwa erg so I think it was a fairly accurate chrono.

Temperature wise it was a somewhat cold day but nothing crazy.

The box it came in wasnt in the best condition kind of scuffed could of been sitting in a warehouse for awhile. Ordered from evike.

Running a 9.6V 1600mAh NiMh. Not sure if that matters.

Thanks for the replys guys.

#5 Pyro_Buster

Pyro_Buster

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:21 PM

Were you planning on making any upgrades internally, or leaving it stock? If you were planning on leaving it stock, I'd contact KWA about a warranty if it's that big of an issue to you. If it really makes no difference or you were planning on upgrading, just take it to a tech, see what he has to say, and do some upgrades. I know my SR7 was only shooting about 315 instead of 350 when I bought it. Granted, I bought it used, but I was planning on upgrading it anyways and now it shoots like a dream. For my SR10, when I first bought it the compression build was terrible, and that could be causing your low FPS. A new o-ring and air nozzle should fix it up fine. If that still doesn't work, upgrade the spring. But be conscious that if you put a new bucking in, it will severely drop the FPS from the spring so you will have to get a more powerful spring than you anticipated. My SR7 shot 410 with an M110 long and KWA bucking, 375 with M110 long and Maple Leaf bucking/flathop.

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,565 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:35 PM

View PostGcoupe37s, on 24 March 2014 - 02:14 PM, said:

Hop up as all the way off.

Friend choreographed right before me at 395 with his kwa erg so I think it was a fairly accurate chrono.

Temperature wise it was a somewhat cold day but nothing crazy.

The box it came in wasnt in the best condition kind of scuffed could of been sitting in a warehouse for awhile. Ordered from evike.

Running a 9.6V 1600mAh NiMh. Not sure if that matters.

Thanks for the replys guys.
Do you have a serial number you can post?

#7 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:36 AM

Appears significantly low velocity.  My 10" KM4-CQB clocked at 360fps when new.  340fps now that she has several thousands shots.

-- Chuck

#8 never_again

never_again

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 06:30 AM

I bought a SR10 and is also shooting @ 355-350 FPS wonder should a spring upgrade is what is needed to bring it to around 405-415
I'm an outdoor player and I like to reach and touch from a distance. I also know two other guys that have he same issue @ the field I play

#9 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,565 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:03 AM

View Postnever_again, on 05 April 2014 - 06:30 AM, said:

I bought a SR10 and is also shooting @ 355-350 FPS wonder should a spring upgrade is what is needed to bring it to around 405-415
I'm an outdoor player and I like to reach and touch from a distance. I also know two other guys that have he same issue @ the field I play
Hi N_A - I have a few questions.  The FPS is low compared to what you should expect.  Is the FPS measured with the hop-up off and with .2 BBs?  Also, what cylinder is installed in it (a picture would be helpful)?  Lastly, are you the original owner and is the gun new?

#10 never_again

never_again

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:45 PM

I used .2 to tested, I was hoping get 380-390 closer to 400 the AEG is brand new got it January from Evike, with he hop up off I get closer to 360,   also have a KM head 6.02 TBB everything is stock except  the inner barrel. My RM4 shoots around 360-365, could it be compression. In Maryland is hard to find a tech that knows what's doing. when I first got it  did not chrono it cause over here it's been a harsh winter

Edited by never_again, 05 April 2014 - 10:46 PM.

#11 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,565 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:26 AM

View Postnever_again, on 05 April 2014 - 10:45 PM, said:

I used .2 to tested, I was hoping get 380-390 closer to 400 the AEG is brand new got it January from Evike, with he hop up off I get closer to 360,   also have a KM head 6.02 TBB everything is stock except  the inner barrel. My RM4 shoots around 360-365, could it be compression. In Maryland is hard to find a tech that knows what's doing. when I first got it  did not chrono it cause over here it's been a harsh winter
Where did you purchase the KM Head from and who installed it?  My guess is your issue is there.  Do you have the stock inner barrel?

#12 never_again

never_again

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:53 PM

I installed it my self, the KM head is brand new but even before the barrel, the fps was 350 my opinion is the new SR10 are not tune like the old ones, two other guys I know had the same surprise. We just got them in January from deferent vendors.

#13 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,565 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:07 PM

I think your best bet is to send it to KWA to have it properly diagnsed and fixed.

#14 never_again

never_again

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:57 PM

thanks GCW, I got another question for since you know a lot about airsoft tech. Do you have any knowledge about R HOPS or G HOP I'm thinking about installing one on my RM4 as well the SR10

#15 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,565 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:41 AM

View Postnever_again, on 11 April 2014 - 02:57 PM, said:

thanks GCW, I got another question for since you know a lot about airsoft tech. Do you have any knowledge about R HOPS or G HOP I'm thinking about installing one on my RM4 as well the SR10
Knowledgble, yes.  But have never actually installed one.  It's about the only thing I haven't done, lol.  There is a huge thread on the subject here: http://www.kwausa.co...?showtopic=7117

Hope this helps.

#16 never_again

never_again

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:12 PM

Thanx

#17 holderp

holderp

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:59 AM

Have you checked your hopup. On my CQR the nub was binding causing the hopup to be on all the time.  When I chronoed I was getting 260. I fixed the hopup and rechronoed and with 25's ended up with about 300.
Turned out there was casting flash in the window binding the nub. Trimmed the flash and all is good.

#18 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,565 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:31 PM

View Postholderp, on 22 April 2014 - 07:59 AM, said:

Have you checked your hopup. On my CQR the nub was binding causing the hopup to be on all the time.  When I chronoed I was getting 260. I fixed the hopup and rechronoed and with 25's ended up with about 300.
Turned out there was casting flash in the window binding the nub. Trimmed the flash and all is good.
Thank you for the report.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users